Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lets Talk Metal - Page 748

post #11206 of 16807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboturner913 View Post


So true.

 

At my first job right out of college, me and another guy (who would eventually become a really good friend) were hired about the same time. He had hair down to his shoulders and an earring. I was clean-cut. Office environment.

 

He was the better worker, tried harder, more efficient, everything. And I was kind of a trainwreck. Didn't matter. He got drug tested 4 times in the first year. I never did. He eventually complained to HR about it and they backed him, but he ended up cutting the hair anyway and said people started treating him a lot differently after that.

 

Hairism? Social injustice. Something must be done.

post #11207 of 16807
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKENEDPLAGUE View Post




Who else has a hard time opening records? Half of these are still sealed, one of which being from '73.

My ONLY unopened record is my 7" of See Emily Play from RSD this year.

Most of mine get opened in the car on the way home from the record store!
post #11208 of 16807
Quote:
Originally Posted by markm1 View Post

 

Hairism? Social injustice. Someone must be sue'd

there you go pal, fixed that right up for ya :3

post #11209 of 16807
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post


My ONLY unopened record is my 7" of See Emily Play from RSD this year.

Most of mine get opened in the car on the way home from the record store!

 

i don't share your love of vinyl but damn i share your enthusiasm for new records!

 

 

i've been back on an old school collection-hole-filling kick lately by completing my motorhead, van halen and judas priest discographies...i actually was forced to get some of it on physical media LOL

post #11210 of 16807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

Time for some really mean music.

http://anthropicrecords.bandcamp.com/album/hivelords-cavern-apothecary

 

love hivelords!  but mean...?

 

this is mean

 

http://candlelightrecordsusa.bandcamp.com/album/pervertor

post #11211 of 16807
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferday View Post

i don't share your love of vinyl but damn i share your enthusiasm for new records!


i've been back on an old school collection-hole-filling kick lately by completing my motorhead, van halen and judas priest discographies...i actually was forced to get some of it on physical media LOL

I bought 5 CDs today and opened them all immediately in the car. Same with my records. smily_headphones1.gif

Don't buy 'em if you ain't playin' 'em.

Plus with as much modern vinyl being pressed off center, warped, or defective as there is...I'd be uncomfortable not knowing I got a good record.
post #11212 of 16807

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but Obituary is crowd funding their next album through kickstarter. Just over two weeks left to donate for the cause.


Edited by Sir Tmotts III - 8/30/13 at 10:16pm
post #11213 of 16807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Tmotts III View Post

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but Obituary is crowd funding their next album through kickstarter. Just over two weeks left to donate for the cause.

I can't believe we missed this. Thanks III.
post #11214 of 16807

Aaaaaaaaaand more good CDs. Buying CDs again is weird.

 

post #11215 of 16807
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

Aaaaaaaaaand more good CDs. Buying CDs again is weird.

 

 

Nice!

post #11216 of 16807


Caladan Brood's Echos of Battle die hard edition FTW!
post #11217 of 16807

 

My personal song of the day.

post #11218 of 16807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post




My personal song of the day.

Lol

Nice
post #11219 of 16807
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferday View Post


Lol

Nice

Yes, it is something unexpected from em.

post #11220 of 16807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post

Yes, it is something unexpected from em.

This is stupid, but...

The other night my buddy was over and we were drunk at 1am listening to Watain, gorgoroth and beherit. Suddenly there was a crazy screaming noise and all the lights flickered then shut off. After about 30 seconds the noise was gone and the lights came on. No idea what it all was but all we could talk about was the odd coincidence of sworn to the dark just starting when it all went down
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal