Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Tube rolling the LITTLE DOT I+ for use with the Grado SR225 headphone
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tube rolling the LITTLE DOT I+ for use with the Grado SR225 headphone - Page 3

post #31 of 39
<Digging up an old thread>

I'm about to embark down this road (LD I+ and 225i's).

Does anyone have new recommendations for this combo? I'm a noob with tube amps.

Thanks, Mark
post #32 of 39
Ok, So I'm a COMPLETE Tube NOOB, but spend too much time on this D@mn forum. I see all these amazing setups and the really impressive ones seem to have tube amps. Fast forward... I see lots of talk about how well the Little Dot I+ works with Grado's. Being a long time Grado user, I jump right in.

Now I'm sitting here reading over the sticky for tube noobs, and I'm scared to death! There is ALLOT to those things!

Was I was completely ignorant thinking I would order this amp, buy some tubes and see which one I like the best... Now I'm hit with a million differences between them.

Should I just stick with solid state? or will I be happy with a plain old LD I+ with the provided 408a tubes installed?
post #33 of 39
Hi guys!! did anybody tried the litlle DOT I+ with Grado RS-1's? That's what I have right now. also the opamp swap is it socketed or need to solder the 8 leg spider thingie??
Antbody tried LT 1358 adn LT 1355 I just wondered case thsi si what I have on hand . . . that's all . . or any of the AD line Opamps does a Burson or an AudioGd fit in there?

Thanks for all the help, as I am very new here, not new to audio.

Gonzalo
post #34 of 39
By teh way I just ordered my lil'thing form ebay 15 minutes ago . .. so maybe next week I'll find out what the fuzz is about and get to work in it and tube rolling . . . . yeah baby!!!

Thanks;

G
post #35 of 39
The op amp is in a socket so you can roll quite a few op-amps. I am currently using the OPA2107AP op amp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzalomaso View Post
Hi guys!! did anybody tried the litlle DOT I+ with Grado RS-1's? That's what I have right now. also the opamp swap is it socketed or need to solder the 8 leg spider thingie??
Antbody tried LT 1358 adn LT 1355 I just wondered case thsi si what I have on hand . . . that's all . . or any of the AD line Opamps does a Burson or an AudioGd fit in there?

Thanks for all the help, as I am very new here, not new to audio.

Gonzalo
post #36 of 39
I'm only able to find sylvania gold brand 407a's... How do those compare to the 408a's?
post #37 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by theryaner View Post
I'm only able to find sylvania gold brand 407a's... How do those compare to the 408a's?
They don't. The 407a is a 9 pin and the 408a is a 7 pin tube. Even if they were similiar electrically , they won't fit in the LD 1+
post #38 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper32 View Post
They don't. The 407a is a 9 pin and the 408a is a 7 pin tube. Even if they were similiar electrically , they won't fit in the LD 1+
AH!! didn't see it, thanks. lol
post #39 of 39
Yep . Get the instruction manual from the little dot website themselves, and see what type of tubes you can roll. There's a list there.

Op amps can be done by pinching it out with your fingers
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Tube rolling the LITTLE DOT I+ for use with the Grado SR225 headphone