Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lets Talk Metal - Page 1146

post #17176 of 17189
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepitsimple View Post
 

I usually mix up my stuff and play it at random

 

I do that too. One of the many advantages of having all your music in the same place. Usually I throw 10-15 albums that I think fit together in a playlist and then just shuffle it. 

post #17177 of 17189
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepitsimple View Post
 

I usually mix up my stuff and play it at random-i delete the digital file if i dont like i. try and play loud through speakers but i need the family  out.

Of course some albums deserve a full listen and i give them the respect they deserve.An excellent cd like still life by opeth is better split up as one sitting becomes a bit 2 much.i think that one is a double album if you research it.One cd at a time is not usually for me.Anyone else have strange listening habbits-Lights are off and gong are on-really low as the wife has been shouting that its too loud.it interferes with her crass soaps lol


I find as my gear expands, my listening habits are changing. It's always a juggling act between depth in quality of gear and breadth for me. I've got a decent little computer room stereo w/ dedicated CD player, Sonos and usb connection w/ my computer. Then, I've got Sonos speakers for "house music" in my kitchen, TV room and an extra floating small speaker I sometimes will move from a bedroom, downstairs if I'm working out, etc.

 

I find I listen to mostly my own CD library in digital files on Sonos and sometimes I'll put a CD in as I still think it sounds a little better if I want to have the best sound I can get or w/ HPs

 

Used to be just listen to CDs in the car and Ipod, Now I can listen to music in more ways-being able to listen in kitchen before work and when preparing food-in my dedicated space at the end of the day when going thru emails or surfing the web drinking a beer, in a bedroom, exercising at home, etc. and I find it's become a bigger part of m life.

 

I'm also streaming more listening to music on end of year lists and listening to "new musiic" or "2013-14 music" playlists which are a mixture of stuff I own and stuff I stream all mixed up together. 

 

Giving Revocation a second chance now....and liking them more than I did before.

 

Yeah-Ive got pretty good breadth, and now I want more depth of quality in my dedicated system and HPs......my wallet can only handle so much at time.


Edited by markm1 - 12/17/14 at 1:09pm
post #17178 of 17189
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathzombie View Post

What are the odds? I like Crosses too and they released an album in 2014 as well biggrin.gif



Quirky twist maybe? smily_headphones1.gif




I'm really into this kind of metal right now, "emo metal"?

I can totally relate to some of the lyrics off this album.
Edited by SilentFrequency - 12/17/14 at 1:14pm
post #17179 of 17189

I really really hope they release their new album soon!
My absolute favorite rednecks ♥

post #17180 of 17189
So, what do you guys think about the new Periphery albums?
post #17181 of 17189
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiorisekine View Post

So, what do you guys think about the new Periphery albums?

I like them. I like Periphery 1 more than 2.

 

But, I just checked out and they are releasing new album in 2015. Nice


Edited by wrathzombie - Yesterday at 4:25 am
post #17182 of 17189
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathzombie View Post

I like them

I really like what I've heard so far, they are making me look forward to next year.
post #17183 of 17189
Quote:
Originally Posted by markm1 View Post
 


I find as my gear expands, my listening habits are changing. It's always a juggling act between depth in quality of gear and breadth for me. I've got a decent little computer room stereo w/ dedicated CD player, Sonos and usb connection w/ my computer. Then, I've got Sonos speakers for "house music" in my kitchen, TV room and an extra floating small speaker I sometimes will move from a bedroom, downstairs if I'm working out, etc.

 

I find I listen to mostly my own CD library in digital files on Sonos and sometimes I'll put a CD in as I still think it sounds a little better if I want to have the best sound I can get or w/ HPs

 

Used to be just listen to CDs in the car and Ipod, Now I can listen to music in more ways-being able to listen in kitchen before work and when preparing food-in my dedicated space at the end of the day when going thru emails or surfing the web drinking a beer, in a bedroom, exercising at home, etc. and I find it's become a bigger part of m life.

 

I'm also streaming more listening to music on end of year lists and listening to "new musiic" or "2013-14 music" playlists which are a mixture of stuff I own and stuff I stream all mixed up together. 

 

Giving Revocation a second chance now....and liking them more than I did before.

 

Yeah-Ive got pretty good breadth, and now I want more depth of quality in my dedicated system and HPs......my wallet can only handle so much at time.

Hi mate .Do you have the stereo imaging with the sonos.I just love that with good albums.something going on in the right speaker thats different to the left.i bet those old quad systems were amazing.

post #17184 of 17189
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepitsimple View Post
 

Hi mate .Do you have the stereo imaging with the sonos.I just love that with good albums.something going on in the right speaker thats different to the left.i bet those old quad systems were amazing.


So you can buy the speakers as an  individual speaker or buy a pair and play them in stereo (L & R channel). You can also use them as part of a home theater surrounds sound with a soundbar. They've got a bunch of different options. You can even run it through your own speaker system. I do all of the above. I'm heavily invested :ksc75smile:

 

It's not high end audiophile sound but can be with your own speaker set up if you have nice gear and are using a good DAC. However it only supports FLAC files up to 16 bit / 44.1 kHz. Sonos does not currently support high-resolution FLAC (24/96). It works for me as listen to mostly my own CDs in lossless files and some streaming through a music service.

post #17185 of 17189

wow solid grind by these japs

post #17186 of 17189
Quote:
Originally Posted by markm1 View Post
 


So you can buy the speakers as an  individual speaker or buy a pair and play them in stereo (L & R channel). You can also use them as part of a home theater surrounds sound with a soundbar. They've got a bunch of different options. You can even run it through your own speaker system. I do all of the above. I'm heavily invested :ksc75smile:

 

It's not high end audiophile sound but can be with your own speaker set up if you have nice gear and are using a good DAC. However it only supports FLAC files up to 16 bit / 44.1 kHz. Sonos does not currently support high-resolution FLAC (24/96). It works for me as listen to mostly my own CDs in lossless files and some streaming through a music service.

i see.that sounds good.i was aware of the sonos system but didnt realise the flexibility.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/pc-speaker-reviews/monster-clarity-hd-model-one-review/

ive the above and they are good.if they broke i would get them again or something similar as i like the ease of them.You can just unplug and move them.

post #17187 of 17189
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepitsimple View Post
 

i see.that sounds good.i was aware of the sonos system but didnt realise the flexibility.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/pc-speaker-reviews/monster-clarity-hd-model-one-review/

ive the above and they are good.if they broke i would get them again or something similar as i like the ease of them.You can just unplug and move them.


Looks really nice.

 

Sonos is the biggest selling wireless system on the market. Just really easy to use and have a lot of nice features-super user friendly-plug in and play. I'm sure there will be a lot of other stuff that comes out that gives them a run for their money...something with all the conveniences, flexibility with truly audiophile sound that is affordable. For me, it's just so easy to use. I've noticed Sonos in high end audio stores in my area which is interesting-paired with big $ systems and it sounds great. I'm looking forward to upgrading my speaker system with a much better DAC. W/ a nice DAC and gear it's hard to hear the difference between Sonos and old fashioned CD playback.

post #17188 of 17189
Quote:
Originally Posted by markm1 View Post
 


So you can buy the speakers as an  individual speaker or buy a pair and play them in stereo (L & R channel). You can also use them as part of a home theater surrounds sound with a soundbar. They've got a bunch of different options. You can even run it through your own speaker system. I do all of the above. I'm heavily invested :ksc75smile:

 

It's not high end audiophile sound but can be with your own speaker set up if you have nice gear and are using a good DAC. However it only supports FLAC files up to 16 bit / 44.1 kHz. Sonos does not currently support high-resolution FLAC (24/96). It works for me as listen to mostly my own CDs in lossless files and some streaming through a music service.


I dunno man, the SQ is pretty darn good with Sonos, and I'll be darned if I can tell a difference between a CD and file through the system. Over the past 4 months its become I preferred way of listening, edging out even JRiver.  But only with 44.1K material and Spotify.  I also have Deezer, but I'm not sure I'm going to keep it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markm1 View Post
 


Looks really nice.

 

Sonos is the biggest selling wireless system on the market. Just really easy to use and have a lot of nice features-super user friendly-plug in and play. I'm sure there will be a lot of other stuff that comes out that gives them a run for their money...something with all the conveniences, flexibility with truly audiophile sound that is affordable. For me, it's just so easy to use. I've noticed Sonos in high end audio stores in my area which is interesting-paired with big $ systems and it sounds great. I'm looking forward to upgrading my speaker system with a much better DAC. W/ a nice DAC and gear it's hard to hear the difference between Sonos and old fashioned CD playback.

And yeah.  With my Benchmark in the system, things definitely moved up a few notches.


Edited by swspiers - Yesterday at 4:30 pm
post #17189 of 17189
Quote:
Originally Posted by swspiers View Post
 


I dunno man, the SQ is pretty darn good with Sonos, and I'll be darned if I can tell a difference between a CD and file through the system. Over the past 4 months its become I preferred way of listening, edging out even JRiver.  But only with 44.1K material and Spotify.  I also have Deezer, but I'm not sure I'm going to keep it.

And yeah.  With my Benchmark in the system, things definitely moved up a few notches.


That's good to hear. Yeah, it is good. I just remember when I was researching hearing, well it's pretty good sounding but not "audiophile quality". But, that's the Sonos speakers which are really actually decent. I've got two play 5s that I pair with the Sonos sub and a playbar all in the same large kitchen and sun room space and I think it rocks. The sub is a really nice sub and I'll use it w/ music w/ my play 5s or w/the playbar when watching TV. The fact that I can use it w/ my TV as a home theater set up or stream or with all my CDs in digital files. It's killer.

 

Then when you pair it w/ your own speaker system, the sound can be as good as you wan-as good as you're speaker system is-as long as your not stuck on hi res files and so on.


Edited by markm1 - Yesterday at 4:51 pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal