Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lets Talk Metal - Page 785

post #11761 of 17274
Nokturnal Mortem does not sing about nor really outwardly advertise their NSBM inclining. Their personal beliefs I don't care about.

So go right ahead with Mortem, its no big deal.

Other bands like Peste Noire and Fanisk, that's a different story.
post #11762 of 17274
http://www2.cookcountysheriff.org/search2/details.asp?jailnumber=2013-1005183

Blake Judd finally arrested.
post #11763 of 17274
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

http://www2.cookcountysheriff.org/search2/details.asp?jailnumber=2013-1005183

Blake Judd finally arrested.

 

Can you fill in the clueless...me

:blink:

 

He's the dude from Nachtmystium right? What's the charge....curious.

post #11764 of 17274

He's been stealing from fans and friends for years. Promising things from test pressings to stuff as simple as tshirts. Thousands of dollars worth of scams. They're quite documented on various forums.

 

And yes, it's the dude from Nachtmystium.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by markm1 View Post
 

 

Can you fill in the clueless...me

:blink:

 

He's the dude from Nachtmystium right? What's the charge....curious.

post #11765 of 17274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origin89 View Post
 

I guess it's just how far you want to take the hatred. If you can hate on a religion then why is it such a big step to hate on a race? I don't do either, I'm just saying - hate is hate. I think there comes a point when any type of hatred is intolerable because it all stems from ignorance.

 

Agree 100%.

 

I'm with keepitsimple, for me it's about the music. I don't think it's good to harbor extreme hatred, but I also don't think listening to music that does makes you any worse of a person. I don't agree with half the lyrics I listen to. When you start thinking it's OK to hate some things but not others... well somehow that seems worse.

post #11766 of 17274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post

Nokturnal Mortem does not sing about nor really outwardly advertise their NSBM inclining. Their personal beliefs I don't care about.

So go right ahead with Mortem, its no big deal.

Other bands like Peste Noire and Fanisk, that's a different story.

 

peste noire?  they actually have a somewhat unique take on nationalism, IMO....slightly less narrow minded (as i understand it from interviews etc.).  i don't know fanisk at all

post #11767 of 17274
To me, NSBM and your typical "all christians etc are dumb blabla" Black Metal is just not the same.
It is one thing to sing about Jesus being a stupid whatever, but something completely different to glorify the killing of millions of innocent humans in disgusting songs like Auschwitz Rules.
The music can be as good as it wants to be, but like I said, even knowing what these people might be singing about there, just kills it for me. No chance that I will listen to things like this.
And when it comes to bands that play "normal" Metal without any questionable lyrics, but have members who clearly sympathize with Nazis etc, I will stay away from this band too. Who knows what this person might do with the money he got from the CD I purchased?

And if bands want to spread their disgusting ideologies through their music...that is just the worst.

Call me overly political correct, but I can't stand sh*t like this.
post #11768 of 17274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

To me, NSBM and your typical "all christians etc are dumb blabla" Black Metal is just not the same.
It is one thing to sing about Jesus being a stupid whatever, but something completely different to glorify the killing of millions of innocent humans in disgusting songs like Auschwitz Rules.
The music can be as good as it wants to be, but like I said, even knowing what these people might be singing about there, just kills it for me. No chance that I will listen to things like this.
And when it comes to bands that play "normal" Metal without any questionable lyrics, but have members who clearly sympathize with Nazis etc, I will stay away from this band too. Who knows what this person might do with the money he got from the CD I purchased?

And if bands want to spread their disgusting ideologies through their music...that is just the worst.

Call me overly political correct, but I can't stand sh*t like this.

 

I guess what I was trying to express was the difference between large organizations/corporations/entities/social structures vs. individuals.

 

So some abstract notion about Satanism doesn't bother me-I don't self identify with any religion and frankly if you're touchy about anti Christian sentiment....then you probably don't want to listen to Black Metal!

 

Or feelings of misanthropy-or even fantasies of annihilating the human race-just feel like a fantasy. But when you focus your anger at a group-the anti Semitism of some strains of European nationalism would be the obvious one to me...but it could be any immigrant group that cause conflict in Europe or immigrant groups in the U.S. ...or good old fashion American racism.....then it just feels different to me.

 

So, go ahead....rage against the machine....but if you start talking about go back to Africa or we don't like people that speak Spanish, or the holocaust never happened etc.then I'm not going to listen to your music.

 

I like what Recarmoose about brotherhood and being in something together. Makes me think of a lyric from  one of my favorite albums last year-Kreator-Phantom Antichrist. So there are photos of horns and goats. There's songs like United in Hate, Death to the World and Civilization Collapse....but they don't seem to target any group. On one song, From Flood Into Fire, the chorus says: Let us be part of the cure, not part of the plague. We'll only be remembered for what we Create.

 

So amid the anti Christian iconography and nihilism there's a sense of some kind of obligation to make things better on this planet which in the end I believe is kind of the point of being alive.

 

Just my rambling thoughts.

post #11769 of 17274
Quote:
Originally Posted by markm1 View Post
 

 

So amid the anti Christian iconography and nihilism there's a sense of some kind of obligation to make things better on this planet which in the end I believe is kind of the point of being alive.

 

Yet the entire idea behind that improvement is purging the human race from the planet. Some paradox. :P

post #11770 of 17274
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrocheesium View Post
 

 

Yet the entire idea behind that improvement is purging the human race from the planet. Some paradox. :P

 

Agreed-but at least their not writing about exterminating immigrants or such white supremacist non sense. Purge the human race except for everyone united with metal.

post #11771 of 17274
Quote:
Originally Posted by markm1 View Post
 

 

Agreed-but at least their not writing about exterminating immigrants or such white supremacist non sense. Purge the human race except for everyone united with metal.

That sounds like Manowar.

post #11772 of 17274
Quote:
Originally Posted by markm1 View Post
 

 

Agreed-but at least their not writing about exterminating immigrants or such white supremacist non sense. Purge the human race except for everyone united with metal.

 

 

Hahaha

post #11773 of 17274

@Redcarmoose

 

I have just been informed by Harri Pikka in email, that Total Devastation - Satama album is available for download on Bandcamp finally. After more than a year. I don't know if anyone is still interested

 

http://stabbingrecords.bandcamp.com/album/total-devastation-satama

 

post #11774 of 17274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

That sounds like Manowar.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origin89 View Post
 

 

 

Hahaha

 

I knew it sounded cheesy. Good think I don't write lyrics. I'll keep my day job.

post #11775 of 17274
I am so enjoying the new gorguts album, this is making my year list for sure!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal