Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lets Talk Metal - Page 797

post #11941 of 16557

You guys might like this dark ambient. Apparently it's a side project from some of the members of Alkahest.

Sea Hive

 

http://seahive.bandcamp.com/album/lunar-grain


Edited by macrocheesium - 11/5/13 at 12:34pm
post #11942 of 16557

That might be up my alley. I'll check that out.

 

Thanks

post #11943 of 16557

Guys,

 

I need something similar to Horseback - Impale Golden Horn.

 

The link, is for their Impale Golden Horn + Forbidden Planet album. I am  looking for something which sounds like Impale Golden Horn only.

 

Its kind of Shoegazy + Ambient. Imagine Jesu doing a split with My Bloody Valentine.

post #11944 of 16557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origin89 View Post

That might be up my alley. I'll check that out.

Thanks

This.
post #11945 of 16557

This album will end up on my Top 10 of Prog Power Metal of 2013, no question!!

 

post #11946 of 16557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peti View Post

This album will end up on my Top 10 of Prog Power Metal of 2013, no question!!



No one here has mentioned Ayreon's Theory of Everything record. I have not had chance to hear it, any first impression guys?
post #11947 of 16557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post

No one here has mentioned Ayreon's Theory of Everything record. I have not had chance to hear it, any first impression guys?


I heard a lot of great things about it!
I'm not that much of a power metal person though. To me, Blind Guardian is the pinnacle of Power Metal :-)
post #11948 of 16557

The Human Equation is one of my favorite albums, but everything else by Ayreon is mostly forgettable for me. I started listening to the Theory of Everything the other day but got bored... The vocals and melodies were good, though. And Tommy did a great job, as usual.

 

There's a guy in one of my classes who's probably about 60 years old. He came in today wearing a Blind Guardian shirt. I was impressed.

post #11949 of 16557

What T-Shirts do you have? These are a few of which I have

 

 

 

post #11950 of 16557

Oh my...a lot.

Two Moonsorrow
Animals As leaders
Two BTBAM
The Devils Blood
Alcest
Cynic
Iron maiden
Opeth
Decrepit Birth
Emperor
Korpiiklani
Devin Townsend
and a few more I can't remember right now.

post #11951 of 16557
THAT AMON AMARTH HAMMER SHIRT OH MY GOD.
post #11952 of 16557
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathzombie View Post
 

What T-Shirts do you have? These are a few of which I have

 


Opeth

Barren Earth

Altar of Plagues

Katatonia

The Faceless

Ana Kefr

I've been after a particular Swallow the Sun shirt for about a year now. Not giving up.

 

And probably more that I can't remember right now. I wear the Faceless shirt at every possible opportunity. :D

 

post #11953 of 16557
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrocheesium View Post
 


Opeth

Barren Earth

Altar of Plagues

Katatonia

The Faceless

Ana Kefr

I've been after a particular Swallow the Sun shirt for about a year now. Not giving up.

 

And probably more that I can't remember right now. I wear the Faceless shirt at every possible opportunity. :D

 

I had the same one, but then it tore :(

post #11954 of 16557
Odd ball question Does anyone own an AK120 DAP?
post #11955 of 16557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post

Odd ball question Does anyone own an AK120 DAP?

Way too expensive (for me).


Man, I love this band!
No idea how I stumbled upon them, but I thank whatever deity arranged it.

https://soundcloud.com/stereogum/vaura-incomplete-burning

It's some kind of Post Black Prog Experimental Rock Metal Whatever with really cool clean vocals.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal