or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lets Talk Metal - Page 843

post #12631 of 25554
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathzombie View Post
 

I have heard these but was never able to spend too much time. Have to revisit them once again.


Definitely revisit those last two. I think the Crippled Children album is one of the most overlooked this year.

post #12632 of 25554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post


Yes, been into em from about 2003 on. Their last album was great. Really no one like them. How many Blackend Death bands do you even see from Austria? They may have smoothed out a little in the last 10 years but have stayed quality and tight. If anything the brutality has given way to some nice melody. They are liked by fans but seem maybe a little underrated for how really good they are?

I think they are underrated, and I actually like the fact that the production is getting better for their recent albums. Plus, their lyrics always give me a nice chuckle. The other blackened death metal band I like is behemoth, but recently I like belphegor''s releases more. 

post #12633 of 25554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danieru View Post

I think they are underrated, and I actually like the fact that the production is getting better for their recent albums. Plus, their lyrics always give me a nice chuckle. The other blackened death metal band I like is behemoth, but recently I like belphegor''s releases more. 

I cringe on what the next Behemoth record is going to sound like with respect to production.

I saw them live and they were awesome.
post #12634 of 25554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post

I cringe on what the next Behemoth record is going to sound like with respect to production.

I saw them live and they were awesome.

I hope at least the LP is good. I LOVED the new track.
post #12635 of 25554
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

I hope at least the LP is good. I LOVED the new track.

MT, me too. Don't get me wrong, I dig Behemoth.

BUT, I find it hard to believe the LP is going ot have a high dynamic master.
post #12636 of 25554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post

MT, me too. Don't get me wrong, I dig Behemoth.

BUT, I find it hard to believe the LP is going ot have a high dynamic master.

They've never done a lot for me, but I really dug Blow Your Trumpets Gabriel.
post #12637 of 25554
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

They've never done a lot for me, but I really dug Blow Your Trumpets Gabriel.

Hmmm...Demigod is quite good!
post #12638 of 25554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danieru View Post

I think they are underrated, and I actually like the fact that the production is getting better for their recent albums. Plus, their lyrics always give me a nice chuckle. The other blackened death metal band I like is behemoth, but recently I like belphegor''s releases more. 


Yep! I do too, that's what I am stating with underrated. I have purchased Behemoths CDs for the last 10 years too. I listen to em and am still waiting to find what ever everyone finds in em? Amazingly you have a crazy band like Belphegor becoming more easy to get into, yet Behemoth gets the limelight?

Even my brother, who doesn't even completely understand extreme metal, likes Behemoth?Still I really want to like em more so I play the last three albums every year a couple times.


Strangely I put Behemoth above Nile now on my list of favorite bands, even though they both are way down on that mental list. I have seen both bands live too. I guess I'm just sick of Niles sound.


We maybe should see a new album from Belphegor. You know it will sound perfect, have sick azz bass musicianship, be slower and more groovy in an original way, than Behemoth. Still look at the new Behemoth? It has slowed down too. The only band which is fast as ever from the old days is Marduk! Lol [ not counting Marduk's Wormwood ]
Edited by Redcarmoose - 12/23/13 at 4:50pm
post #12639 of 25554

Merry Christmas Phuckers

 

post #12640 of 25554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post


Yep! I do too, that's what I am stating with underrated. I have purchased Behemoths CDs for the last 10 years too. I listen to em and am still waiting to find what ever everyone finds in em? Amazingly you have a crazy band like Belphegor becoming more easy to get into, yet Behemoth gets the limelight?

Even my brother, who doesn't even completely understand extreme metal, likes Behemoth?Still I really want to like em more so I play the last three albums every year a couple times.


Strangely I put Behemoth above Nile now on my list of favorite bands, even though they both are way down on that mental list. I have seen both bands live too. I guess I'm just sick of Niles sound.


We maybe should see a new album from Belphegor. You know it will sound perfect, have sick azz bass musicianship, be slower and more groovy in an original way, than Behemoth. Still look at the new Behemoth? It has slowed down too. The only band which is fast as ever from the old days is Marduk! Lol [ not counting Marduk's Wormwood ]

I've never checked out Marduk, but I'll give em a shot. I always hear people saying that Marduk only sounds good on the albums but not live, in any case I'll find out for myself. 

post #12641 of 25554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post
 

Merry (Satanic) Christmas Phuckers

 

post #12642 of 25554

 

Slower than their last full length and slower than their last EP, but oh so good!

 

Panzer Division is many a metal heads favorite,this is mine! They are really the early fathers of extreme metal.

 

Live Output:

Live DVD Funeral Marches And Warsongs 2003, over 22 live songs and two video tracks. The essential DVD for anyone into Marduk.

 

Infernal Eternal is the best live album from 2000. They were on-top of their game for the recording.

1997s Live In Germania suffers from low recording quality.

I don't think Warchau from 2006 sounds that good for a live album either, though many like it.

 Blackcrowned is a box set with a VHS tape and two CDs or two vinyl picture-disks in addition to the video made into a DVD single disk a couple years later. Blackcrowned is really only for the completest collector as the cover songs and rarities are cool and early videos are nice but not essential.

 

Studio Output:

Dark Endless (1992)............ great to hear 1992 Black Metal!

Those of the Unlight (1993).............. essential stuff.

Opus Nocturne (1994).................really really cool!

Heaven Shall Burn... When We Are Gathered (1996)......... Have not played it in awhile so ??

Nightwing (1998).............. Many think this is really their best but Panzer gets more profile in the community.

Panzer Division Marduk (1999)...............Their fastest album

La Grande Danse Macabre (2001)......Their least accessible, starting to increase their recording quality for once.

World Funeral (2003).........Not really that good.IMO

Plague Angel (2004)..........The big complete change-up in sound. Both fresh and experimental. New member Mortuus on vocals too! This is looked at as a new era starting for the band.

Rom 5:12 (2007)......... A further example of the new sound. Recorded wonderfully along with the same sonics as Plague Angel's sound.

Wormwood (2009).......... My modern day favorite. Amazing bass work that you can hear. This is the most creative and experimental (almost Psychedelic) sound for the band.

Serpent Sermon (2012)......yep!


Edited by Redcarmoose - 12/24/13 at 12:05am
post #12643 of 25554



 



1992!


Edited by Redcarmoose - 12/23/13 at 8:25pm
post #12644 of 25554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post


Yep! I do too, that's what I am stating with underrated. I have purchased Behemoths CDs for the last 10 years too. I listen to em and am still waiting to find what ever everyone finds in em? Amazingly you have a crazy band like Belphegor becoming more easy to get into, yet Behemoth gets the limelight?

Even my brother, who doesn't even completely understand extreme metal, likes Behemoth?Still I really want to like em more so I play the last three albums every year a couple times.


Strangely I put Behemoth above Nile now on my list of favorite bands, even though they both are way down on that mental list. I have seen both bands live too. I guess I'm just sick of Niles sound.


We maybe should see a new album from Belphegor. You know it will sound perfect, have sick azz bass musicianship, be slower and more groovy in an original way, than Behemoth. Still look at the new Behemoth? It has slowed down too. The only band which is fast as ever from the old days is Marduk! Lol [ not counting Marduk's Wormwood ]


I started listening to some DM around 2006-7. After Opeth and some melodeth, I decided to take a stab at something more intense. And it was Nile and Behemoth. I remember like it was yesterday. I picked up Apostacy and Demigod and Ithyphalic and In Their Darkened Shrines.

 

Something about Behemoth's sound I like more than Nile. Maybe because I like more BM overall and I clicked with the blackened DM thing. I do remember reading the liner notes/lyrics and thinking-this dude takes himself a little to seriously. But, those are still two of my favorite DM albums.

post #12645 of 25554
Quote:
Originally Posted by markm1 View Post
 


I started listening to some DM around 2006-7. After Opeth and some melodeth, I decided to take a stab at something more intense. And it was Nile and Behemoth. I remember like it was yesterday. I picked up Apostacy and Demigod and Ithyphalic and In Their Darkened Shrines.

 

Something about Behemoth's sound I like more than Nile. Maybe because I like more BM overall and I clicked with the blackened DM thing. I do remember reading the liner notes/lyrics and thinking-this dude takes himself a little to seriously. But, those are still two of my favorite DM albums.

Ya, I think they really come from two distinctly different directions. Nile always just being an Egypt sytle death-metal band with big cinematic presence. Where Behemoth was an intense polish BM band that turned Death/Black. So they have always had a different underlying base.

 

Nile being multi-instrumental right out of the gate as I remember, where Behemoth was simple BM then adding more creative instrumentation as they progressed on.

 

If you could even say this? I look at Nile as guitar-centric and Behemoth as drum-centric. IMO, Behemoths drums are front and center with the vocals. Also Behemoths drums may be a little better in the end. Maybe?

 

I hate to say this but Nile may be a one trick pony where Behemoth is more complex. Behemoth will grow and expand maybe into another sound where Nile may just fall back? This is a lot to say, but still, I kind of see it now?

 

 

  VS

 

All this and Behemoth has had recording difficulties, health difficulties and has not put out an album since 2009, where Nile's was out just last year!

 

 

Seriously though?

 

Who looks more professional?

 

OR

 

 

I know......not fair, but still?


Edited by Redcarmoose - 12/23/13 at 9:18pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal