- 3,664 Posts. Joined 7/2008
- Location: Florida
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/28/11
Related Forum Threads
- In ear headphone (earbuds) under 120$ Last post on 5/22/15 at 5:20pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Review: Cardas Ear Speakers EM5813 Model 1 Last post on 8/1/15 at 6:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations for IEMs for electronic music (mostly EDM) ~$200 Budget Last post on 5/13/15 at 6:57am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help please Last post on 2/4/15 at 8:21pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Any experience with Dynamic Ear company/Tympro music custom IEM ? - now with frequency graphs Last post on 4/2/15 at 12:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
These headphones are made for listening to modern extreme genres of loud brickwalled poor-quality metal. They smoothen out spikiness and make drums sound so powerful and quick as if your head was...
Greetings, We all know it's coming, whether we like it or not. The wireless wave is upon us. Pretty much every major earphone manufacturer has a wireless option, and there are countless others...
Balanced armature vs dynamic - Page 4post #46 of 5012/28/09 at 2:20amHmm well each has their advantages; balanced armatures being that they are faster and have less distortion... and can better replicate sounds (depending on stuff obviously). But... ionno; I have BA and DD IEMs and it depends on what you want out of your setup I guess.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #47 of 503/26/11 at 5:46am
Sounds good , but in my humble opinion with a dynamic earphone i can not only hear bass but I can really feel it! I have and triad many of the top models and the armatures are very clear but no matter hom many little suckers they stuff in there I cant feel the bass.
Quote:Originally Posted by jinx20001
other way around friend, dynamic drivers dont respond as quick as armatures, this is why most...''most'' expensive IEM's use balanced armatures because they generally give a faster more detailed sound.
i would love a company to release a multiple dynamic driver IEM as it would be brilliant to see how it compares to multi armature phones but for now i think multi armatures are simply a more advanced technology and the use of multiple drivers generally results in lower distortion rates and clearer sound.
if you want to know a bit more about how an armature works then check this out.
Headphones - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
and ofcourse scroll down to driver types.post #48 of 503/26/11 at 5:47am
Sorry, I meant How not hom.
Quote:post #49 of 503/26/11 at 6:37am
I have two Westones (2 and 3). They are ok but not that clear and bass is ok but nowhere as good as the Future Sonics! IE8 are not as good as the Future Sonics either and the IE8 meds and highs are foggy.
Quote:Originally Posted by Feather225post #50 of 505/18/15 at 9:35am
Would you guys say Dynamic drivers have more longevity, less prone to damage caused by moisture, knocking around, than the balanced armature counterparts? I would think so, as Your basic Home stereo equipment is speakers of this type if i am not mistaken, and they are moved, banged, knocked around often enough (i picture a band packing speakers in and out of vans for gigs) and balanced armatures are more sensitive to abuse, and moisture, normal wear and tear...etc...
I am no expert on here, but I m very curious about longevity comparisons between the two, disregarding such things as wire breakage, and possible housing failures, just so far as the speakers themselves are concerned.
I hear the BA's are used in hearing aids, and have a basic shelf life of approx 7 yrs, whereas some people have home speakers for ages beyond that.
I know, I know, I probably WANT my IEM's to die after 3-4 yrs, so I can pick up the latest and greatest of the time period. Just know mine will see some moving shaking, and possible clanking around.
Any opinions will help.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Balanced armature vs dynamic
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Home-Made IEMs 3 seconds ago
- › iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page... 5 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 47 seconds ago
- › JDS The Element Amp + Dac - UK Plug 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 3 minutes ago
- › Can someone give me incontrovertible, empirical evidence that "burn... 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 minutes ago
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by msturg29
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by msturg29
- › Avantree Clari Air by msturg29
- › Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds Stereo Headphones, Ghostek Silencer... by msturg29
- › 1MORE MK802 Bluetooth Wireless Over-Ear Headphones with Apple iOS... by Hisoundfi
- › Focal Utopia by Currawong
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by Cinder
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear