might be worth it for $34 now
Related Forum Threads
- Jaawa's HEADPHONExperience '09: Sennheiser CX 380 Sport II, FiiO E5 and Sennheiser PC... Last post on 9/22/10 at 8:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fake Sennheiser cx55 Last post on 9/25/12 at 1:02pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which Sennheiser Headphones should I get? Last post on 12/1/12 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Buy Sennheiser Audiophile or Wireless Headphone, Get a FREE HeadRoom Gift Card (while supplies... Last post on 11/30/12 at 10:33am in HeadRoom Premier Sponsor Forum
- I need help to pave my journey towards audiophiliation! Last post on 9/7/12 at 8:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Grado Modification Overview
Edited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
Introduction I’m a basshead. I say that loudly and proudly, even though some folks believe basshead and audiophile are mutually exclusive. Obviously, I’m not in that camp. But sometimes, I...
I read reviews on this and I said let me try this out, for $10 I couldn't lose. This surpassed all of expectations for a $10 IEM. I am going to purchase a set for my wife, she was also blown...
Fanmusic is a distributor and a brand of Chinese audio-equipment which also has an eBay store. I was contacted by Tony, their manager a while ago and he informed me that they were working...
Very nice amp for mid-fiers to entry high-fiers. The sound quality and specs are very good for the price. Works very well with Jazz and Classical music in particular (not that rock and...
My pair was a supposed demo model from one of Hifiman's retailers. They came in mint condition, which is lucky for me. I'm not using a balanced cable yet, but I already feel it's a good upgrade...
Sennheiser CX 380 Sport 2 reviews? - Page 2post #16 of 311/15/10 at 4:19pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 315/21/10 at 3:02pm
I purchased these after reading this thread, and Jaawa's review.
I was only looking for decent headphones to wear while working out, but I must say.. I was VERY pleasantly surprised when I put them on for the first time.
I don't have a lot of experience with in-ear headphones though, so for all I know, there might be better ones out there. I already had Sennheiser 280 pro for when i need noise isolating, but I think I already prefer these ones, at 1/3rd the price. They're certainly more comfortable, amazingly enough.
The only gripe I have with them is that the extreme bass they provide block a bit of clarity I think. They're perfect for thumping rap/electronica tunes etc, but very decent for other types of music.post #18 of 315/24/10 at 10:57pm
Nice to hear, I've been enjoying mine ever since I bought them and I've found these to be one of the most underrated IEMs I know.
Their all-around performance however isn't apparent with budget DAPs, while my Creative Zen Stone does drive 'em nicely, they lack clarity just as you pointed out. The lows can be a bit too extreme.
With my Iriver H320 though, I've made a few EQ settings and I'm now able to enjoy all genres of music to my heart's content. I think they're a solid performer as IEMs go, gaining a lot from proper source+amp combinations. Bang for the buck & friends of upgrades, so to speakpost #19 of 316/10/10 at 1:34pm
Bought them yesterday on Ebay, 35€ shipped. They should get here tomorrow, can't wait! I was looking for a set of IEMs for my Ipod Shuffle for when I go running and for gym use. After using my Sony MDR-XB700/XB300's, going back to the crappy 10$ earphones was a blow to the heart, so I decided to invest some money on something that was good for the occasions in which my headphones couldn't be used. I was interested in the Sony MDR-XB40's (did any one say bass lover? lol), but I believe that they would be impossible to use while running and doing other physical activities!
I'll let you know what I think once I've tried them for a bit ;)post #20 of 316/11/10 at 2:37pm
Can't really say much yet, except that they don't aren't as comfy as my other IEM's (Sony brand, don't know the type though), but they stay put in my ears and I guess that's what really counts since I'll be using them for gym/running. As for the sound quality, I need more time to try them out, plus the Ipod Shuffle isn't great as a source, I'd like to try them with some other equipment aswell!post #21 of 317/10/10 at 2:00pm
Small update to my previous post.
I accidentally spilt some Pepsi on them, well, actually I pretty much soaked them in it because they were laying on the table exactly where I dropped the glass. I then ran them under a tap.
They still work, so they definitely are water resistant if anyone's wondering.post #22 of 318/10/10 at 11:16am
I have these headphones, and I love them. Never really used them for anything sporty. Just at my desk at work but they sound great. As a previous poster mentioned they are great for rap/electronic, that is all I listen to so they are prefect for me. Now only $35 on amazon!post #23 of 318/10/10 at 1:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by mark2410
had a quick froogle before and think the cheapest i saw was just under £40, was tempted myself but thought for that money i could just spend a tad more and get cx95 ( i am what is commonly known as a fat lazy b*stard and really dont need its sporty attributes:-)
good value price though, slightly cheaper here than the us it would apear
Lol , made me laughpost #24 of 318/10/10 at 2:25pmpost #25 of 318/24/10 at 2:26pmpost #26 of 319/20/10 at 12:23pm
I have both the Sennheiser IE8 and the CX380II. To my ears, the CX380II come close to the IE8. I also had a pair of CX300's which I returned. The the CX380II has better bass, sound less shrill than the CX300.post #27 of 3112/10/10 at 1:59pm
Update to my update post.. :)
They still work. Still sound good.
I use them at work, when working out, walking the dog, in the shower during a drunken haze and for noise isolation (which is what I'm using them for right now. Damn neighbours.)
The left earpiece sometimes slips out a little bit due to sweat, but I'm still happy.
That said - I don't use them all the time. That would be silly. When I really want to *enjoy* music I use other headphones.post #28 of 315/16/11 at 2:04pmpost #29 of 315/7/12 at 6:51pm
I have used these at the gym and on the plane/bus since 2009. They just stopped working in one ear today. They were great. As a point of reference, I also own the Monster Turbines, Koss Pro DJ-100, and I've heard my sister's Audio Technica M-50.
These Senn's are very good in terms of noise isolation and have very respectable sound quality. Bummer. Looking for a replacement now.
I'm considering the MEElectronics M6-CL Sport. Anyone owned/tried both and willing to make a comparison?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser CX 380 Sport 2 reviews?
- Headphone Impedance
- › The AKG K550 Appreciation/Discussion Thread! 8 seconds ago
- › "Audiophile" DAPs that support ID3 tagging 11 seconds ago
- › Why would anyone want just one headphone? 1 minute ago
- › SoundMAGIC HP100 Review 2 minutes ago
- › Bigsby’s top cans for 2013: ep1 Soundmagic HP100- The Beyer Slayer,... 4 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7000 4 minutes ago
- › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S - Any Reviews Yet? 4 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 5 minutes ago
- › Full Grado Labs History! 7 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Parts/Overclocking) 7 minutes ago
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe