what amp are you using? i am still finding one that is reasonably good but cheaper than yamamoto and HA5000!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 8/9/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-A2000X (Japan Import)tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productAudio Technica W11JPNtagged by System, 5/11/11
- productAudio Technica W5000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/11/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 5/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Improving ATH-W5000 seal, bass & isolation with bigger/thicker pads? Last post on 3/10/14 at 12:47pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best Headphones for me Last post on 12/27/12 at 12:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- need some help choosing my new pair of headphones Last post on 7/26/11 at 9:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- BEST closed back headphone for classical music Last post on 12/18/11 at 4:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The Numbering Disease: Where Skullcandy and Monster Win Last post on 5/28/13 at 12:11am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The review will comming soon
I used these for about three months at my desk at work. The left side went out in that short time. They were great while they lasted.
Hi When i brought these i hoped that they would sound amazing. But when i tried these i noticed that there was no bass at all. I'm a bass head. Now i brought the ferrari by logic3 T150. They...
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
There are many great headphones in this SUB-$150 category , I have a good amount of headphones in the range and have tried a good enough of them to know what to expect in this category The...
audio-technica ATH-A2000X - Page 19post #271 of 3405/9/11 at 5:25pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #272 of 3405/19/11 at 11:13amQuote:
Is a 220V version HA5000, it was some "copy" but the boards are different but sounds the same and its 220V.post #273 of 3405/21/11 at 9:22am
It has been a while since I posted any more updates since being the proud owner of the AT a2000x headphones.
It has been a few weeks of listening and experimenting with two different headphone amps: Graham slee voyager and the meier stepdance.
When I first began listening to these headphones the highs were too high pitch to the point of being almost irritating.
This has miraculously disappeared now with use.
The headphones though are fantastic. Exceptional clarity with fantastic soundstage with the only criticism being is the bass response. Its too light but still acceptable.
Now, after listening to the headphones through both amps, it is hard to decide which one sounds better.
The sound quality and depth is so close that it would take a very highly trained ear to pick out any difference if any.
I used the same track which is a pan pipe instrumental version of the song "lady in red" which also contains other instruments and is also a high quality recording.
After listening to it with the two amps my conclusion is this.
I found the step dance to have slightly more emphasis on the low end frequency range but could not match the graham slee in the mids and highs.
However on a track with more bass such as michael jackson's "jam", the stepdance was better suited but I still found the graham slee bought out the mids and vocals better but doesn't mean it was more pleasant to listen to.
I believe its song dependent. They are both fantastic amps and would recommend either one.
It would be interesting if someone could do the same comparison as mine with these two amps and write their conclusions on what they think.
cheers!!post #274 of 3408/6/11 at 7:13ampost #275 of 3408/6/11 at 7:48am
A few quick questions.
1. What are the drivers made out of?
2. Recommend an Amp (or a Dac/Amp) to me? Not overly expensive, but willing to make an investment if it's worth it, ideally I'm looking for an amp with a unique synergy with the A2000X.
Currently I'm using the Teclast T51 (S:Flo 2) headphone-out jack, which is "Main: Rockchip RK2806, DAC: Wolfson WM8740SEDS 9AAASCF x 2, Headphone-out: Philips TDA1308, Line-out: Texas Instruments OPA2604"
I tried a $628 USD portable tube amplifier, and was not impressed with the sound!
I tried the Yulong U100 Dac/Amp yesterday, and was not impressed with the sound! The result is my laptop sound-card (Sony Vaio VPCCW15FX) and the Teclast T51 sound better than the U100, The U100 has a much higher volume, and that's it, I'm disappointed, the signature becomes too flat, digitized, and a little forward and bright, which accentuates regions in the FR of the A2000X that should be left alone, most of all vocals suffer, and the transferral of intimacy completely evaporates.
I'm enjoying these out of my sound-card (volume is lower than ideal though) and the Teclast T51, but please help, I want to return/sell the Yulong and find something ideal, I don't care about my IEM's, I just want a killer amp specifically for the A2000X. Or a killer DAC/Amp combo, since I was quite disappointed in the Yulong (with very good reviews) I don't know where to look now! For the moment, I have my eye on the Fostex HP-A3, and the Fostex HP-A7 (looks very pretty, but has received controversial reviews in Japan, and pretty expensive, really stretching there).
Edited by kiteki - 8/6/11 at 9:26ampost #276 of 3408/6/11 at 11:24ampost #277 of 3408/6/11 at 11:34ampost #278 of 3408/6/11 at 12:17pmQuote:
The box also talks about magnetized cobalt and iron alloy, ceramics, titanium, and magnesium alloy.
I understand that the voice coils are 7N copper, sorry, my question was actually meant to be what is the diaphragm in these made of? Does anyone know?post #279 of 3408/6/11 at 2:02pm
The diaphragm is some thin, durable polymer, I think. Same for any headphone.
The magnesium alloy is what the rest of the headphone is made out of, except for the titanium cups, earpads, and headband (metal part). Magnesium alloy prevents resonances and what not for maximum sound quality, but because the headphone uses so much of it, the price is a bit steep. Magnetized cobalt and iron alloy? The baffle possibly? Driver encapsulation? It is metal, but I know nothing beyond that. Ceramic? I don't know. I also cannot find where it says these things you say. Is it in the Japanese text?
Edited by Mad Max - 8/6/11 at 2:03pmpost #280 of 3408/6/11 at 2:49pm
It says, in english "*1 Permendur is magnetized alloy of cobalt and iron that enhanced sound quality."
Ceramics I read in a Japanese review.
As for the diaphragm, I was just curious if it was bio-cellulose by any chance, because when I took an earpad off and tried to look at it, it did look a bit like bio-cellulose, and that would help explain the "sanctity" and "euphoria" of the sound-quality a little.... perchance. ;)
I never should have bought that ******* Etymotic ER-4PT, blocked my right ear, then I tried to fix my ear with a q-tip, now I'm getting an ear-infection I think, listening to the A2000X with 60% of my hearing or so =/..... still sounds amazing though.
Probably going to sell the Etymotic and J-phonic and buy a real killer amplifier for these.... any ideas?post #281 of 3408/6/11 at 3:08pmpost #282 of 3408/6/11 at 4:07pmpost #283 of 3408/6/11 at 4:43pmpost #284 of 3408/6/11 at 5:05pm
- audio-technica ATH-A2000X
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Band Name Game II 4 seconds ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 19 seconds ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 1 minute ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Story of a New Reviewer: kimvictor 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD598 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 2 minutes ago
- › Halide Design DAC HD by Zuqi
- › Sony MDR-ZX-700 by PurelyNicole
- › Klipsch Image S3 Nosie-Isolating Earphones with Patented Oval Ear-Tips by Arno Berck
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude