Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lets Talk Metal - Page 890

post #13336 of 15390
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepitsimple View Post
 

Step back in time and join the party

During the era of cassettes I had a few, I thought were too heavy and I never really played them. If I had them now, I would have played them.

 

- Obituary - Slowly We Rot

- Immolation - Close to A World Below

- Cannibal Corpse - Gallery Of Suicide

post #13337 of 15390

^The obituary is short and sweet and very heavy-those vocals kill

post #13338 of 15390

Impaled-(carcass worship)

Just obtained this and its a keeper

 


Edited by keepitsimple - 2/17/14 at 11:43am
post #13339 of 15390

Are the Obituary vocals love or hate thing? Because I just can't get into them

post #13340 of 15390
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKENEDPLAGUE View Post
 

Are the Obituary vocals love or hate thing? Because I just can't get into them

Can't stand them.

post #13341 of 15390

^Yes its love or hate ^:wink_face:

post #13342 of 15390

Just came across these

http://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/King_of_Asgard/Fi%27mbulvintr/278755/

 


Edited by keepitsimple - 2/17/14 at 1:45pm
post #13343 of 15390
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKENEDPLAGUE View Post

Are the Obituary vocals love or hate thing? Because I just can't get into them

It's obituary! doesn't matter if you love or hate them.....Legendary stuff.

FWIW I like the vocals but they are hardly easy to love, I'll give you that
post #13344 of 15390

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_van_Drunen

Another aquired taste-

I like his work but in small doses

post #13345 of 15390

This is my brothers band.
They are making fun of the whole Hardcore scene and most people don't seem to realize it even though their humor is anything but subtle :P
Oh the Hardcore scene....funny bunch.

post #13346 of 15390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

This is my brothers band.
They are making fun of the whole Hardcore scene and most people don't seem to realize it even though their humor is anything but subtle :P
Oh the Hardcore scene....funny bunch.


Sweet....now you just need to set up a meeting with Kurt Ballou. Maybe they can open for Ken Mode:devil_face:...who had a pretty great album last year....

post #13347 of 15390
Quote:
Originally Posted by markm1 View Post
 


Sweet....now you just need to set up a meeting with Kurt Ballou. Maybe they can open for Ken Mode:devil_face:...who had a pretty great album last year....

Most of the band members don't even like Hardcore...it's just so damn easy to play :D
And no matter how poopy you play and how poopy your lyrics are the people will still hype it like there is no tomorrow.
That is the whole point of this parody.
Looks like they will have some gigs coming up in Portugal and Sweden this year xD
I don't know if this is funny or sad.

post #13348 of 15390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

Most of the band members don't even like Hardcore...it's just so damn easy to play :D
And no matter how poopy you play and how poopy your lyrics are the people will still hype it like there is no tomorrow.
That is the whole point of this parody.
Looks like they will have some gigs coming up in Portugal and Sweden this year xD
I don't know if this is funny or sad.


Hey, don't be dissin' on my harcore man! I luv me some Converge.

post #13349 of 15390
Quote:
Originally Posted by markm1 View Post
 


Hey, don't be dissin' on my harcore man! I luv me some Converge.

Converge is far away from being your normal everyday Hardcore.

post #13350 of 15390
Just watched Out of the black, BM documentary released last year

Not the best of them by far, black metal satanica and until the light were both much better, although they did touch on USBM and the influences of thrash and death on early BM, which was cool
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal