might be worth it for $34 now
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/20/10
- productSennheiser CX380 Sport Series II Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- productSennheiser CX55 Replacement Silicone Ear Tipstagged by System, 5/16/11
- productSennheiser CX95 Lightweight In-Ear Stereo Headphone with Noise-Cancelingtagged by System, 5/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Jaawa's HEADPHONExperience '09: Sennheiser CX 380 Sport II, FiiO E5 and Sennheiser PC... Last post on 9/22/10 at 8:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fake Sennheiser cx55 Last post on 9/25/12 at 1:02pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which Sennheiser Headphones should I get? Last post on 12/1/12 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Buy Sennheiser Audiophile or Wireless Headphone, Get a FREE HeadRoom Gift Card (while supplies... Last post on 11/30/12 at 10:33am in HeadRoom Premier Sponsor Forum
- I need help to pave my journey towards audiophiliation! Last post on 9/7/12 at 8:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 9/13/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
Sennheiser CX 380 Sport 2 reviews? - Page 2post #16 of 311/15/10 at 4:19pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 315/21/10 at 3:02pm
I purchased these after reading this thread, and Jaawa's review.
I was only looking for decent headphones to wear while working out, but I must say.. I was VERY pleasantly surprised when I put them on for the first time.
I don't have a lot of experience with in-ear headphones though, so for all I know, there might be better ones out there. I already had Sennheiser 280 pro for when i need noise isolating, but I think I already prefer these ones, at 1/3rd the price. They're certainly more comfortable, amazingly enough.
The only gripe I have with them is that the extreme bass they provide block a bit of clarity I think. They're perfect for thumping rap/electronica tunes etc, but very decent for other types of music.post #18 of 315/24/10 at 10:57pm
Nice to hear, I've been enjoying mine ever since I bought them and I've found these to be one of the most underrated IEMs I know.
Their all-around performance however isn't apparent with budget DAPs, while my Creative Zen Stone does drive 'em nicely, they lack clarity just as you pointed out. The lows can be a bit too extreme.
With my Iriver H320 though, I've made a few EQ settings and I'm now able to enjoy all genres of music to my heart's content. I think they're a solid performer as IEMs go, gaining a lot from proper source+amp combinations. Bang for the buck & friends of upgrades, so to speakpost #19 of 316/10/10 at 1:34pm
Bought them yesterday on Ebay, 35€ shipped. They should get here tomorrow, can't wait! I was looking for a set of IEMs for my Ipod Shuffle for when I go running and for gym use. After using my Sony MDR-XB700/XB300's, going back to the crappy 10$ earphones was a blow to the heart, so I decided to invest some money on something that was good for the occasions in which my headphones couldn't be used. I was interested in the Sony MDR-XB40's (did any one say bass lover? lol), but I believe that they would be impossible to use while running and doing other physical activities!
I'll let you know what I think once I've tried them for a bit ;)post #20 of 316/11/10 at 2:37pm
Can't really say much yet, except that they don't aren't as comfy as my other IEM's (Sony brand, don't know the type though), but they stay put in my ears and I guess that's what really counts since I'll be using them for gym/running. As for the sound quality, I need more time to try them out, plus the Ipod Shuffle isn't great as a source, I'd like to try them with some other equipment aswell!post #21 of 317/10/10 at 2:00pm
Small update to my previous post.
I accidentally spilt some Pepsi on them, well, actually I pretty much soaked them in it because they were laying on the table exactly where I dropped the glass. I then ran them under a tap.
They still work, so they definitely are water resistant if anyone's wondering.post #22 of 318/10/10 at 11:16am
I have these headphones, and I love them. Never really used them for anything sporty. Just at my desk at work but they sound great. As a previous poster mentioned they are great for rap/electronic, that is all I listen to so they are prefect for me. Now only $35 on amazon!post #23 of 318/10/10 at 1:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by mark2410
had a quick froogle before and think the cheapest i saw was just under £40, was tempted myself but thought for that money i could just spend a tad more and get cx95 ( i am what is commonly known as a fat lazy b*stard and really dont need its sporty attributes:-)
good value price though, slightly cheaper here than the us it would apear
Lol , made me laughpost #24 of 318/10/10 at 2:25pmpost #25 of 318/24/10 at 2:26pmpost #26 of 319/20/10 at 12:23pm
I have both the Sennheiser IE8 and the CX380II. To my ears, the CX380II come close to the IE8. I also had a pair of CX300's which I returned. The the CX380II has better bass, sound less shrill than the CX300.post #27 of 3112/10/10 at 1:59pm
Update to my update post.. :)
They still work. Still sound good.
I use them at work, when working out, walking the dog, in the shower during a drunken haze and for noise isolation (which is what I'm using them for right now. Damn neighbours.)
The left earpiece sometimes slips out a little bit due to sweat, but I'm still happy.
That said - I don't use them all the time. That would be silly. When I really want to *enjoy* music I use other headphones.post #28 of 315/16/11 at 2:04pmpost #29 of 315/7/12 at 6:51pm
I have used these at the gym and on the plane/bus since 2009. They just stopped working in one ear today. They were great. As a point of reference, I also own the Monster Turbines, Koss Pro DJ-100, and I've heard my sister's Audio Technica M-50.
These Senn's are very good in terms of noise isolation and have very respectable sound quality. Bummer. Looking for a replacement now.
I'm considering the MEElectronics M6-CL Sport. Anyone owned/tried both and willing to make a comparison?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser CX 380 Sport 2 reviews?
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 seconds ago
- › Accidentally Extraordinary - AE 51st Studio Headphone 24 seconds ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 36 seconds ago
- › "The New" Fiio X3 with USB DAC 37 seconds ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 2 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 2 minutes ago
- › Q701 vs DT990-250 Pro Review 2 minutes ago
- › How Do You Discover Music? 2 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe