Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lets Talk Metal - Page 679

post #10171 of 16814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post


I think we've all talked about this record at least 3 times!

Really? Wasn't around for that, I think :)


33°C (91°F) outside.
What bands would you folks recommend to live through such a day?

Grim and frostbitten tunes like Immortal? :D



Or should I fight fire with fire? (Amon Amarth how I like them)



Or go outside and....yeah you get it.


Edited by Tom Yum Goong - 6/19/13 at 12:20am
post #10172 of 16814
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrocheesium View Post


I wasn't judging your decision, I just thought that was a lot. biggrin.gif

Really. I thought people on this thread listened to way more albums than I did. 

post #10173 of 16814
91F? Baby. We'll hit 95+ for at least the next month. Lol
post #10174 of 16814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

Really? Wasn't around for that, I think :)


33°C (91°F) outside.
What bands would you folks recommend to live through such a day?

Grim and frostbitten tunes like Immortal? :D



Or should I fight fire with fire? (Amon Amarth how I like them)



Or go outside and....yeah you get it.

 

Maybe, 

 

post #10175 of 16814

For fans of noise rock and hardcore w/ metallic tendencies, I think the new Ken Mode is really good. Lumped in w bands like Unsane. I used to shy away from hardcore. I dig it now, even if this is noise rock. Not sure, I can define the difference. But, it's good stuff IMO. Converge was my gateway drug.

 

post #10176 of 16814

 

Somehow, I get a feeling that BDM is a fun loving band. I get the same vibe from Mastodon and Revocation.

post #10177 of 16814
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathzombie View Post

 

Somehow, I get a feeling that BDM is a fun loving band. I get the same vibe from Mastodon and Revocation.

No doubt about that :D

post #10178 of 16814
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathzombie View Post

Somehow, I get a feeling that BDM is a fun loving band. I get the same vibe from Mastodon and Revocation.

Definitely, go read any interview with them lol Trevor is awesome
post #10179 of 16814

I LOVE this track.
Don't ask me why. Maybe it reminds me a lot of Darkspace. I really like Darkspace :3
Also one of the coolest cover artworks I know. Fits perfectly.

post #10180 of 16814

I´m listening to much melo-death recently and really love the style. Insomnium, At the gates,...just great. But I need more and preferably with good sound and a nice DR.

Any recommendations for great melo-death bands with great sound (high DR value)? Old or new, I don´t really care, but I like the sound of older stuff like Terminal Spirit desease or Jester Race.

post #10181 of 16814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazingsonic View Post

I´m listening to much melo-death recently and really love the style. Insomnium, At the gates,...just great. But I need more and preferably with good sound and a nice DR.
Any recommendations for great melo-death bands with great sound (high DR value)? Old or new, I don´t really care, but I like the sound of older stuff like Terminal Spirit desease or Jester Race.

One for Sorrow was one of the worst sounding records I've heard. I literally thought something was wrong with my system when I put it on.

Dave loves AA's With Oden...
Edited by Trogdor - 6/20/13 at 3:45am
post #10182 of 16814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazingsonic View Post

I´m listening to much melo-death recently and really love the style. Insomnium, At the gates,...just great. But I need more and preferably with good sound and a nice DR.

Any recommendations for great melo-death bands with great sound (high DR value)? Old or new, I don´t really care, but I like the sound of older stuff like Terminal Spirit desease or Jester Race.

Hmm it's old and I would call it melo-death.
Pretty cool song. Part 2 is way more melo-ish.
Don't know about the DR, though.

post #10183 of 16814
Quote:
Originally Posted by markm1 View Post

For fans of noise rock and hardcore w/ metallic tendencies, I think the new Ken Mode is really good. Lumped in w bands like Unsane. I used to shy away from hardcore. I dig it now, even if this is noise rock. Not sure, I can define the difference. But, it's good stuff IMO. Converge was my gateway drug.



Yeah, KEN Mode are awesome. Still haven't checked the last album, though.
post #10184 of 16814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

Hmm it's old and I would call it melo-death.
Pretty cool song. Part 2 is way more melo-ish.
Don't know about the DR, though.

 

I love Crimson, it´s one of my favorite albums ever. I have it on vinyl and it sounds great. Do you know anything similar to this with good sound?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post


One for Sorrow was one of the worst sounding records I've heard. I literally thought something was wrong with system when I put it on.

Dave loves AA's With Oden...

 

I have the vinyl of Above the Weeping World and it sounds pretty good, don´t know about One for Sorrow though. With Oden on our Side I just ordered on vinyl and am really excited to hear it!

 

Does anyone have any other recommendations?


Edited by Blazingsonic - 6/20/13 at 2:17am
post #10185 of 16814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazingsonic View Post

 

I love Crimson, it´s one of my favorite albums ever. I have it on vinyl and it sounds great. Do you know anything similar to this with good sound?

 

Does anyone have any other recommendations?

Crimson 2? :|
No srsly I don't think I have anything that is new for you. Old In Flames etc...
Barren Earth maybe?
Quo Vadis?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Lets Talk Metal