Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lets Talk Metal - Page 861

post #12901 of 15382
Quote:
Originally Posted by campj View Post

This photo is pretty exciting:

http://www.metalsucks.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/relapse-magazine-2014-ad.jpg

The flier is sadly missing the words "Obscura" and " Necrophagist". And hopefully the new Horseback is more along the lines of 'The Invisible Mountain' than their more experimental drone releases.

I want Horseback on the lines of 'IMPALE GOLDEN HORN'

post #12902 of 15382
Quote:
Originally Posted by campj View Post

This photo is pretty exciting:

http://www.metalsucks.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/relapse-magazine-2014-ad.jpg

The flier is sadly missing the words "Obscura" and " Necrophagist". And hopefully the new Horseback is more along the lines of 'The Invisible Mountain' than their more experimental drone releases.

 

If you've ever been a musician of any sort, or just have an appreciation for skill, search up some YouTube videos of Obscura's bassist. Mind blowing. The whole band is phenomenal.

post #12903 of 15382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navybsn View Post
 

 

If you've ever been a musician of any sort, or just have an appreciation for skill, search up some YouTube videos of Obscura's bassist. Mind blowing. The whole band is phenomenal.

I like this guy(bassist) too.

 

 

post #12904 of 15382

I never understood fretless bass in metal. If you have a bass player that plays ultra intricate riffs along with both guitarists, all you are left with is a band without an actual bass player. BASS GOES DUM DUM DUM DUMDUM DUM DUM DUM. Not fiddlywiddlyweedlenoodlewankamaroo. :p

post #12905 of 15382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negakinu View Post
 

I never understood fretless bass in metal. If you have a bass player that plays ultra intricate riffs along with both guitarists, all you are left with is a band without an actual bass player. BASS GOES DUM DUM DUM DUMDUM DUM DUM DUM. Not fiddlywiddlyweedlenoodlewankamaroo. :p

Oh I do enjoy myself some fiddlywiddlyweedlenoodlewankamaroo from time to time :|

post #12906 of 15382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negakinu View Post
 

I never understood fretless bass in metal. If you have a bass player that plays ultra intricate riffs along with both guitarists, all you are left with is a band without an actual bass player. BASS GOES DUM DUM DUM DUMDUM DUM DUM DUM. Not fiddlywiddlyweedlenoodlewankamaroo. :p

You are soooo wrong.. I love a good  fiddlywiddlyweedlenoodlewankamaroo in metal. Especially Beyond Creation. 

 

If I have to list of my favorite bands from last three years on the amount of time I spent listening to that bands albums.

 

2011 - Opeth

2012 - Katatonia

2013 - Beyond Creation

post #12907 of 15382
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathzombie View Post

You are soooo wrong.. I love a good  fiddlywiddlyweedlenoodlewankamaroo in metal. Especially Beyond Creation. 

If I have to list of my favorite bands from last three years on the amount of time I spent listening to that bands albums.

2011 - Opeth
2012 - Katatonia
2013 - Beyond Creation

And Soup's told me Obscura's was a better release than that Beyond Creation one....psssfffftt.....

Actually they were both great, but that BC was WOW...
post #12908 of 15382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negakinu View Post

I never understood fretless bass in metal. If you have a bass player that plays ultra intricate riffs along with both guitarists, all you are left with is a band without an actual bass player. BASS GOES DUM DUM DUM DUMDUM DUM DUM DUM. Not fiddlywiddlyweedlenoodlewankamaroo. tongue.gif

Love that avatar!
post #12909 of 15382
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathzombie View Post
 

You are soooo wrong.. I love a good  fiddlywiddlyweedlenoodlewankamaroo in metal. Especially Beyond Creation. 

 

If I have to list of my favorite bands from last three years on the amount of time I spent listening to that bands albums.

 

2011 - Opeth

2012 - Katatonia

2013 - Beyond Creation

 

My brain is too slow for fretless bass. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post


Love that avatar!
 
Shmanks! Thought I'd pimp up the ol' profile a bit to celebrate my return to Head-Fi. :p 

Edited by Negakinu - 1/8/14 at 12:26pm
post #12910 of 15382

Hello fellow metal heads lol, I will keep it short! Well isolated replaceable cabled IEM's for black/death/thrash... Suggestions?! ( I own TF10 SE215 SE535)

post #12911 of 15382

Why bother with re-cabling? With those IEMs I think you're set

post #12912 of 15382

Earsonics SM64
(I feel like a broken tape that is just constantly repeating itself...)
Big step up from the TF10.

Take a look at IjokerIs review in his massive IEM review thread.

post #12913 of 15382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negakinu View Post
 

I never understood fretless bass in metal. If you have a bass player that plays ultra intricate riffs along with both guitarists, all you are left with is a band without an actual bass player. BASS GOES DUM DUM DUM DUMDUM DUM DUM DUM. Not fiddlywiddlyweedlenoodlewankamaroo. :p


I mostly agree with that, although I like a good bass solo from time to time. Playing fretless has nothing to do with fiddlywiddlyweedlenoodlewankamaroo, though. ;) Most of the time it's used for slower stuff.

post #12914 of 15382
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathzombie View Post

I like this guy(bassist) too.






Nice. I had not heard of them before.

As for bass in metal, I say to you sir, what would Metallica have been without Cliff Burton? Or Maiden without Steve Harris? Motörhead minus Lemmy? Rush without Geddy? i shudder to think. The bass is the least respected, least understood instrument in rock and metal.

And yes, I am a bassist.
post #12915 of 15382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navybsn View Post

Nice. I had not heard of them before.

As for bass in metal, I say to you sir, what would Metallica have been without Cliff Burton? Or Maiden without Steve Harris? Motörhead minus Lemmy? Rush without Geddy? i shudder to think. The bass is the least respected, least understood instrument in rock and metal.

And yes, I am a bassist.

And because of the Loudness War, hardly ever even heard.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal