New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shure SE530 vs. Westone 3?

post #1 of 73
Thread Starter 
Please only vote on this poll if you have listened to both IEM's. Which of these IEM's have the best sound quality and comfort? After you vote, please explain your choice. Thank you.
post #2 of 73
Voted for Westone 3 because the cable is much better than SE530.
post #3 of 73
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by forsberg View Post
Voted for Westone 3 because the cable is much better than SE530.
Thanks forsberg for explaining your vote. I wish others would do the same here.
post #4 of 73
I have owned both and I vote westone 3 for sq comfort and reliability (shure cable issue)
post #5 of 73
If I were to listen to Jazz primarily, I would choose the SE530. But I got the W3s due to comfort.
post #6 of 73
I'd be torn... The Westone 3 (as I heard it at the San Jose Can Jam; Doug let me borrow it for the night) had a spectacular warm sound that while not as accurate, was very euphoric. Of course the 530 is no slouch and is also very enjoyable while being more accurate tonally.

If you do a search, I've reviewed both shortly after that Can Jam.

Keep in mind this was a pre-production model. I haven't heard the production unit.

Regarding comfort: I felt the Westone 3 was slightly more comfortable, but don't have any comfort issues with the 530s.
post #7 of 73
W3's sound quality and comfort is so much dependent on the tips you use...I own a W3 and it sounds fantastic plus super comfortable with comply foam...
man this is pretty much an easy choice hey, SE530 is being there for years now and W3 is there only for a month...don't you wanna try something new? think about the resell value too my friend because im sure eventurely you will upgrade~lol~ IMO...

I didn't vote because I only listened to Shure once 2 years ago...didn't audit it...it sounds good, comfortable,
post #8 of 73
i believe this is a double or maybe even triple post. i chose not to vote btw.
post #9 of 73
W3 is IMO better than se530 in almost any regards
post #10 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Wang View Post
W3 is IMO better than se530 in almost any regards
Yes, I chose W3 because;

-the cable is better.
-the bass extends deeper.
-the soundstage is larger.
-treble is MUCH more detailed.

Midrange may be a little better with SE530 but I will take 4 out of 5 edge in criteria any day.
post #11 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro View Post
Yes, I chose W3 because;

-the cable is better.
-the bass extends deeper.
-the soundstage is larger.
-treble is MUCH more detailed.

Midrange may be a little better with SE530 but I will take 4 out of 5 edge in criteria any day.
EXACTLY!
post #12 of 73
Thread Starter 
Wow, the Westone's are way ahead. Now where can I purchase them at a discount? People have been saying you can get them for 30% off with a code on ebay. How is this done?
post #13 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather225 View Post
W3's sound quality and comfort is so much dependent on the tips you use...I own a W3 and it sounds fantastic plus super comfortable with comply foam...
man this is pretty much an easy choice hey, SE530 is being there for years now and W3 is there only for a month...don't you wanna try something new? think about the resell value too my friend because im sure eventurely you will upgrade~lol~ IMO...

I didn't vote because I only listened to Shure once 2 years ago...didn't audit it...it sounds good, comfortable,
right. IEMs started being on the market just a few years ago and is a pretty recent technology and is developing steadily. So the newer model and technology will usually be better than the old ones. Plus we see Westone devoted so much time into this long overdue product, it would live up to the expectations.

and W3 is great indeed!
post #14 of 73
I give the edge to the Westone's but I'm not quite ready to ditch the Shures. The Westone's have a delightful mid-range with crystal clear highs and mids. They're fantastic when listening to vocals or stringed instruments like classical guitar. The Shures sound great with POP or Rock. Both IEM's have their strong points.
post #15 of 73
hard to choose, it all depends on what kind of music you listen to, i myself prefer the Se530, i am a person that likes the sound signature of the Se530. So i prefer the shure. The comfort between the two is around the same too, both excellent fit. Very comfortable
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: