Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lets Talk Metal - Page 730

post #10936 of 16183
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKENEDPLAGUE View Post

Hi-Fi death/doom from Nashville. I say hi-fi because the album Despond is a DR9 on the Dynamic Range scale

 

 

loss was my introduction into "funeral doom"-it's really good. Quite beautiful in places.

 

I also would recommend:

 


Edited by markm1 - 8/17/13 at 3:36pm
post #10937 of 16183
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrocheesium View Post

^Nice, Bleeding is one of my favorite classics.

 

Great album. I think they're all great really. 

post #10938 of 16183

So Sleepers Awake was amazing live tonight, they finished their set playing Blood and Thunder by Mastodon too...good stuff

post #10939 of 16183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origin89 View Post

 

Great album. I think they're all great really. 


I have a hard time getting into Dark Millenium and Mosquito, but the other 3 for sure.

post #10940 of 16183

post #10941 of 16183
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKENEDPLAGUE View Post

Hi-Fi death/doom from Nashville. I say hi-fi because the album Despond is a DR9 on the Dynamic Range scale

 

 

Great album!

post #10942 of 16183
Quote:
Originally Posted by D3Seeker View Post

Looking for help. You see here's the situation....

 

So I'm always looking for more music, and new music.(The guys at FYE see me on a weekly bases, lol) The thing is I am looking for something that will really pull me in. I haven't found anything amazing since Tesseracts Latest album. It happened like this

It all started last year when I was home from school. I remembered reading about this band Wintersun. They had all this praise and controversy considering their situation. Understandable. So I decided I'd pick up their new album which came out recently. Time I. INSTANT LOVE AFFAIR!!!.

 

Them I ran into TesseracT on youtube. Finally picked up their First album One for Christmas. It happened again!

 

I started researching their band to see what was what, found where their vocalist went and found Skyharbor. Again fell in love

Then Fallujiah came out with their Nomadic EP, and I finally picked up Wintersun's first album. 2 more hits.

 

So yeah based of of that crazy mix, might there be any recommendations based off of those that may engulf me yet again in musical bliss.

 

TesseracT changed my life.  Their previous vocalist (Dan Tompkins) is absolutely amazing, also did great work in Skyharbor.  If you haven't heard any of the new TesseracT with new vocalist Ashe O'Hara, you owe it to yourself...listening as I type this beyersmile.png

 

Ashe also does vocals in Voices from the Fuselage, also definitely worth checking out.


Edited by pr0ggy - 8/18/13 at 3:06pm
post #10943 of 16183
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrocheesium View Post


I have a hard time getting into Dark Millenium and Mosquito, but the other 3 for sure.

 

Many don't consider Dark Millenium as part of their core discog... more of a compilation than an album. But Mosquito is definitely one of their more "groovy" albums. I dig the piss out of it. 

post #10944 of 16183
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLueken View Post

 

TesseracT changed my life.  Their previous vocalist (Dan Tompkins) is absolutely amazing, also did great work in Skyharbor.  If you haven't heard any of the new TesseracT with new vocalist Ashe O'Hara, you owe it to yourself...listening as I type this beyersmile.png

 

Ashe also does vocals in Voices from the Fuselage, also definitely worth checking out.

I'm new to TesseracT. After reading some posts on this forum, I've listened to their current release on Rhapsody. I think I'm going to pick it up.  At first I was on the fence. I'm not sure I'd even classify it as metal.....I.e., Mars Volta-but they have a pretty interesting sound. Sometimes the vocals are a bit too much for me. But, I can see the appeal of a hard rock/metal leaning prog group with some-you may hate this-Journey Steve Perryish vocals.

post #10945 of 16183
Quote:
Originally Posted by markm1 View Post

I'm new to TesseracT. After reading some posts on this forum, I've listened to their current release on Rhapsody. I think I'm going to pick it up.  At first I was on the fence. I'm not sure I'd even classify it as metal.....I.e., Mars Volta-but they have a pretty interesting sound. Sometimes the vocals are a bit too much for me. But, I can see the appeal of a hard rock/metal leaning prog group with some-you may hate this-Journey Steve Perryish vocals.

TesseracT is cool. I saw them live (how many of you can say THAT?!) opening up for Devin Townsend.

Truth be told, I have really not heard their latest. Need to do that.
post #10946 of 16183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post



There is a lot of irony in this post coming from you Redcar. That's all I say for now.
post #10947 of 16183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post

TesseracT is cool. I saw them live (how many of you can say THAT?!) opening up for Devin Townsend.

Truth be told, I have really not heard their latest. Need to do that.

First time I saw them was when they were opening for Protest the Hero on a us tour a couple years ago. They were awesome, so I bought their cd biggrin.gif
post #10948 of 16183
Quote:
Originally Posted by markm1 View Post

I'm new to TesseracT. After reading some posts on this forum, I've listened to their current release on Rhapsody. I think I'm going to pick it up.  At first I was on the fence. I'm not sure I'd even classify it as metal.....I.e., Mars Volta-but they have a pretty interesting sound. Sometimes the vocals are a bit too much for me. But, I can see the appeal of a hard rock/metal leaning prog group with some-you may hate this-Journey Steve Perryish vocals.

 

I definitely think that's understandable, Ashe has quite a unique vocal style for the genre.  I absolutely love it, but I know it's not for everyone.  I'll allow the Steve Perry comparison wink.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva View Post


First time I saw them was when they were opening for Protest the Hero on a us tour a couple years ago. They were awesome, so I bought their cd biggrin.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post


TesseracT is cool. I saw them live (how many of you can say THAT?!) opening up for Devin Townsend.

Truth be told, I have really not heard their latest. Need to do that.

 

Beyond jealous, you have no idea...

post #10949 of 16183

https://soundcloud.com/c2aye/august-18th-mixtest

 

This is super neat, Sithu Aye, one of the many djenty style instrumental metal acts out there on bandcamp is realizing the error of his ways when it comes to dynamic range, this should only be encouraged!

post #10950 of 16183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origin89 View Post

 

Many don't consider Dark Millenium as part of their core discog... more of a compilation than an album. But Mosquito is definitely one of their more "groovy" albums. I dig the piss out of it. 


That groovy sound is why I like them as much as I do, but the songs on Mosquito just don't do it for me. Maybe it's just the vocals, which IMO was their weak point on all of their albums. Too bad those guys aren't still recording.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal