Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lets Talk Metal - Page 1026

post #15376 of 16561
Quote:
Originally Posted by sludgeogre View Post

As a man with a monobrow, I feel I must endorse this band.

Isn't it a unibrow?
post #15377 of 16561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post


Isn't it a unibrow?

I like the Sabbath influence mixed with the guitar/bass drumesk tone of Superjoint Ritual. Only things that come to mind? Maybe Mastodon?

 

Totally fun, I will be listening to this all day! I love these guys!


Edited by Redcarmoose - 7/21/14 at 6:17pm
post #15378 of 16561
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboysam View Post

My band recently released our 3rd album. You can check it out here.
http://monobrowmanband.bandcamp.com.


Vinyl has a DR of 12 smily_headphones1.gif

IMG_189244342031264_zpsj72tkiwm.jpeg

Awesome! Since the days of Kyuss, Sleep, YOB, Pelican I've been a stoner doom fan. Totally dig this.Congrats.


Edited by markm1 - 7/21/14 at 6:45pm
post #15379 of 16561
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathzombie View Post

 

Did everyone listen to this?


 

Plini - Atlas


 

a3871142140_10.jpg

 

Nice instroprog, though I think previous EP was more interesting. Awesome artwork!
 

post #15380 of 16561
Quote:
Originally Posted by uriz3n View Post
 

 

Nice instroprog, though I think previous EP was more interesting. Awesome artwork!
 

Yes.. There is a cat on top of the parachute... Hehehehe

 

Yep, agreed previous releases were def better.

post #15381 of 16561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post
 

Amazing! Thank you.

 

No problem, thanks for checking it out!  I figured there would some people here that would enjoy it.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sludgeogre View Post
 

As a man with a monobrow, I feel I must endorse this band.

Keep it connected man!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post
 

I like the Sabbath influence mixed with the guitar/bass drumesk tone of Superjoint Ritual. Only things that come to mind? Maybe Mastodon?

 

Totally fun, I will be listening to this all day! I love these guys!

Glad you dig it, funny enough none of us really listen to Mastodon very much.  I've been getting into them lately.  Crack the Skye is my favorite, followed by Leviathan and Blood Mountain.  Then new one is also growing on me.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by markm1 View Post
 

Awesome! Since the days of Kyuss, Sleep, YOB, Pelican I've been a stoner doom fan. Totally dig this.Congrats.

Thanks!  Kyuss and Sleep are definetly big influences but as are Sabbath (obviously :) ), Funkadelic, Pentagram and Saint Vitus.

 

 

 

Here is  little video we did, pretty amateur but it turned our pretty good and it was cheap to make.

 

 

Currently I spinning Acid King's Busse Woods with my LD1+ and HE-4s...classic.

 

post #15382 of 16561
Quote:
Originally Posted by sludgeogre View Post
 

Neurosis, Ahab and Catacombs are my favorites that come to mind.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazingsonic View Post
 

I know and love Neurosis and Ahab. Don´t know much about Catacombs. Thanks, will have a listen :)

 

I may have pre-ordered Catacombs' full-length album from Moribund Records. (I remember the good old days when I would send them [and other labels] cash in the mail and try to snatch up their rare stock.) It's pretty good for funeral doom.

 

Haven't heard Ahab, but I have 5 Neurosis CDs. I don't know of any other band that has the atmosphere they do.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

You should also check out Esoteric!

Really awesome song.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazingsonic View Post
 

Was listening to them half an hour ago :D As I dig deeper into the band´s sound, it gets more and more fascinating. Really intense and beautiful music.

 

I recommended Esoteric a few pages back. I own their latest three albums. Can't recall if the older releases were more interesting.


Edited by Music Alchemist - 7/21/14 at 10:08pm
post #15383 of 16561
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboysam View Post
 

 

No problem, thanks for checking it out!  I figured there would some people here that would enjoy it.

 

Keep it connected man!

 

Glad you dig it, funny enough none of us really listen to Mastodon very much.  I've been getting into them lately.  Crack the Skye is my favorite, followed by Leviathan and Blood Mountain.  Then new one is also growing on me.

 

Thanks!  Kyuss and Sleep are definetly big influences but as are Sabbath (obviously :) ), Funkadelic, Pentagram and Saint Vitus.

 

 

 

Here is  little video we did, pretty amateur but it turned our pretty good and it was cheap to make.

 

 

Currently I spinning Acid King's Busse Woods with my LD1+ and HE-4s...classic.

 


I never see that posted. Big props dude. I love Acid King. That's a great album.  Cool to see one of our own with making new music. Living the dream.

post #15384 of 16561

I really want to know why it took me till now to actually sit down and listen to all of Welcome to the Morbid Reich, what a glorious album

post #15385 of 16561
Quote:
Originally Posted by markm1 View Post


Cool to see one of our own with making new music. Living the dream.

 



hahaha yeah living the dream! world tour coming in 2015 wink.gif
post #15386 of 16561
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva View Post

I really want to know why it took me till now to actually sit down and listen to all of Welcome to the Morbid Reich, what a glorious album

Beats me. Listen to Dave. biggrin.gif

EDIT: And it puts the new one in perspective. Good, but not Morbid.
post #15387 of 16561

Thanks to Ulcerate, Pyrrhon and Gorguts, we have:

 

 
  •  
post #15388 of 16561
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboysam View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by markm1 View Post
 


Cool to see one of our own with making new music. Living the dream.

 



hahaha yeah living the dream! world tour coming in 2015 wink.gif

 

Well, you know what? I found you on Rhapsody and now I'm streaming your band on Sonos through my stereo and wirelessly through speakers in my kitchen along with other new music. Couldn't have imagined doing something like that a few years ago.

 

That's livin' the dream in my book. Sounds great. 


Edited by markm1 - 7/22/14 at 1:38pm
post #15389 of 16561
Quote:
Originally Posted by markm1 View Post
 

 

Well, you know what? I found you on Rhapsody and now I'm streaming your band on Sonos through my stereo and wirelessly through speakers in my kitchen along with other new music. Couldn't have imagined doing something like that a few years ago.

 

That's livin' the dream in my book. Sounds great. 

 

 

very true, and thanks!

post #15390 of 16561
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva View Post

I really want to know why it took me till now to actually sit down and listen to all of Welcome to the Morbid Reich, what a glorious album



Well, it is very close to perfect. I would almost go as far as to call it audiophile metal. It's more than that. It has a very large level of detail and authority much like a movie. I listen to it all the time and never get sick of it.

Many of us put it at the top of our year end lists. Welcome to the Morbid Reich is a perfect gateway record for anyone not into Vader. Due to the quality it seems to even add to the listening experience of Vader's record before it [Necropolis] and helps us understand Vader's new album.

Vader is my favorite band. The new album just gets better and better with repeat listening.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal