- 80 Posts. Joined 1/2010
- Location: Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Recommend me a neutral IEM with great soundstage and controlled bass Last post on 12/19/10 at 7:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Poll: How do you wear yours? Last post on 10/15/13 at 8:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- D5000 equivalent IEMs Last post on 11/7/12 at 5:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I require fun, fun, FUN! Last post on 10/12/12 at 7:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Mixing and Listening? Last post on 10/1/12 at 8:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I said DON'T TALK !!
i never usually write reviews, but when i do, its usually with underrated earphones/headphones, because i think they do deserve some justice. just a background, i own headphones like brainwavz,...
Rather than go into the esoteric aspects of the sound signature (not really sure if all the nomenclature actually means the same thing to everyone) I'm going to approach this review from a little...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Your favorite W3 Tips - Page 9
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Think the modded...I really think that the modded triflange to a biflange is definately my fav out of the stock tips. Makes a huge diff if you ask me. Just cut off the smallest tip... Better seal too...
* Tall Complys - best fit and comfort and no sibilance but muffled and overly dark sound. Give up quite fast.
* Moded tri-flanges - good isolation and no sibilance but uncomfortable and still somewhat veiled mids and highs
* Medium olives - little isolation, weak buss and screechy highs
* Rest of stock tips - either can't fit or no isolation
Not got the 3's but got the twos. So far either p series complys or modded biflange but neither are perfect. Seriously considering getting them reshelled by fisher, but not sure if they are worth it. Mind you after the expense of buying the various tips it would have probably covered the process anyway!
Is there a point in doing custom mold sleeves for W3? I mean W3 plus the mold would probably buy comparable or better in SQ custom IEM or not?
And in general which companies here in US do the sleeves for W3?
sleeves...let's see, 1964 ears, maybe kozeesoundsolutions, though there website says they are intended for earbuds...http://kozeesolutions.com/
There are double-flanged ones or you made that? If made, how? =o
Looks like fun.
- Your favorite W3 Tips
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 21 seconds ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 45 seconds ago
- › Best recorded albums of all time? 1 minute ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › "Colouration" of a DAP's sound - How does it work? 3 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 318 IEMs compared (Impressions of DN-2000,... 4 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 4 minutes ago
- › FS: RSA Protector 5 minutes ago
- › Westone Elite Series ES60 by Lorias
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by emanlee
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by shockdoc
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)