2014 is going to be great!
- 11,220 Posts. Joined 12/2008
- Location: Next To Pandora's Jar
- Select All Posts By This User
2014 is going to be great!
Listening to a lot of my 2013 metal-probably like all of you-randomly on a playlist-metal, all my new music....metal and non metal-just my personal witches brew of 2013 tunes.....I am reminded how fun Darktrhone's Underground Resistance is. It made a few lists, but I'm going to call it my personal "underrated metal album of the year". I suppose it is derivative of the 80's which is kind of the point-but it's a blast listening to the music that really is a celebration of Fenriz and Nocturno Culto's influences-it's been a good year for veteran metal that explores the sound(s) that musicians originally fell in love with whether that was the 80's, the 90's or the 2ks.
My two cents, unlike some popular forms of music, metal tends to appreciate and look to the past as well as the future....
Thank-you for this!
At first I liked it. So I'm listening to the first song and I'm thinking dam this is good. By the third song I'm like"This is a modern day classic" A total 10! Perfect.
Really, they understand wholeheartedly what the genre is about. Love it!
Glad you like it! They're really one of those bands that never received the recognition they deserve.
In the market for a new pair of IEMs. Looking to upgrade from my trusty RE0. Maximum budget $250, preferably less. Who in here has the perfect extreme metal in-ear? ;) Hook me up!
Thinking about going BA, because I only own dynamics and I already have a Headstage Arrow that has great bass boost if needed, because I hear BA has the speed and clarity but not the low end. Ideally I'd like a sturdier, bigger sounding and meatier RE0 without sacrificing it's impressive treble detail and sparkle.
- Hifiman RE400 (love my RE0 so this seems a natural step. Maybe it's more a step sideways then up?)
- JVC HA-FXT90
- Vsonic GR07 Classic Color Edition (only $126 incl. shipping on Ebay, very tempting)
- Vsonic GR07 Bass Edition (price difference (+$50) from GR07 Color worth it? Maybe even the exact same sound? Vsonic is confusing.)
- Vsonic VC1000 (described as a more forgiving BA. Maybe too lean in the mids?)
- Rockit Sounds R-50 (perhaps too lean and bright for most black metal)
- Etymotic ER4S (perhaps too bright)
EDIT: It's a toss up between the RE400 and GR07 Classic Color right now. $126 vs $99
EDIT2: fvk it, getting the Vsonic GR07 Classic Color. :p
EDIT3: purchased. This whole post has been just me thinking to myself. Thanks guys. :p
in the same boat as you tbh, i just havent had the time to make a "recommend me IEMs" thread. I own ath ckn70s atm, but i might get the gr07 BEs
i kinda want a jack of all trades type of IEM lol...for all the genres i listen to (check my profile)
Perfect match IMO.
(IjokerIs review. He knows what he is talking about)