might be worth it for $34 now
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/20/10
- productSennheiser CX380 Sport Series II Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- productSennheiser CX55 Replacement Silicone Ear Tipstagged by System, 5/16/11
- productSennheiser CX95 Lightweight In-Ear Stereo Headphone with Noise-Cancelingtagged by System, 5/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Jaawa's HEADPHONExperience '09: Sennheiser CX 380 Sport II, FiiO E5 and Sennheiser PC... Last post on 9/22/10 at 8:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fake Sennheiser cx55 Last post on 9/25/12 at 1:02pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- PLEASE HELP!! What brand headphones are these? Last post on 2/12/14 at 7:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best Headphone store in New Orleans, LA Last post on 12/15/13 at 8:51am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Thank-you to Pandora of Brainwavz for supplying the Omega for review. Brainwavz has been around for a while now and this isn't my first encounter with one of their products. In 2011 I...
I picked this up second hand on ebay, more out of curiosity than anything. I'm just getting into listening with headphones and one of my amps doesn't have a headphone socket, so this seemed like as...
I have owned the Darkvoice 336SE for a while now, and consider myself a discerning listener/audiophile. My listening setup consists of two KRK RP-5 studio reference monitors, and a KRK RP-10S, and...
Preamble: At HiFime, all started with the production of the Tripath TK2050 speaker amplification chip. Nowadays they are mostly known for their portable DACs that use valuable...
I've only been in this game since January but have bought a new IEM every month (at pay day obviously). Nothing yet has come close to being my go-to IEM. (I should note...I bought the Titans for...
Sennheiser CX 380 Sport 2 reviews? - Page 2post #16 of 321/15/10 at 4:19pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 325/21/10 at 3:02pm
I purchased these after reading this thread, and Jaawa's review.
I was only looking for decent headphones to wear while working out, but I must say.. I was VERY pleasantly surprised when I put them on for the first time.
I don't have a lot of experience with in-ear headphones though, so for all I know, there might be better ones out there. I already had Sennheiser 280 pro for when i need noise isolating, but I think I already prefer these ones, at 1/3rd the price. They're certainly more comfortable, amazingly enough.
The only gripe I have with them is that the extreme bass they provide block a bit of clarity I think. They're perfect for thumping rap/electronica tunes etc, but very decent for other types of music.post #18 of 325/24/10 at 10:57pm
Nice to hear, I've been enjoying mine ever since I bought them and I've found these to be one of the most underrated IEMs I know.
Their all-around performance however isn't apparent with budget DAPs, while my Creative Zen Stone does drive 'em nicely, they lack clarity just as you pointed out. The lows can be a bit too extreme.
With my Iriver H320 though, I've made a few EQ settings and I'm now able to enjoy all genres of music to my heart's content. I think they're a solid performer as IEMs go, gaining a lot from proper source+amp combinations. Bang for the buck & friends of upgrades, so to speakpost #19 of 326/10/10 at 1:34pm
Bought them yesterday on Ebay, 35€ shipped. They should get here tomorrow, can't wait! I was looking for a set of IEMs for my Ipod Shuffle for when I go running and for gym use. After using my Sony MDR-XB700/XB300's, going back to the crappy 10$ earphones was a blow to the heart, so I decided to invest some money on something that was good for the occasions in which my headphones couldn't be used. I was interested in the Sony MDR-XB40's (did any one say bass lover? lol), but I believe that they would be impossible to use while running and doing other physical activities!
I'll let you know what I think once I've tried them for a bit ;)post #20 of 326/11/10 at 2:37pm
Can't really say much yet, except that they don't aren't as comfy as my other IEM's (Sony brand, don't know the type though), but they stay put in my ears and I guess that's what really counts since I'll be using them for gym/running. As for the sound quality, I need more time to try them out, plus the Ipod Shuffle isn't great as a source, I'd like to try them with some other equipment aswell!post #21 of 327/10/10 at 2:00pm
Small update to my previous post.
I accidentally spilt some Pepsi on them, well, actually I pretty much soaked them in it because they were laying on the table exactly where I dropped the glass. I then ran them under a tap.
They still work, so they definitely are water resistant if anyone's wondering.post #22 of 328/10/10 at 11:16am
I have these headphones, and I love them. Never really used them for anything sporty. Just at my desk at work but they sound great. As a previous poster mentioned they are great for rap/electronic, that is all I listen to so they are prefect for me. Now only $35 on amazon!post #23 of 328/10/10 at 1:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by mark2410
had a quick froogle before and think the cheapest i saw was just under £40, was tempted myself but thought for that money i could just spend a tad more and get cx95 ( i am what is commonly known as a fat lazy b*stard and really dont need its sporty attributes:-)
good value price though, slightly cheaper here than the us it would apear
Lol , made me laughpost #24 of 328/10/10 at 2:25pmpost #25 of 328/24/10 at 2:26pmpost #26 of 329/20/10 at 12:23pm
I have both the Sennheiser IE8 and the CX380II. To my ears, the CX380II come close to the IE8. I also had a pair of CX300's which I returned. The the CX380II has better bass, sound less shrill than the CX300.post #27 of 3212/10/10 at 1:59pm
Update to my update post.. :)
They still work. Still sound good.
I use them at work, when working out, walking the dog, in the shower during a drunken haze and for noise isolation (which is what I'm using them for right now. Damn neighbours.)
The left earpiece sometimes slips out a little bit due to sweat, but I'm still happy.
That said - I don't use them all the time. That would be silly. When I really want to *enjoy* music I use other headphones.post #28 of 325/16/11 at 2:04pmpost #29 of 325/7/12 at 6:51pm
I have used these at the gym and on the plane/bus since 2009. They just stopped working in one ear today. They were great. As a point of reference, I also own the Monster Turbines, Koss Pro DJ-100, and I've heard my sister's Audio Technica M-50.
These Senn's are very good in terms of noise isolation and have very respectable sound quality. Bummer. Looking for a replacement now.
I'm considering the MEElectronics M6-CL Sport. Anyone owned/tried both and willing to make a comparison?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser CX 380 Sport 2 reviews?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 13 seconds ago
- › Official X5 2nd gen beta firmware download and discussion... 20 seconds ago
- › Workout upgrade from my Meelectronics M6 36 seconds ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 1 minute ago
- › Bandcamp Fan Account Registry 2 minutes ago
- › KENNERTON VALI - IMPRESSIONS, DISCUSSION, TOUR 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 3 minutes ago
- › Cheap physical graphic equalizer 4 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 4 minutes ago
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Omega In Ear Earbuds Noise Isolating Earphones Remote... by Deviltooth
- › Bravo Audio Ocean by Varley58
- › Darkvoice 336SE by Shasari
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...