New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best Netbook? - Page 5

post #61 of 89
Is excitementing times ahead. Will put off considering netbooks.
post #62 of 89
for me its definately the hp mini 10. great looks, near full size keyboard, great keyboard layout. 10" screen looks great, its pretty fast, ram upgradeable, slot memory upgradeable for more space.

I bought one for 350 and havent looked back
post #63 of 89
HP Mini 1000 here too. Love it traveling or around the house.
post #64 of 89
got a 'black friday' under $200 netbook this week. asus 1005ha (lower end model).

but as luck would have it, the lower end model has a matte screen! ha ha! the better screen comes on the low end model. nice.

3 cell batt but I plan to get a 2nd one and so its not a show stopper.

but being under $200 was a nice motivator for me.

its now running ubuntu and importing my mp3 library for MPD and usb-audio use
post #65 of 89
I bought a Toshiba NB205-N310/BN-G:

Toshiba mini notebook NB205-N310BN-G Laptops

I absolutely love my netbook because it gives me everything that I wanted in a netbook: 3G, 802.11 B/G Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR, 160GB HDD, Intel Atom 1.66GHz CPU, Windows XP Home Edition, 1 GB DDR2 533MHz SDRAM [upgradeable to 2GB] with a 5800mAh / 6 cell battery that lasts about 9 hours.

I upgraded mine to 2GB of DDR2 SDRAM and installed Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala Desktop Edition. Running Ubuntu on the Toshiba NB205-N310/BN-G requires some major command line tweaking to get everything to work properly, but there are guides on the Ubuntu discussion forums to resolve technical issues. Karmic Koala is a polished Linux distribution for this netbook so the work to get this netbook's features up and running are fairly easy to implement. I prefer using Ubuntu GNU / Linux over Microsoft Windows.

The only downside is that it is expensive at $499.99 USD for a netbook. Otherwise, it is fantastic.
post #66 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxworks View Post
got a 'black friday' under $200 netbook this week. asus 1005ha (lower end model).

but as luck would have it, the lower end model has a matte screen! ha ha! the better screen comes on the low end model. nice.

3 cell batt but I plan to get a 2nd one and so its not a show stopper.

but being under $200 was a nice motivator for me.

its now running ubuntu and importing my mp3 library for MPD and usb-audio use
Nice deal, ASUS makes the best netbooks imo. You can probably pick up a 6-cell OEM battery for $40 off ebay anyway. I can buy a 12,000mAh battery for my 1000H for the same price.
post #67 of 89
ohh..been looking at netbooks a lot lately since my large 15 inch notebook has been getting on my nerves everyday

probably going to end up with an acer aspire one d150 or d250
post #68 of 89
I think netbooks under 10 inches are wastes.. the screen and keyboard are so small you can't do anything. I have an acer aspire 1410, 11.6 inches. It's as close to a netbook as you can get without it being a netbook, yet it performs much better and weighs as little as one and is as portable as one (same size as a sheet of printer paper). Mine currently runs vista just fine with 2gb ram and core 2 solo, and the new ones run even more efficiently with windows 7 with core 2 duo processors.. the battery claim is 6 hours which actually means about 4 hours realistically, but i've managed to get it to 5 and a half hours with a bit of undervolting and tuning up vista. i think some other models of the 1410 have 9 hour battery
post #69 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by rymd View Post
I think netbooks under 10 inches are wastes.. the screen and keyboard are so small you can't do anything. I have an acer aspire 1410, 11.6 inches. It's as close to a netbook as you can get without it being a netbook, yet it performs much better and weighs as little as one and is as portable as one (same size as a sheet of printer paper). Mine currently runs vista just fine with 2gb ram and core 2 solo, and the new ones run even more efficiently with windows 7 with core 2 duo processors..
x2 Love my 1410... running Win 7.
post #70 of 89
so ive decided after reading a bunch of reviews..gonna get the toshiba nb205 for such a great battery :]
post #71 of 89
Newegg has the ASUS 1201N as of ~10PM EST yesterday. I caught it and snapped one right up. I'll let you know how it is when it arrives ^_^
post #72 of 89
I have the Asus 1000HE and it's great for web browsing and word documents. It's a great student netbook.

The biggest problem I have with it is the sound. The onboard speakers are weak and the headphone jack is also pretty weak. The headphone out on my iPhone is much better in quality and volume compared to the 1000HE.
post #73 of 89
Anyone have any ideas on what to get for around $400, has g+n wifi card, and not vista?

aspire one looks good, but I can't find any with the wifi card.
A dell mini 10 is looking great right now.
post #74 of 89
hmm..maybe the eee pc 1005ha? i was looking at that and it comes with xp and im pretty sure it has a n wifi card
post #75 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawrster View Post
hmm..maybe the eee pc 1005ha? i was looking at that and it comes with xp and im pretty sure it has a n wifi card
argh, haha, another option.
it does look pretty sweet, too... Thanks for the heads up.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home