Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lets Talk Metal - Page 983

post #14731 of 26052
Quote:

Originally Posted by wrathzombie View Post
 

 

  •  

 

Oh yes. I'm ready.

post #14732 of 26052

PSA: Stream began :)

http://www.swr3.de/musik/rock-am-ring/livestream/-/id=1453978/oga2s9/index.html

Starting of with Battery!

post #14733 of 26052
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrocheesium View Post
 

 

Oh yes. I'm ready.


+1

post #14734 of 26052

The HE-500 is unfortunately being discontinued soon. Currently selling new for $600 while the last ones are being cleared. There are actually quite a number of nice budget amp options for the HE-500. The Garage 1217 Project Ember is a very nice tube/hybrid and then the Emotiva Mini-X is unbeatable for $229.

 

The RS1i would have been a good deal at $500 new. I also got mine 2nd hand from another Head-Fi'er and at the time it was a big step up from my first middle of the road headphones and got lots of listening enjoyment out of it. The RS1i got neglected after I got the HE-500 though and sold it a couple month thereafter. I've still got the SR325is around when I'm the mood for a Grado sound. The SR325is is actually a bit better for classic rock, as you mentioned due to the lack of bass. I loved the RS1i belting out those guitar riffs though, they have great instrument separation and imaging. I would still like them for metal, but the energy and dynamics out of the HE-500 is infectious!


Edited by daerron - 6/8/14 at 1:37pm
post #14735 of 26052
Quote:
Originally Posted by daerron View Post
 

The HE-500 is unfortunately being discontinued soon. Currently selling new for $600 while the last ones are being cleared. There are actually quite a number of nice budget amp options for the HE-500. The Garage 1217 Project Ember is a very nice tube/hybrid and then the Emotiva Mini-X is unbeatable for $229.

 

The RS1i would have been a good deal at $500 new. I also got mine 2nd hand from another Head-Fi'er and at the time it was a big step up from my first middle of the road headphones and got lots of listening enjoyment out of it. The RS1i got neglected after I got the HE-500 though and sold it a couple month thereafter. I've still got the SR325is around when I'm the mood for a Grado sound. The SR325is is actually a bit better for classic rock, as you mentioned due to the lack of bass. I loved the RS1i belting out those guitar riffs though, they have great instrument separation and imaging. I would still like them for metal, but the energy and dynamics out of the HE-500 is infectious!


No doubt....I'd probably feel the same way. Hopefully, there'll be quite a few used one sold ....assuming they're rolling in their next big thing. If I'm going to drop $500 or more, I  just need to audition some more orthos.

post #14736 of 26052
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrocheesium View Post

Oh yes. I'm ready.

I think I have found my favorite band of 2014.

Every year I listen to one band more than any other and the list goes:

2011 - Opeth
2012 - Katatonia
2013 - Beyond Creation
2014 - The Atlas Moth
post #14737 of 26052

Metallica just played a new song called Lords of Summer.
Pretty nice IMHO (and pretty long)!

post #14738 of 26052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

Metallica just played a new song called Lords of Summer.
Pretty nice IMHO (and pretty long)!

OMG they are playing One. OMG!! OMG!! OMG!!

post #14739 of 26052
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathzombie View Post

OMG they are playing One. OMG!! OMG!! OMG!!

HAHAHAHA!
post #14740 of 26052
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathzombie View Post
 

OMG they are playing One. OMG!! OMG!! OMG!!

?
My irony detector is under maintenance.

post #14741 of 26052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

?
My irony detector is under maintenance.

One is my favorite metallica songs, and as soon as I went to the live stream, they started playing it. Its reason enough to get excited. No need to be a dic about it. :tongue: 

post #14742 of 26052
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathzombie View Post
 

One is my favorite metallica songs, and as soon as I went to the live stream, they started playing it. Its reason enough to get excited. No need to be a dic about it. :tongue: 

And I thought you tried to chime in on the ever present Metallica hate.

My sincerest apologies! :beerchug:

It's just that hating Metallica seems to be kind of cool nowadays.

(Also one of my favorite metallica tracks up there with Cthulhu, Battery and Fade to Black)


Edited by Tom Yum Goong - 6/8/14 at 2:59pm
post #14743 of 26052
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathzombie View Post

One is my favorite metallica songs, and as soon as I went to the live stream, they started playing it. Its reason enough to get excited. No need to be a dic about it. tongue.gif  

No, no, I was just like....wait...how many times have you heard One at this point? Honestly?
post #14744 of 26052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post


No, no, I was just like....wait...how many times have you heard One at this point? Honestly?

Why does nobody complain when Maiden plays e.g. Fear of the Dark?

post #14745 of 26052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

And I thought you tried to chime in on the ever present Metallica hate.

My sincerest apologies! :beerchug:

It's just that hating Metallica seems to be kind of cool nowadays.

(Also one of my favorite metallica tracks up there with Cthulhu, Battery and Fade to Black)

Cheers !!!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal