Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lets Talk Metal - Page 801

post #12001 of 16164
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post


I don't dislike a single In Flames album, some less than others, but they're all good.

I actually love Come Clarity. I know it gets a ton of hate, but I LOVE it. Dead End is wonderful, to name one song.

Similarly I like Reroute to Remain and Frail Words Collapse(As I Lay Dying).. These albums brought me back to metal and I will be forever grateful for that.

post #12002 of 16164

 

 

Anyone???

post #12003 of 16164
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathzombie View Post
 

 

 

Anyone???


I'll have to check em out. Never knew of them?:D They look like they r right down my alley. The vocals remind me of someone? Maybe Morbid Angel I'll figure it out in awhile?

 

 

EDIT:

THX, Right down my alley.


Vocals remind me of Asphyx.


Edited by Redcarmoose - 11/15/13 at 12:10am
post #12004 of 16164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post
 


I'll have to check em out. Never knew of them?:D They look like they r right down my alley. The vocals remind me of someone? Maybe Morbid Angel I'll figure it out in awhile?

 

 

EDIT:

THX, Right down my alley.


Vocals remind me of Asphyx.

Vocals reminded me of John Tardy as well..

post #12005 of 16164
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathzombie View Post
 

 

 

Anyone???

Have they released anything off of that album yet?

post #12006 of 16164

Pestilence, eh? I'd take a guess it's not much like Spheres? I think they've said they wanted to distance themselves at least some from tat album. Kinda shame because I quite liked it and as with Cynic's Focus I like it the way it is, but I'd like to hear the tracks not sounding like a kinda cheap/garage'y Thrash/Death Metal production. With such jazzy/fusion'y music it doesn't work THAT well...


Edited by Accoun - 11/15/13 at 9:55am
post #12007 of 16164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accoun View Post
 

Pestilence, eh? I'd take a guess it's not much like Spheres? I think they've said they wanted to distance themselves at least some from tat album. Kinda shame because I quite liked it and as with Cynic's Focus I like it the way it is, but I'd like to hear the tracks not sounding like a kinda cheap/garage'y Thrash/Death Metal production. With such jazzy/fusion'y music it doesn't work THAT well...

Its does not sound like Spheres or Focus. Its a standard Tech/Death Album with Old School vibes. Quite good actually.

post #12008 of 16164
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathzombie View Post
 

 

 

Anyone???

The music is great, but the vocals are killing it for me.
No thanks.


This is far more enjoyable IMO :3

post #12009 of 16164

BRAVO Dave and Trogdor.. Way to go!!! Our very own Head-fi celebrity.

 

http://www.angrymetalguy.com/angry-metal-fi-an-even-angrier-metal-guy/

 


Edited by wrathzombie - 11/16/13 at 6:55am
post #12010 of 16164
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7S Cameron View Post

MDM and Metalcore, sometimes with some progressive are definitely my favorite genres. I love the At the Gates album, it's ******* amazing. Dark Tranquility doesn't really do it for me. The song Shadow Duet blows my mind, but the rest of their stuff is just alright. I just don't find the vocals to be very emotional or engaging. The End of Heartache is definitely my favorite Killswitch album, it's fantastic. I'm liking their new album with the old singer as well. Amon Amarth is a band I haven't given much of a chance, so I'll see if I like what I hear. Thanks for all the suggestions smily_headphones1.gif

Never seen Killswitch categorized as Melodic DM before, but I can see the connection. When I think MDM I think Gothenburg sound bands like At the Gates and In Flames. Under A Serpent Sun is a killer song.

In Flames is one of those bands I go back and forth on. I liked Reroute to Remain, but that is where I draw line. Saw them on that tour and they killed it live. Jester Race is probably their best whole album.

If you like MDM, you may like Nevermore. A little different style wise, but not a big leap. Try Politics of Ecstasy.
post #12011 of 16164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navybsn View Post


Never seen Killswitch categorized as Melodic DM before, but I can see the connection. When I think MDM I think Gothenburg sound bands like At the Gates and In Flames. Under A Serpent Sun is a killer song.

In Flames is one of those bands I go back and forth on. I liked Reroute to Remain, but that is where I draw line. Saw them on that tour and they killed it live. Jester Race is probably their best whole album.

If you like MDM, you may like Nevermore. A little different style wise, but not a big leap. Try Politics of Ecstasy.

I'm sorry, you misunderstood me. Killswitch Engage is definitely a metalcore band, I was just saying that I like MDM. Personally, I like Sanctuary a lot better than Nevermore. The song Dreaming Neon Black is one of my favorites of all time, but that's about it. I haven't listened to their entire collection though.

post #12012 of 16164

What about the new Deicide? 

post #12013 of 16164
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathzombie View Post

BRAVO Dave.. Way to go!!! Our very own Head-fi celebrity.

http://www.angrymetalguy.com/angry-metal-fi-an-even-angrier-metal-guy/



LOL, Dave and I are very happy to contribute to AMG now.

Dave's article will be next (we haz plans!).
post #12014 of 16164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphexbug View Post
 

What about the new Deicide? 

Ya, they just get better and better. Stench Of Redemption showed us that they were getting it together for another era of great fast Death. The new album will be fantastic. They put out vinyl too.I have a clear green vinyl of Till Death Do Us Part.

 

The only thing that they have put out that was marginal was the Stench of Redemption Live DVD. For what ever reason they didn't have their live line-up down during the tour. They are insane now though, unstoppable. In many ways they are the originators of Death metal, they were one of the first bands. They took Slayer intensity in the 80s to a level up one notch.

 

 

What else do you want, great sound quality and wold class talent. Plus they are really the most evil too.:evil: That helps!!

 

 

 

 

The most intense 38 minutes I've ever heard. Period. Stench was released in black vinyl too.

 

 

 

Great!! There is nothing like a messy divorce to inspire you to write and sing metal.:D 


Edited by Redcarmoose - 11/16/13 at 6:14am
post #12015 of 16164

New Autumn for Crippled Children album!!

 

 

http://anautumnforcrippledchildren.bandcamp.com/album/try-not-to-destroy-everything-you-love

Another one of my most anticipated releases this year.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal