- 80 Posts. Joined 1/2010
- Location: Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Recommend me a neutral IEM with great soundstage and controlled bass Last post on 12/19/10 at 7:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Poll: How do you wear yours? Last post on 10/15/13 at 8:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- D5000 equivalent IEMs Last post on 11/7/12 at 5:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I require fun, fun, FUN! Last post on 10/12/12 at 7:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Mixing and Listening? Last post on 10/1/12 at 8:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
AMPSANDSOUNDS KENZIE- what....a....WEEK! The Kenzie is handmade in Southern California with U.S.-sourced parts and custom hand-wound output transformers from Transcender, out of Hollister, CA....
Following the HD600s, I had simply obtained the Superlux 668b as a point of comparison and reference, as it is a well know and popular budget Headphone. My brother also uses a pair that he swears...
In an age where (multi-driver) hybrids are all the rage, the G3 is a single dynamic from a maker known for well-regarded, modestly-price earbuds. I bought these after reading the frenetic praise...
Accutone is a company that specializes in hands-free communications solutions but they've taken their experience and expertise and used it to create a series of consumer earphones. From their...
IntroductionWhen I first reviewed Schiit Audio's original Modi/Vali stack many moons ago, I walked away very impressed to say the least. Not only was it a cost effective solution for the budding...
Your favorite W3 Tips - Page 9post #121 of 1423/25/10 at 10:07amFor those who experienced sibilance with the W3, what tips do you use to overcome the problem. I'm on the verge of selling mind unless I can fix the sibilance.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 1423/25/10 at 11:53ampost #123 of 1423/25/10 at 12:36pmpost #124 of 1423/25/10 at 1:35pmI'm using the comply now and it seems to fix the problem a bit but I need something that can last more than one month of abuse. Complys and Olives are not cheap here in Vietnam.post #125 of 1423/26/10 at 1:45amde-core the shortest comply tips, and use the core to put on sony hybrids. sony hybrids work wonders with the Westone 3's. Great comfort, and they sound just right. With complys, I find that the highs are too muffled. The hybrids maintain the highs and there is hardly any sibilance. If there is sibilance present, it is probably due to the source.post #126 of 1424/4/10 at 10:07pm^ Interesting. I just ordered some Klipsch tips to try and use (on my last pair of included Comply's now) so once I get those I'll be able to compare. Using solely the comply's though I like them; amazing comfort and great isolation. Problem is they get kinda... yucky after a while and they cost money :/post #127 of 1424/6/10 at 12:57am
Think the modded...I really think that the modded triflange to a biflange is definately my fav out of the stock tips. Makes a huge diff if you ask me. Just cut off the smallest tip... Better seal too...post #128 of 1421/30/11 at 10:53amI'm still on a search for a good W3 tip. For now at best W3 sound on par or worse than my Pana HJE900. Tips so far:
* Tall Complys - best fit and comfort and no sibilance but muffled and overly dark sound. Give up quite fast.
* Moded tri-flanges - good isolation and no sibilance but uncomfortable and still somewhat veiled mids and highs
* Medium olives - little isolation, weak buss and screechy highs
* Rest of stock tips - either can't fit or no isolationpost #129 of 1421/30/11 at 10:59ampost #130 of 1421/30/11 at 4:04pmThanks Lucozade. I don't have now Monster double-flange supertips but inspired by your post did a next best thing. I circumcised Ety tri-flanges cutting off the top flange and also cut off the millimiter or two from the stem making them effectively double-flanges. Versus stem-less tri-flanges DIY double-flanged indeed ballanced the sound a bit opening detail while still keeping sibilance under control. Some tracks sound simply gorgeous now on W3 with incredible detail and ambience and female vocals are to die for. Still no cigar - other tracks, especially fast rock and metal, are still boomy and too warm in mids. Maybe I'll buy some supertips but for me jury on W3 vs Panas HJE is still out. So far I see them as at least $200 overpriced.post #131 of 1421/31/11 at 2:18pm
Not got the 3's but got the twos. So far either p series complys or modded biflange but neither are perfect. Seriously considering getting them reshelled by fisher, but not sure if they are worth it. Mind you after the expense of buying the various tips it would have probably covered the process anyway!post #132 of 1421/31/11 at 2:39pm
Is there a point in doing custom mold sleeves for W3? I mean W3 plus the mold would probably buy comparable or better in SQ custom IEM or not?
And in general which companies here in US do the sleeves for W3?post #133 of 1421/31/11 at 2:51pmQuote:
sleeves...let's see, 1964 ears, maybe kozeesoundsolutions, though there website says they are intended for earbuds...http://kozeesolutions.com/post #134 of 1421/31/11 at 6:37pmQuote:
There are double-flanged ones or you made that? If made, how? =o
Looks like fun.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Your favorite W3 Tips
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Three Word Story 41 seconds ago
- › Pittsburgh HeadPhile Meet! 49 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue D 2 minutes ago
- › 2016 Southeastern Michigan FALL Head-Fi Meet: SATURDAY, OCTOBER... 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 4 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 5 minutes ago
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by ngoshawk
- › Superlux HD-668 B by snapacap
- › TY Hi-Z G3 by loomisjohnson
- › Accutone Pisces BA Hybrid IEM by crabdog
- › Schiit Modi Multibit by Trogdor
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by Mimouille
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Currawong
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by vincik
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by subguy812
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by suman134
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear