- 3,625 Posts. Joined 7/2008
- Location: Florida
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/28/11
Related Forum Threads
- Would appreciate some suggestions for some in-ears around $30 with sound similar to KSC-75 Last post on 1/27/14 at 2:01pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- How IEM characteristics are measured? Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help choosing the right IEM's for me Last post on 2/14/13 at 6:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations for IEMS around 50-90 dollars? Last post on 12/1/13 at 5:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- F*** reviews. where can i test IEMs myself? Last post on 5/11/13 at 1:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Balanced armature vs dynamic - Page 4
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Sounds good , but in my humble opinion with a dynamic earphone i can not only hear bass but I can really feel it! I have and triad many of the top models and the armatures are very clear but no matter hom many little suckers they stuff in there I cant feel the bass.
other way around friend, dynamic drivers dont respond as quick as armatures, this is why most...''most'' expensive IEM's use balanced armatures because they generally give a faster more detailed sound.
i would love a company to release a multiple dynamic driver IEM as it would be brilliant to see how it compares to multi armature phones but for now i think multi armatures are simply a more advanced technology and the use of multiple drivers generally results in lower distortion rates and clearer sound.
if you want to know a bit more about how an armature works then check this out.
Headphones - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
and ofcourse scroll down to driver types.
Sorry, I meant How not hom.
I have two Westones (2 and 3). They are ok but not that clear and bass is ok but nowhere as good as the Future Sonics! IE8 are not as good as the Future Sonics either and the IE8 meds and highs are foggy.
- Balanced armature vs dynamic
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Long awaited Smyth SVS Realiser NOW AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE 18 seconds ago
- › Which Headphone is next on your "To Buy" list? 30 seconds ago
- › Most detailed, accurate, clear, neutral IEMs 1 minute ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 2 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions and Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 3 minutes ago
- › Audio Sensibility Cables, any experience? 3 minutes ago
- › Worst speakers you have ever heard 4 minutes ago
- › = HIFIMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread (pre-orders up!) = 5 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob