or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lets Talk Metal - Page 976

post #14626 of 25480

Maybe I don't have the ears or awareness for it, but I've never been able to hear a difference between 16/44 and 24/96. In fact I converted all of my HD files to 16/44 a few months ago to save space. :confused_face:

post #14627 of 25480
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrocheesium View Post
 

Maybe I don't have the ears or awareness for it, but I've never been able to hear a difference between 16/44 and 24/96. In fact I converted all of my HD files to 16/44 a few months ago to save space. :confused_face:


I'm saying there may or may not be a difference. I am highly susceptible to placebo. I think I hear it? 

post #14628 of 25480

love this- Richard Fortus

I thought this was kind of funny.

post #14629 of 25480
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrocheesium View Post

Maybe I don't have the ears or awareness for it, but I've never been able to hear a difference between 16/44 and 24/96. In fact I converted all of my HD files to 16/44 a few months ago to save space. confused_face.gif

It's in the master not the sampling rate! biggrin.gif
post #14630 of 25480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post

It's in the master not the sampling rate! biggrin.gif



I agree but the amp and headphones make a bigger difference than bit rate or DR. IMO
post #14631 of 25480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post


I agree but the amp and headphones make a bigger difference than bit rate or DR. IMO

 

Bit rate, yes. But DR? I think it depends. A REALLY squashed mix sounds audibly worse on the cheapest speakers. But for any reasonable DR I'd agree.

post #14632 of 25480

I like to check out the Aboutheavymetal.com end of the month recommendations. Sometimes I'll find a new band that I really like. The May list has several bands that are gaps in my metal listening. Can anyone give me impressions of any of these bands who have new albums? Are any of these guys worth checking out?

 

1. Crowbar

2. Eyehategod

3. Misery Index

4. Prong-my memory is they had a kind of  industrial thrash sound. I had an early album of theirs many years ago-wondering how their new one is?

post #14633 of 25480
Quote:
Originally Posted by markm1 View Post
 

I like to check out the Aboutheavymetal.com end of the month recommendations. Sometimes I'll find a new band that I really like. The May list has several bands that are gaps in my metal listening. Can anyone give me impressions of any of these bands who have new albums? Are any of these guys worth checking out?

 

1. Crowbar

2. Eyehategod

3. Misery Index

4. Prong-my memory is they had a kind of  industrial thrash sound. I had an early album of theirs many years ago-wondering how their new one is?

I have been checking their lists as well.

 

Crowbar: No clue

Eyehategod: Imagine 'Down' playing sludge

Misery Index: Death Metal/Grind (Fast Brutal and Melodic) 

Prong-my memory: No Clue

post #14634 of 25480

post #14635 of 25480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post

I agree but the amp and headphones make a bigger difference than bit rate or DR. IMO

Definitely. But, garbage in, garbage out.... biggrin.gif
post #14636 of 25480
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathzombie View Post
 

I have been checking their lists as well.

 

Crowbar: No clue

Eyehategod: Imagine 'Down' playing sludge

Misery Index: Death Metal/Grind (Fast Brutal and Melodic)

Prong-my memory: No Clue

Cheers-thanks.

post #14637 of 25480

^the new misery index is very good

post #14638 of 25480
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepitsimple View Post

^the new misery index is very good


The only thing I have ever heard was 2006s Discordia, but this new album shows the change of a new guitar player in 2010 maybe raising this band up. I don't think they have ever been that popular except they have toured a lot. I thought Discordia was good but kind-of second tier stuff but now it sounds like they have entered the big leaques.redface.gif
Edited by Redcarmoose - 6/2/14 at 5:33pm
post #14639 of 25480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post

It's in the master not the sampling rate! biggrin.gif

I dunno... I can think of two examples that provide backing and a counterpoint: Pink Floyd's Pulse: Live and Metallica: Death Magnetic, respectively.

There is not a marked step up in audio quality between 16 and 24 bit depth in the former, however the latter sees details not at all omnipresent in its 16 bit version.

In saying this, there may be marked differences dependent upon the original source: vinyl rip or straight digital.
Edited by Black Label - 6/2/14 at 6:47pm
post #14640 of 25480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Label View Post

I dunno... I can think of two examples that provide backing and a counterpoint: Pink Floyd's Pulse: Live and Metallica: Death Magnetic, respectively.


Death Magnetic is mastered compressed and thin. I even have the vinyl and it sounds like !$&@?!$&@. Like the tunes still!biggrin.gif
Edited by Redcarmoose - 6/2/14 at 6:33pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal