or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lets Talk Metal - Page 965

post #14461 of 25493
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva View Post

Hey Dave, thanks for posting this guy http://www.metal-fi.com/fear-thoughts-vulcanus/ , id never heard of them before and its pretty solid

Yeah, I quite enjoy Dave's recommendations (in general). I've never heard of them before that MFi article.

EDIT: Thanks for reading MFi too!
post #14462 of 25493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post


They are by far the most mature and intelligent death metal band in existence. It is even safe to say they are currently the greatest death metal band in the world.13 more days.

*cough* Bolt Thrower *cough*....*hiccup* Carcass *hiccup*... biggrin.gif
post #14463 of 25493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirnupiima View Post
 

For those interested in the Swans record, it is quite a satisfying experience. I don't want to say too much about it yet but the first impressions after 3 listens are that it's maybe not as claustrofobic and daunting as The Seer is. It has power of its own though. And my seal of approval.


Hey. I just checked Amazon-the CD available at this point looks like a special edition 3 discs. I believe the actual release is two discs. Do you have the special edition? Curious-if you think the extra disc (or album if your listening to vinyl) is worth the extra couple of $?

 

      $16.79


 

  • Audio CD (May 13, 2014)
  • Original Release Date: 2014
  • Number of Discs: 3
  • Format: Special Edition

810-qM7BHOL._SL1200_.jpg

post #14464 of 25493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post

*cough* Bolt Thrower *cough*....*hiccup* Carcass *hiccup*... biggrin.gif


iMO:p:p:p
post #14465 of 25493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post

iMO:p:p:p

You know I dig Vader too RC! beerchug.gif
post #14466 of 25493

This is like the Prog Tech Metal of Classic music.
Lovin it :L3000:

post #14467 of 25493
Quote:
Originally Posted by markm1 View Post
 


Hey. I just checked Amazon-the CD available at this point looks like a special edition 3 discs. I believe the actual release is two discs. Do you have the special edition? Curious-if you think the extra disc (or album if your listening to vinyl) is worth the extra couple of $?

I just got the regular 2CD set. 3 vinyls would be too many for my patience to flip through :D.

 

I passed on the extra DVD. The Seer also had it and I think it didn't include much more than the mini documentary that you can see also from youtube or Pitchfork's front page. Not sure though so take this with a grain of NaCl.

 

edit: Oh and the contents on just the 2CDs is worth double the money. It's good!


Edited by Kirnupiima - 5/18/14 at 12:14pm
post #14468 of 25493
Quote:
Originally Posted by markm1 View Post
 


Hey. I just checked Amazon-the CD available at this point looks like a special edition 3 discs. I believe the actual release is two discs. Do you have the special edition? Curious-if you think the extra disc (or album if your listening to vinyl) is worth the extra couple of $?

 

       


 

  • Audio CD (May 13, 2014)
  • Original Release Date: 2014
  • Number of Discs: 3
  • Format: Special Edition


It might be the 2CD + DVD (hence three disks) edition.

post #14469 of 25493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirnupiima View Post
 

I just got the regular 2CD set. 3 vinyls would be too many for my patience to flip through :D.

 

I passed on the extra DVD. The Seer also had it and I think it didn't include much more than the mini documentary that you can see also from youtube or Pitchfork's front page. Not sure though so take this with a grain of NaCl.

 

edit: Oh and the contents on just the 2CDs is worth double the money. It's good!


Thanks. I went ahead and ordered the 3 cd set. I'm sure I could have waited a few months and got the basic double disc release cheaper and used-but I don't want to wait.

 

Cheers:bigsmile_face:

post #14470 of 25493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post


*cough* Bolt Thrower *cough*....*hiccup* Carcass *hiccup*... biggrin.gif

good call

post #14471 of 25493
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepitsimple View Post
 

good call

Can I also throw in Suffocation?

I don't like Bolt Thrower, Carcass and Vader ♥

post #14472 of 25493

Is it just me, I don't get Swans??? Tried listening on Youtube and it should be nowhere near a Metal discussion...

post #14473 of 25493
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipervick View Post

Is it just me, I don't get Swans??? Tried listening on Youtube and it should be nowhere near a Metal discussion...

Neither do I. I have tried, and tired, and tired, I just don't get it. And I consider all of you friends with impeccable taste in music! biggrin.gif

Can someone point me to a song that I might like? Please?
post #14474 of 25493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post


I don't like Bolt Thrower, Carcass and Vader ♥

That made my day.
post #14475 of 25493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post


That made my day.

I'm dead serious!
The only kind of Death Metal I like is Tech/Prog Death.
Entombed, Cannibal Corpse, Six Feet Under, Morbid Angel, Master, Devourment etc etc are just not for me.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal