- 3,661 Posts. Joined 7/2008
- Location: Florida
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/28/11
Related Forum Threads
- In ear headphone (earbuds) under 120$ Last post on 5/22/15 at 5:20pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Review: Cardas Ear Speakers EM5813 Model 1 Last post on 8/1/15 at 6:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations for IEMs for electronic music (mostly EDM) ~$200 Budget Last post on 5/13/15 at 6:57am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help please Last post on 2/4/15 at 8:21pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Any experience with Dynamic Ear company/Tympro music custom IEM ? - now with frequency graphs Last post on 4/2/15 at 12:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/ Preamble: I was honored to receive an invitation to join in the Delta test of the pre-production Shozy Zero By NLNH around April 16th. I received...
Background: I am not an audiophile, I just like to enjoy music in good quality. This writing is more like a collection of subjective experience and impressions rather than a professional review....
These headphones need to be amped. If you choose to use them without doing so, they will sound weak and lifeless. The complaints I read about seem to me to be with people that haven't synergized...
For my taste are too analitical cans.I try to remove the high frequencies sibiling using several different tips...shure triple compy foam....nothing they remain too harsh for my tasty. I also...
Cavalli Audio will not sell the Liquid Carbon headphone amp anymore, with the second and final run ending a month ago, but I hope the following is useful to those looking to pick one up on the used...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Balanced armature vs dynamic - Page 4
Sounds good , but in my humble opinion with a dynamic earphone i can not only hear bass but I can really feel it! I have and triad many of the top models and the armatures are very clear but no matter hom many little suckers they stuff in there I cant feel the bass.
other way around friend, dynamic drivers dont respond as quick as armatures, this is why most...''most'' expensive IEM's use balanced armatures because they generally give a faster more detailed sound.
i would love a company to release a multiple dynamic driver IEM as it would be brilliant to see how it compares to multi armature phones but for now i think multi armatures are simply a more advanced technology and the use of multiple drivers generally results in lower distortion rates and clearer sound.
if you want to know a bit more about how an armature works then check this out.
Headphones - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
and ofcourse scroll down to driver types.
Sorry, I meant How not hom.
I have two Westones (2 and 3). They are ok but not that clear and bass is ok but nowhere as good as the Future Sonics! IE8 are not as good as the Future Sonics either and the IE8 meds and highs are foggy.
Would you guys say Dynamic drivers have more longevity, less prone to damage caused by moisture, knocking around, than the balanced armature counterparts? I would think so, as Your basic Home stereo equipment is speakers of this type if i am not mistaken, and they are moved, banged, knocked around often enough (i picture a band packing speakers in and out of vans for gigs) and balanced armatures are more sensitive to abuse, and moisture, normal wear and tear...etc...
I am no expert on here, but I m very curious about longevity comparisons between the two, disregarding such things as wire breakage, and possible housing failures, just so far as the speakers themselves are concerned.
I hear the BA's are used in hearing aids, and have a basic shelf life of approx 7 yrs, whereas some people have home speakers for ages beyond that.
I know, I know, I probably WANT my IEM's to die after 3-4 yrs, so I can pick up the latest and greatest of the time period. Just know mine will see some moving shaking, and possible clanking around.
Any opinions will help.
- Balanced armature vs dynamic
- › Bugle Boy, 74 Reflektor, Amperex 6922/6N23P Tubes for Lyr or... 11 seconds ago
- › Metrum Pavane 21 seconds ago
- › Recommendations for new headphones close to $100? 55 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › Shozy Zero: $50 IEMs with real rosewood, taking on the $500 big boys! 3 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Best headphones in terms of sound quality for use with a fiio x or... 5 minutes ago
- › iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality 6 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 6 minutes ago
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Aornic
- › oBravo EAMT-3w Hybrid Dynamic Driver and Heil Air Motion Transducer... by glassmonkey
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › OPPO PM-3 by T Bone
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by TravAndAlex
- › Trinity Delta V2 - Dual Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...