New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Backpack-Fi - Page 7

post #91 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRobbStory View Post
I'd been using a Chrome Citizen bag for about six years. It started to smell like a butt, so I picked up a Chrome Pawn backback about a month ago. It smells better and my 18 month old nephew fits in it just fine.

Messenger Bags, Laptop Bags, Backpacks | CHROME OFFICIAL SITE
Oops sorry looks like chrome has been mentioned. So I have wanted a chrome bad for a few years now but never pulled the trigger. Obviously you liked it if you bought another one.
post #92 of 238
Quote:
Or TAD Gear
San Francisco's finest.

Is that an EDC you have CyberSpyder?

I wanted TAD Gear's EDC Litespeed but it was sold out before I had the money and decided to get it.
post #93 of 238
I just purchased a timbuk2 messenger (small) via their website for $38, it was a good deal. I've heard good things about TAD gear, never seen any in person. I'm partial to Tactical Assault Gear, I have their R.A.I.D. pack, a bit pricey, but excellent, will last a good long while.
I have the second gen of this bag, no top cinch buckles and a separate zipper for a hydration bladder.
post #94 of 238
What is the most durable and practical bag (lots of small pockets and laptop pocket) between 40-60 dollars ? I found this OGIO INDIGO bag that looks really good for 60



On the other hand this is a bit cheaper and looks just as good (swissgear austin)






Oh I also found a North Face Sweeper for a really low price, but it's from china and it looks fake, but i'm not sure...because it has a north face ticket on it as shown in the picture

north face outdoor sport hiking 40L bag backpack NEW - eBay (item 180454122525 end time Feb-07-10 09:50:19 PST)


So which one of the three should I take ? It's going to be stuffed with cloths, shoes, medical equipment, laptop, iphone, cellphone, camera, etc.
Thanks for any input.
post #95 of 238
Halp. I'm having a hard time finding a backpack for my 17" laptop (MSI GT735 15.5x10.9x1.5), well I'm not having a hard time finding them, I'm just having a hard time finding an affordable one (don't want to spend a lot, ~<$60 would be nice). I also want the backpack to be durable and at least not ugly. So far I'm thinking of these three.
High Sierra Stretch Laptop Backpack > Laptop Backpacks > Backpacks - eBags

High Sierra Wilder Laptop Backpack > Laptop Backpacks > Backpacks - eBags

Kensington Contour Backpack > Computer Backpacks > Business - eBags


I probably won't end up getting the first two cause they're kinda ugly. I'm also considering the OGIO Mastermind
post #96 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by brotherlen View Post
I just purchased a timbuk2 messenger (small) via their website for $38, it was a good deal. I've heard good things about TAD gear, never seen any in person. I'm partial to Tactical Assault Gear, I have their R.A.I.D. pack, a bit pricey, but excellent, will last a good long while.
I have the second gen of this bag, no top cinch buckles and a separate zipper for a hydration bladder.
I have their FAST Pack and Raptor, both great pieces of gear.
post #97 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silencer23 View Post
What is the most durable and practical bag (lots of small pockets and laptop pocket) between 40-60 dollars ? I found this OGIO INDIGO bag that looks really good for 60

On the other hand this is a bit cheaper and looks just as good (swissgear austin)

Oh I also found a North Face Sweeper for a really low price, but it's from china and it looks fake, but i'm not sure...because it has a north face ticket on it as shown in the picture

north face outdoor sport hiking 40L bag backpack NEW - eBay (item 180454122525 end time Feb-07-10 09:50:19 PST)


So which one of the three should I take ? It's going to be stuffed with cloths, shoes, medical equipment, laptop, iphone, cellphone, camera, etc.
Thanks for any input.
Having owned both Swissgear (the exact same one) and a Ogio bag, I would say go for the Ogio. I have had my Ogio backpack for over a year and I use it almost every day and it honestly still looks new. It is made from thicker more heavy duty material than the Swissgear bag.
post #98 of 238
Hmmm thanks kshelton !Sounds good to me !
post #99 of 238
cyberspyder what kind of bag is the green one, i like it.
post #100 of 238
It's a TAD Gear FAST Pack.
post #101 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by VicAjax View Post
i'm so happy to see this thread still lives.

i'm still loving my Dakine one year later, and actually, i'm now looking for a laptop messenger bag for work. really, the "laptop" part is secondary, but it'd be nice to be able to slip mine in and out with ease ( ).

right now, i'm considering the Waterfield Muzetto:



it's a little spendy at $240-$260, but it's for work, and i like to look good for the "clients."

my current bag is a little number from Germany (Jost is the company), but only one shop in the city carries them, and they only have one model which i don't really dig.
I have one of those and really like it. It really only holds the "essentials" though. I can fit my macbook(w/sleeve), charger+cord, esw10, ipod/dac in there with a little room to spare for maybe another small gadget/mag/kindle etc. If you need more room that that you might want to look at something else.
post #102 of 238
The green bag is a T.A.G. tactical assault gear. (RAID pack) Founded by an ex SEAL, based out of San Diego, CA. TAD is also supposed to be a top notch company and is based out of San Fran, CA. TACTICAL ASSAULT GEAR - THE OPERATOR'S CHOICE
post #103 of 238
Wait, which green bag is he talking about?
post #104 of 238
Here's what I'm rocking currently, a timbuk2 commute daypack. It's a bit on the smaller side, but nice for carrying medium loads around the city and campus. I've also been using it to hike, and it's extremely comfortable even when it's fully loaded! Highly recommend this one.



post #105 of 238
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdr529 View Post
I have one of those and really like it. It really only holds the "essentials" though. I can fit my macbook(w/sleeve), charger+cord, esw10, ipod/dac in there with a little room to spare for maybe another small gadget/mag/kindle etc. If you need more room that that you might want to look at something else.
that's a little what i was afraid of. i probably don't need more room... really i just need compartments... shades, pens, phone, ID, etc.

do you have the 13" or the 15"?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home