Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lets Talk Metal - Page 1104

post #16546 of 16557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post
 

Listening to the new CC all day!

ive split it in two parts.heard side 1 twice-v good and a nice production job imho

post #16547 of 16557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post
 

CC is an institution and the fact that many of their early works are classics being far superior than 90% of the crap they are releasing today as death metal.

 

 

They are not loved by all and never will be. Their lyrical style and content was cutting edge at the time of release and now common place in the genre. Their sound will never be copied, no one can do it. This simple fact is why they are the kings of the genre, add to that they have sold more death records than anyone.

 

 

Still no one at AMG wanted to review the record. I don't want to review the record. It may be a level of respect, or we don't want to face the fact they have changed.

 

 

 

I almost can't say this..........................but after playing the album all day yesterday I think they could actually take lessons from Jungle Rot.

 

 

 

Yep, their new invention was cool for so long, but even though I do like this record. I don't think it is 100%. I want to love it. Maybe it will grow on me. I want to learn to love it so?

 

They need to get back the simple basics like Jungle Rot.

I have heard 1 album by jungle rot and enjoyed it-i must chck out more

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Jungle_Rot/Slaughter_the_Weak/16838

post #16548 of 16557
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepitsimple View Post

I have heard 1 album by jungle rot and enjoyed it-i must chck out more
http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Jungle_Rot/Slaughter_the_Weak/16838

I actually take back what I said in the above post. Jungle Rot are this great, always been around true to form death metal band. They may be the most under rated band on this thread in the death genre?


But I had a hard time digesting the new CC so I wanted them to maybe stick with a simple style. But........................................in the end CC wins! After getting a grip on the new album it's great and better than Jungle Rot.

There will be more opinions on this new album here.cool.gif



If you want to find a good Jungle Rot album, 2011's Kill On Command was my favorite album of the year in 2011. You will love it.
Edited by Redcarmoose - Yesterday at 1:14 am
post #16549 of 16557
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepitsimple View Post

ive split it in two parts.heard side 1 twice-v good and a nice production job imho

Ha, a different approach, listen to the first half of the album 8 times. Half as much work as trying to learn the whole thing?


I have to try it. I will call it the EP approach.

Good was what I thought at first, then I fell in love!
post #16550 of 16557
post #16551 of 16557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post


Ha, a different approach, listen to the first half of the album 8 times. Half as much work as trying to learn the whole thing?


I have to try it. I will call it the EP approach.

Good was what I thought at first, then I fell in love!

i usually look to see if a vinyl copy has been made.i then split the digital into 2 or sometimes 3.it works for me.if something is worthy i will play side 1 through headphones twice and then side 2.i will then blast it loud when the family are out to give it some respect.also i keep the bonus tracks seperate so as not to stop the flow and feel of the original

post #16552 of 16557
That is kinda how I used to listen to new vinyl. If a song in the beginning was good it warranted a replay. Maybe a complete 2X listen of side one before the flip. You then start generating an opinion on the music.
post #16553 of 16557

The new Bloodbath vocalist has been revealed as Nick Holmes (Paradise Lost):

 

http://metalhammer.teamrock.com/news/2014-09-16/exclusive-bloodbath-reveal-new-vocalist-1

post #16554 of 16557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post


I actually take back what I said in the above post. Jungle Rot are this great, always been around true to form death metal band. They may be the most under rated band on this thread in the death genre?


But I had a hard time digesting the new CC so I wanted them to maybe stick with a simple style. But........................................in the end CC wins! After getting a grip on the new album it's great and better than Jungle Rot.

There will be more opinions on this new album here.cool.gif



If you want to find a good Jungle Rot album, 2011's Kill On Command was my favorite album of the year in 2011. You will love it.


One reviewer I read on Kill on Command called it "meat'n'potatoes" Death Metal which works for me. Just straight forward, no frills, crunchy DM. Great production for a DM album-it just kicks ass and is fun. It's one of my favorites. Whatever you call that style-it's DM a guy like me can easily get into.

post #16555 of 16557
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrocheesium View Post
 

The new Bloodbath vocalist has been revealed as Nick Holmes (Paradise Lost):

 

http://metalhammer.teamrock.com/news/2014-09-16/exclusive-bloodbath-reveal-new-vocalist-1

 

as a fan of death/doom, the announcement made me very happy

post #16556 of 16557

 

this band from Russia!

and greeting from Armenia!

post #16557 of 16557

I was somehow reminded of synth-metal when I came across an old Blood Stain Child song and been listening to The Unguided all day.  I used to listen to this stuff in my younger years.  Didn't think synth-metal was still around. It's very different metal than what I listen to normally.

 

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal