Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lets Talk Metal - Page 745

post #11161 of 16094

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 100

post #11162 of 16094

Time for some really mean music.

http://anthropicrecords.bandcamp.com/album/hivelords-cavern-apothecary

post #11163 of 16094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post


'

Never heard of it.

 

Haha, read that too. Another solid review. I check y'all's site, along with angrymetalguy and metal-archives, pretty regularly when I'm looking for some input on some output. 

 

I'd really like to see you do a review on Imperium Dekadenz's new album. The atmospheres are so massive and beautiful. 


Edited by Origin89 - 8/29/13 at 11:14am
post #11164 of 16094

 

So good. So happy to own this guy on vinyl now.

 

In other news...I ordered Blood Mountain 45s yesterday. :D

post #11165 of 16094
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

 

So good. So happy to own this guy on vinyl now.

 

In other news...I ordered Blood Mountain 45s yesterday. :D

 

 

Im gonna have so much stuff waiting for me in at home when I finally leave this godforsaken state called texas in a month...Those Gojira LPs among the pile

post #11166 of 16094
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva View Post


Im gonna have so much stuff waiting for me in at home when I finally leave this godforsaken state called texas in a month...Those Gojira LPs among the pile

Texas is pretty awful...where in Texas? If you're close you should hang out. Lol
post #11167 of 16094
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post


Texas is pretty awful...where in Texas? If you're close you should hang out. Lol


Im in San Angelo doing some training before I head to Korea...this is a long weekend though....

post #11168 of 16094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post

There really are some records from last year that are so dam good that they resurface, just because they haven't been played enough. This makes up for those few bands that promised us records this year but didn't put out.......ala...Vader and Behemoths.

 

Even a couple years ago... Moonsorrow's last album is incredible. I had it sitting in my library since it came out, and I just decided to jam it. Truly an amazing band.


Edited by Origin89 - 8/29/13 at 6:16pm
post #11169 of 16094

beerchug.gif
 

post #11170 of 16094
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrocheesium View Post


Depends on how much you like prog. Deconstruction is my favorite, but it's insanity from start to finish. Same with Synchestra. Addicted and Terria are both easier listens.

 

Where you guys talking about this song? I found my Dt 880s to actually be very nice with Metal! Out of solid state, they are insanely quick natured with mids, a very clear delivery with lighting fast shifts, and enough clarity to really transmit the little bit's of warmth in those guitars! 

 

Although I'll admit I'm not a fan of vocals, I prefer my metal instrumental... although that said, I did enjoy the sound of this guys voice lol, it,,, was kinda comical, then serious ect.. ect... but a nice song  not entirely insane as you made it sound! 

 

still I'd rather just enjoy the on slaught of Guitars and Drums! Then attempt to figure out what the lyrics are 

 

anything just as hectic but without the lyrics :3 


Edited by Mshenay - 8/29/13 at 6:59pm
post #11171 of 16094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

 

 

Where you guys talking about this song? I found my Dt 880s to actually be very nice with Metal! Out of solid state, they are insanely quick natured with mids, a very clear delivery with lighting fast shifts, and enough clarity to really transmit the little bit's of warmth in those guitars! 

 

Although I'll admit I'm not a fan of vocals, I prefer my metal instrumental... although that said, I did enjoy the sound of this guys voice lol, it,,, was kinda comical, then serious ect.. ect... but a nice song  not entirely insane as you made it sound! 

 

still I'd rather just enjoy the on slaught of Guitars and Drums! Then attempt to figure out what the lyrics are 

 

anything just as hectic but without the lyrics :3 


I meant the entire album actually, not just the title track. But how could you possibly describe it as anything other than entirely insane? (In a good way)

post #11172 of 16094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post

beerchug.gif
 

 

Speaking of Moonsorrow. I'm feeling nostalgic.

 

One of my favorite folk-metal songs of all time. It's so massively epic I can hardly bare it:

 

 

This was the only video where I could find the song in full.

post #11173 of 16094
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrocheesium View Post


I meant the entire album actually, not just the title track. But how could you possibly describe it as anything other than entirely insane? (In a good way)

... good point [it was insane I suppose [in a good way] I don't know I guess... I mean... 

 

 

I used to be a bassist so... Les Claypool is about the top of my insane list, seeing as trying to even grasp what a guitarist it doing is well... I don't even try xD. Still a shame that's SUCH a horrid quality video... I bet I can find a better version of that show some where 

post #11174 of 16094

I know someone mentioned The Ocean not long ago, but I don't think it was in regards to the latest release:

 

 

I was listening to their back catalog today and starting reading up on them when I learned they had a new album this year...I've been living under a rock or something.  Not bad so far...

post #11175 of 16094

 

Happy or Sad or Both ??

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal