- 72 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Location: Pacific Grove, Ca
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Emmeline HR-2 vs WooAudio 2 Last post on 6/2/11 at 12:32am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- ok, amp! Last post on 5/1/11 at 7:32am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Talk me out of buying a WA2 Last post on 10/8/10 at 4:33pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Woo WES stock v. maxxed Last post on 10/9/12 at 11:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Woo Audio 2 Last post on 12/2/16 at 5:52pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 11/30/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product TroubleshootLast edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
What a great headphone! Disclaimer: at my house to get any head time at all, you've got to match up with the Sennheiser HD800, PSB M4U 1, Klipsch Status, HiFiMan RE-262, and others. In short, the...
Accutone Pisces Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Accutone for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/828002/accutone-pisces-earphone-review-by-mark2410 Brief: ...
Disclaimer: This review was originally published at http://headflux.de/inear-prophile-8 on September 24, 2016 in German. We've been invited by InEar to test the prototype for the purpose of writing...
Apple is really doing it: they're taking a brand that has the dominant marketshare in the headphone marketplace despite having had subpar audio quality, and greatly improving it while adding...
I would like to thank Ken from Campfire Audio for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Introduction ALO Audio has been an established name in the industry for...
Woo WA2 Tube Rolling Recommendations - Page 17post #241 of 8201/4/14 at 12:18pmWould anyone here be willing to share their impressions on the WA2 with Telefunken 6922s?
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #242 of 8201/7/14 at 9:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl
just get amperex bugle boys (HD 800) or orange globes (T1) and be done. cheaper than 7308 from jack (they only cost like 60-80 a pair tops), more transparent and focused than the american 6922s, and far more rugged than the EH6922 (which i can see why jack would stop using, people probably complained of them dying in a month or 2).
it might be newb question, did Amperex made orange globe in Hollands? all I can find PQ oranges are made in USA;; also DG please pm me your secret tube source I can't find them in 60-80 range oh wait you might hide some nice 6922s in your closet for another WA2 in that case.... let me knowpost #243 of 8201/8/14 at 11:18amI got rid of all my 6922 as well as my ez80s
PQs cost more and there are some USA made and I know some where made in Holland. Orange globes are different and should be Holland like the Bugle boys but there is also some USA made ones as well.post #244 of 8201/8/14 at 11:22amNo source just go ebay and search amperex 6922 orange globe. A frame or regular version, little different sounding both are good. Make sure they say made in holland
Heres a frame. Pair
Regular holland o globe
Prices vary dont overpay. Some cost more than others depending on condition and if they have a box or not. Also depending on sellers reputation
Btw those are just examples so u see picture and how prices vary. Not recommending any buyer specificallypost #245 of 8201/8/14 at 11:23ampost #246 of 8201/16/14 at 5:52pm
I've been enjoying my WA2 and T1 combo for a few days now and figured I should read this thread to see how much more I can get out of this amp. After reading this i'm more confused then ever, all i've learned is that the good tubes this amp needs are rare and cost a hell of a lot.post #247 of 8201/16/14 at 10:50pmI'm in love: Amperax 7308s + Tung Sol 7236s + Philips Miniwatt EZ81s. I used to be a professional classical musician and I can honestly say I never knew music could sound this good. Total cost of the tube upgrades was $360 ($100 each pair for drivers and rectifiers, $160 for power tubes). Considering the amp itself costs $1200, $360 for tubes doesn't seem too unreasonable to me, especially for such bliss. The WA2 with stock tubes is really very pleasant. But with good tubes, the WA2 is just plain magical.post #248 of 8201/16/14 at 10:51pmpost #249 of 8201/17/14 at 4:01am
Is the combo Chesterfield mentioned a good place to start?
"Amperax 7308s + Tung Sol 7236s + Philips Miniwatt EZ81"
I'd like to try my hand at tube rolling but don't want to break the bank on rare/expensive tubes just yet.
Chesterfield, do you mind sharing where you purchased your tubes from?post #250 of 8201/17/14 at 2:14pmNo problem, robbbby. I got the 7236s from Woo Audio (listed on the WA2 page). For power tubes, a lot of people prefer, and swear by, Tung-Sol 5998s. 5998s are available from vacuumtubes.net for $85 each. The other tubes I got from Upscale Audio. When ordering driver tubes from Upscale Audio, make sure to ask that they be matched (which they'll do for no additional cost) and order driver grade, which will save you some money. They don't match rectifiers.
Dubstep Girl, as for GEC 6AS7G--I wish.post #251 of 8201/17/14 at 2:27pmForgot to mention, robbbby---other than the Philips Miniwatt EZ81s, you'll see the tubes I recommended are the ones recommended by Woo Audio. In place of the Miniwatts, Woo Audio recommends Westinghouse EZ80s, but I don't think they have them anymore, since there's no paypal button there. I haven't been able to find the Westinghouse EZ80s anywhere. A lot of people like the Mullard EZ80s (The Miniwatt ez81s were built in the mullard factory and they're a little more laid back than the EZ80s).post #252 of 8201/17/14 at 3:12pmpost #253 of 8201/17/14 at 6:15pmpost #254 of 8201/17/14 at 7:13pm
- Woo WA2 Tube Rolling Recommendations
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★FAQ in 3rd post!★☆ 5 seconds ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 37 seconds ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 38 seconds ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 54 seconds ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40x: The Little Brother that Could 1 minute ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 1 minute ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 2 minutes ago
- › Sound Blaster X7 - Impressions? Thoughts? 2 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 2 minutes ago
- › Tony Bennett TBSE1 Signature Edition Headphone - Black/Silver by DJ The Rocket
- › Accutone Pisces Digital In-Ear Headset - Retail Packaging -... by mark2410
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by bartzky
- › Beats Solo3 Wireless On-Ear Headphone - Black by MICHAELSD
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by flinkenick
- › TFZ Balance 2M by ustinj
- › Nobsound NS-01E Mini Tube Headphone Amplifier Stereo HiFi Amp Audio... by crabdog
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by Wokei
- › Lindemann musicbook:10 DSD by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by DynamikeB
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear