or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lets Talk Metal - Page 963

post #14431 of 25544
Quote:
Originally Posted by drez View Post


If the DR is over 6 this time would be good. Hopefully some influence from Steve Wilson might result in a nice 24/96 release. Who am I kidding though.

Already announced that it is going to be released in 24/96, so you are kidding no one!

 

http://stevenwilsonhq.com/sw/mixing-work-for-other-artists-in-2014/

post #14432 of 25544

Looks like I'm gonna see Gorguts next month!
Consider me excited.

post #14433 of 25544

A pretty good live video of Black Crown Initiate live... playing a new song for the first of their set!

 

 


Edited by vaed - 5/14/14 at 9:58pm
post #14434 of 25544

 

This song gives me goosebumps.

post #14435 of 25544
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathzombie View Post
 

 

This song gives me goosebumps.

Decrepit Birth is love ♥
This is my favorite track from Polarity:


And this is my overall favorite :)

The solo is super nuts.


Edited by Tom Yum Goong - 5/15/14 at 10:01am
post #14436 of 25544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

Decrepit Birth is love ♥
This is my favorite track from Polarity:


And this is my overall favorite :)

The solo is super nuts.

Decrepit Birth is a perfect combination of Suffocation and Death

post #14437 of 25544

Just bought Deafheaven's Sunbather on vinyl. What beautiful artwork, and what a beautifully dark album.

post #14438 of 25544
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribestros View Post
 

Just bought Deafheaven's Sunbather on vinyl. What beautiful artwork, and what a beautifully dark album.

Clearly my absolute favorite album of 2013.
I might get to see them live next month :)

The album cover fits perfectly.

post #14439 of 25544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

Clearly my absolute favorite album of 2013.
I might get to see them live next month :)

The album cover fits perfectly.

 

Saw them in 2010 at a small club and I'll be seeing them on the 28th in Dallas. If you like shoegaze concerts, go. It's not really much of a metal show IMO, it's much more of a dreamy shoegaze kinda show. But it's fantastic. Although my barometer for metal shows is Dillinger...then everyone else.

post #14440 of 25544
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribestros View Post
 

 

Saw them in 2010 at a small club and I'll be seeing them on the 28th in Dallas. If you like shoegaze concerts, go. It's not really much of a metal show IMO, it's much more of a dreamy shoegaze kinda show. But it's fantastic. Although my barometer for metal shows is Dillinger...then everyone else.

Oh I'm totally fine with that!
Not much of a mosh/headbang/going nuts-person.
Ugh, I can't really decide what my favorite concert so far was....Alcest, Triptykon, The Devils Blood and BTBAM are pretty high up there.

post #14441 of 25544

New favorite guilty pleasure pop metal band: Destiny Potato. It's so cheesy but I don't even care at this point. David Maxim Micic continues to astound me with his production and mixing skill.

 

 

 

That first song sounds exactly like Sithu Aye with vocals.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by krtzer View Post
 

I'd say just start with their most recent one, Fables a of Sleepless Empire and then go backwards from there. Mechanical Phoenix is a personal favorite off that album. I think it's more cohesive than their earlier work, but their earlier music is still good.

 

Alright, will do.

post #14442 of 25544

Hypnotic Dirge is now giving away everything on their bandcamp for free. Not sure if it's temporary or not, but there's some good stuff there. Personally I would recommend Australasia and Frigoris.

 

http://hypnoticdirgerecords.bandcamp.com

post #14443 of 25544
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrocheesium View Post
 

Hypnotic Dirge is now giving away everything on their bandcamp for free. Not sure if it's temporary or not, but there's some good stuff there. Personally I would recommend Australasia and Frigoris.

 

http://hypnoticdirgerecords.bandcamp.com

 

Cool thanks.

post #14444 of 25544
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrocheesium View Post

Hypnotic Dirge is now giving away everything on their bandcamp for free. Not sure if it's temporary or not, but there's some good stuff there. Personally I would recommend Australasia and Frigoris.

http://hypnoticdirgerecords.bandcamp.com

Thanks!

the label is out of Saskatoon....that's interesting to me!
post #14445 of 25544
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrocheesium View Post
 

New favorite guilty pleasure pop metal band: Destiny Potato. It's so cheesy but I don't even care at this point. David Maxim Micic continues to astound me with his production and mixing skill.

 

 

 

That first song sounds exactly like Sithu Aye with vocals.

 

 

Thanks for that, definitely digging the sound

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal