- 3,661 Posts. Joined 7/2008
- Location: Florida
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/28/11
Related Forum Threads
- In ear headphone (earbuds) under 120$ Last post on 5/22/15 at 5:20pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Review: Cardas Ear Speakers EM5813 Model 1 Last post on 8/1/15 at 6:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations for IEMs for electronic music (mostly EDM) ~$200 Budget Last post on 5/13/15 at 6:57am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help please Last post on 2/4/15 at 8:21pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Any experience with Dynamic Ear company/Tympro music custom IEM ? - now with frequency graphs Last post on 4/2/15 at 12:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This review is the summary section of Yulong DA8II in-depth review here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/779702/yulong-da8ii-in-depth-review Please visit the above thread for more...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction: Aune Audio has been making affordable audiophile products for quite a while now – They have a number of desktop DACs and amplifiers, and recently made an entry into the...
The ATH-CK9LTD’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. I’ve reviewed the ATH-CKR9 and ATH-CKR10 earlier, those reviews are available...
Intro: JDS Labs, Is an American company based in Collinsville, Illinois. They make headphone amplifiers & DAC’s. Mr. John Seaber is the man behind JDS Labs. We might remember JDS Labs when they...
For the price they offer great clarity, but I cannot reccomend these to people who mainly listen to bass heavy music. I still use my UM Pro10's regularly (I also have a pair of Audio Technica...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Balanced armature vs dynamic - Page 4
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Sounds good , but in my humble opinion with a dynamic earphone i can not only hear bass but I can really feel it! I have and triad many of the top models and the armatures are very clear but no matter hom many little suckers they stuff in there I cant feel the bass.
other way around friend, dynamic drivers dont respond as quick as armatures, this is why most...''most'' expensive IEM's use balanced armatures because they generally give a faster more detailed sound.
i would love a company to release a multiple dynamic driver IEM as it would be brilliant to see how it compares to multi armature phones but for now i think multi armatures are simply a more advanced technology and the use of multiple drivers generally results in lower distortion rates and clearer sound.
if you want to know a bit more about how an armature works then check this out.
Headphones - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
and ofcourse scroll down to driver types.
Sorry, I meant How not hom.
I have two Westones (2 and 3). They are ok but not that clear and bass is ok but nowhere as good as the Future Sonics! IE8 are not as good as the Future Sonics either and the IE8 meds and highs are foggy.
Would you guys say Dynamic drivers have more longevity, less prone to damage caused by moisture, knocking around, than the balanced armature counterparts? I would think so, as Your basic Home stereo equipment is speakers of this type if i am not mistaken, and they are moved, banged, knocked around often enough (i picture a band packing speakers in and out of vans for gigs) and balanced armatures are more sensitive to abuse, and moisture, normal wear and tear...etc...
I am no expert on here, but I m very curious about longevity comparisons between the two, disregarding such things as wire breakage, and possible housing failures, just so far as the speakers themselves are concerned.
I hear the BA's are used in hearing aids, and have a basic shelf life of approx 7 yrs, whereas some people have home speakers for ages beyond that.
I know, I know, I probably WANT my IEM's to die after 3-4 yrs, so I can pick up the latest and greatest of the time period. Just know mine will see some moving shaking, and possible clanking around.
Any opinions will help.
- Balanced armature vs dynamic
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 38 seconds ago
- › Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › D.C. Area Meet (August 30, 2015) Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Ibasso DX80 2 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 6 minutes ago
- › Introducing the Brainwavz Jive earphones - Tuned to preform like a... 7 minutes ago
- › VSonic VSD5 Impressions/Appreciation Thread. VSonic's answer to... 8 minutes ago
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-technica Ath-m50 Studio Monitor Headphones Limited Red Model... by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by ezekiel77
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2