or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lets Talk Metal - Page 882

post #13216 of 25529

The drums in "Amen" sound really weird

post #13217 of 25529
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post
 

http://www.metalstorm.net/events/news_comments.php?news_id=22580

 

We get word that Beyond Creation is finally in the studio again. It has been years waiting.

 

I am waiting..

post #13218 of 25529
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

The new Behemoth album sounds like slightly less evil Marduk mixed with some Keep of Kalessin...please don't punch me :-(

It's good, though!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

I really need to dive into that album. Lookin' forward to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKENEDPLAGUE View Post
 

The drums in "Amen" sound really weird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negakinu View Post
 

 

Don't forget the amazing music video to Blow Your Trumpet Gabriel, and the stylish artwork for the vinyl package. Very inspiring stuff. They finally grew out of their shell and turned PRO. :p

 

 

Still, it's fast as hell in the tempo department. I guess I have to stop analyzing the album and enjoy it for just what it is. Just that their new sound is so different that it makes you wonder what style it actually is? There is a complete classic rock sound in places.

 

 

The beginning of Blow Your Trumpets Gabriel (Trumpets Negakinu, not Trumpet, Trumpets:p)....has the same reverb massive drum as Marduks first song on Wormwood 2009. And I do hear Marduks sound in these guys now more than ever.

 

 

I would describe the record as Black Metal with highly technical Death Metal drums with almost Alice Cooper sounding breaks and cinematic (plus choir) over and under tones. The Death Metal is there only laying very low in only the drum style. IMO.

 

Still the slow classic rock interludes have a small experimental component to em?

 

I guess the great thing is this new sound is natural for em? But not everyone is going to like the new record.:D 

 

It will be interesting to see how the on-line reviews go. So we have these bands who come out with a new record every year just like clock-work, but listening to this makes you realize how important it is for a band to only put out quality not quantity. Averaging 1.8 new songs a year if you add the two other EP songs.


Edited by Redcarmoose - 2/2/14 at 7:49pm
post #13219 of 25529

Decided to pre-order the new Benighted album after listening to the two songs they released, and enjoying Asylum Cave. Not sure if I am entirely happy with the new guitarist vocals added in. They are a good break up in the vocal pace, but I just do not know if I like his vocals over all.

 

post #13220 of 25529
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamefreak054 View Post

Decided to pre-order the new Benighted album after listening to the two songs they released, and enjoying Asylum Cave. Not sure if I am entirely happy with the new guitarist vocals added in. They are a good break up in the vocal pace, but I just do not know if I like his vocals over all.

Never heard of them before, despite being somewhat generic deathcore I quite enjoyed that track, great hook
post #13221 of 25529
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferday View Post


Never heard of them before, despite being somewhat generic deathcore I quite enjoyed that track, great hook

I do not think they are very popular here in the U.S. as they are a French Band. They actually have more death metal elements with an good amount of grindcore influence than they are deathcore. Not to be picky, but people often look down on deathcore.

post #13222 of 25529
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post
 

For anyone here who does not know about the amazing Immortal side project. http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/I/77619

 

 

I purchased this CD the day it came out. I still rate it a 10/10.

 

i totally forgot i had this album, probably haven't listened to it since '06 LOL, after seeing your post i pulled it out for a listen, super enjoyable!  almost like a blackened motorhead to me...i like it when the more traditional BM bands branch out, i'm a bigger fan of darkthrone's newer stuff than their more classic BM (blasphemy, i know) and i've been enjoying the ride with satyricon and enslaved also

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamefreak054 View Post
 

I do not think they are very popular here in the U.S. as they are a French Band. They actually have more death metal elements with an good amount of grindcore influence than they are deathcore. Not to be picky, but people often look down on deathcore.

 

 

i'm unashamed to admit that i love deathcore and metalcore.  they reminded me of job for a cowboy with the pig squeals and super guttural main vocals, or some of the whitechapel stuff.  i still call it deathcore.... :veryevil:  but i will be looking up their stuff!

post #13223 of 25529
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferday View Post
 

 

i totally forgot i had this album, probably haven't listened to it since '06 LOL, after seeing your post i pulled it out for a listen, super enjoyable!  almost like a blackened motorhead to me...i like it when the more traditional BM bands branch out, i'm a bigger fan of darkthrone's newer stuff than their more classic BM (blasphemy, i know) and i've been enjoying the ride with satyricon and enslaved also

 

 

 

 I loved the CD too, but then it's easy to forget as the band is on hold, so they are never in the news or touring. Cheers!:beerchug:

 

Just goes to show that strong classics in this genre age well.

post #13224 of 25529
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferday View Post
 

 

i totally forgot i had this album, probably haven't listened to it since '06 LOL, after seeing your post i pulled it out for a listen, super enjoyable!  almost like a blackened motorhead to me...i like it when the more traditional BM bands branch out, i'm a bigger fan of darkthrone's newer stuff than their more classic BM (blasphemy, i know) and i've been enjoying the ride with satyricon and enslaved also

 

 

i'm unashamed to admit that i love deathcore and metalcore.  they reminded me of job for a cowboy with the pig squeals and super guttural main vocals, or some of the whitechapel stuff.  i still call it deathcore.... :veryevil:  but i will be looking up their stuff!

I still listen to both metalcore and deathcore, but other people seem to really look down on it. Job For A Cowboy is actually more Death Metal than Deathcore as well (other than their EPs). I like them a lot too. Granted the only thing I really listen to in deathcore is Impending Doom and Whitechapel. I respect most of the bands in it, but breakdowns screw with the pacing too much for me.

 

Anyways you might want to check out they Asylum Cave album. I really like Icon as well but some of the albums are a PITA to get over here in the US without buying digital. Here is my favorite benighted song.

 

post #13225 of 25529

Oh I thought you people were talking about these fine chaps :(

post #13226 of 25529
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post
 

 

Did someone say "All Shall Fall"?:)

 

 

The crab walk is untouchable.

post #13227 of 25529
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

Oh I thought you people were talking about these fine chaps :(

 

Great stuff!

post #13228 of 25529
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamefreak054 View Post
 

I do not think they are very popular here in the U.S. as they are a French Band. They actually have more death metal elements with an good amount of grindcore influence than they are deathcore. Not to be picky, but people often look down on deathcore.

Im going to get that cd you recommended.They seem more death/grind than deathcore.im not a massive lover of deathcore but i like whats going on here

post #13229 of 25529
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepitsimple View Post
 

Im going to get that cd you recommended.They seem more death/grind than deathcore.im not a massive lover of deathcore but i like whats going on here

 

i found the above mentioned 'asylum cave' on itunes.  it's damned good!

 

i'm still calling it deathcore but i'm stubborn that way.  the vocals are great and for really brutal tech music, there are some really great hooks.  these guys should be way more popular!

post #13230 of 25529

^ill get it the naughty way :wink_face:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal