And i have sound stage with my apple earbuds.
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/11/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/11/11
- productSandisk Sansa Clip 8GB MP3 Player (Black)tagged by System, 6/13/11
- productSanDisk Sansa Fuze 2 GB Video MP3 Player (Black)tagged by System, 8/11/11
- productSanDisk Sansa Fuze V2tagged by System, 8/11/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 6/13/11
Related Forum Threads
- One of many... Last post on 10/17/11 at 10:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed cans for a Sennheiser HD 600/650 fan Last post on 10/29/11 at 6:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones & amp for Foosball playing Last post on 8/31/11 at 11:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Most Detailed Headphones for Portable Use (Smartphone or iPod) Last post on 8/25/11 at 5:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need portable amp with Sennheiser HD650. Need Advice Last post on 8/28/11 at 11:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Very detailed quality sound . I am able to find details which missed before. Details with layer and staging. Staging and positioning isn't huge or odd. But I can feel it in my head when listening...
Disclaimer Firstly, I would like to thank the 1More team for giving these to me for the purpose of this review. All impressions will be made from as much as an objective standpoint as possible....
This is a review of the Advanced AcousticWerkes Nebula 2 IEM’s. The Advanced AcousticWerkes (AAW) Nebula 2 was sent to me from MusicTeck who is the authorized dealer in the US for AWW. A big...
About me: [[SPOILER]] Preamble:Brainwavz being based in Hongkong is quite known for its well set-up line of Accessories and IEMs. Back in the day, I was fairly active in modding my still beloved...
On my quest for the perfect sounding IEM for mobile use I came across these headphones that are rather underrepresented in the forum. The Panasonic RP-HDE10 are technically quite interesting as...
Shock discovery! Sansa clip earphones sound like Hd650! - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 588/10/11 at 10:47pmpost #48 of 588/11/11 at 12:02ampost #49 of 588/29/11 at 2:55pm
I always throw the Sansa stock earbuds away. I listen to each one of them and just do not like them. I much prefer the stock Cowon D2 earbuds. Now those did sound OK. The other ones I like came from a chinese Onda player. I can't remember the model. The Sansas on the other hand are not that great. Cheap $10 Sony earbuds sound better.post #50 of 581/21/12 at 9:46am
I have three sets of earbuds from different players and they sound very different:
From a Sansa e250R
Design: 3 small side holes in the back, not covered by foam pad. Long rubber strain relief from each earbud
Sound: Forward mids, weak lows and bass, okay highs with strong rolloff, good clarity
From a Sansa c240
Design: 5 small top holes in the back, not covered by foam pad. Short rubber strain relief from each earbud
Sound: Recessed mids, very boomy low-mids, which makes it sound like they lack clarity, weak highs
From a Sansa Connect
Design: 3 small side holes in the back, covered by foam pad. No rubber strain relief at all from each earbud
Sound: Forward mids, acceptable lows and bass, okay highs with strong rolloff, good clarity
The one from the Connect do sound a lot like my Sennheiser HD535 amped, with a bit less extension both ends.post #51 of 589/9/12 at 12:29am
Yeah I agree that the Sansa Clip+ stock earphones sound good, too good to be exact for me. At first try I found them a little muddy and bloated, but after using them for a month or two those babies really did opened up, they sound very clear and smooth, but they lack extensions on both ends (highs and lows)... But hey they are stock earphones, and I can't compare any stock earphones that can beat them (for me )... And for that I can Endure a very long process of saving up money to buy a mid-fi Hp, portable amp and other things that I'm going to buypost #52 of 584/25/13 at 1:44pm
This thread =
I love my sansa but the stock buds are just awful.
The old apple stock earbuds are better.
The Philips SHE3000 are way better than the old apple earbuds.
The stock buds which came with my Live Walkman (Sony MH410) are way better than the SHE3000post #53 of 584/12/14 at 2:55pm
The Sennheiser MX475 earbuds (€25) are clearly superior to the sansa stock buds that come with the Sansa Clip Zip. They have greater clarity, a more detailed sound, a larger soundstage, better imaging, less sibilance (the Sansa buds really hurt my ears with their harsh sibilance) and less harmonic distortion. They really sound quite a lot better. And although the sansa buds are a bit heavy on the mid bass, the mid bass disappears on some songs as it is pushed away by the mids (the drivers are not of very high quality). The Sennheiser's, with better quality drivers, do not suffer from this problem.
The sansa stock buds are certainly not terrible, for stock buds, but they don't sound excellent either. If you spend €25 on e.g. the Sennheiser MX475 earbuds you can get much better sound from your Clip Zip.post #54 of 584/19/14 at 7:51ampost #55 of 584/19/14 at 9:13am
What mod are you talking about? Can you clarify your point further. I'm not sure what I can deduce from your picture, I only see that you don't have ear pads over your sansa buds. Is the mod removing the ear pads which are glued on? I don't think this will solve the many shortcomings of the sansa buds compared to the MX475. Immersion is simply much lower with the Sansa buds.post #56 of 584/19/14 at 9:20ampost #57 of 584/19/14 at 10:46am
Ok, thanks for clarifying. But I wonder if you've ever listened to the Sennheiser MX475 earbuds. I have listened to them extensively and they are the best earbuds in their price range I've ever heard. I don't think a very cheap Sansa earbud with ear pad and plastic removed can beat it.post #58 of 584/19/14 at 5:16pmReading through this thread some of it is pretty funny but I agree that some of those old buds were decent enough. Coincidentally a few days ago I dusted off some old earbuds to try with a new Hifimediy USB DAC (idle curiosity, not serious enquiry).
I have two different sets of buds which came with iRiver players between 7 and 10 years ago: one is a mediocre iRiver branded generic item and the other is branded both iRiver and Sennheiser, appears to be MX 400, and sounds acceptable, certainly better than those I've received with Nokia and Archos phones and tablets, or with Sansa Clip+ and Fuze v2 players (I threw out the Sansa buds, no regrets).
I also have an older pair of Sennheiser MX-5 which at the time I bought them (2001 I think) was Sennheiser's top of the line earbud, and which I originally used with a MiniDisc Walkman. It does sound quite good and I remember liking the sound at the time but also being very frustrated at zero isolation. I used to travel a lot and was pleased and relieved when in ear monitors/ear canal earphones appeared and haven't used earbuds since. I've not yet lived anywhere so quiet that earbuds are much use outdoors and in any case if isolation isn't required the Koss KSC75 are so superior to all these earbuds that the buds are pointless unless using a very low output player that struggles with slightly higher impedance 'phones ...errr.. like a Clip...
I think I just talked myself into donating all my earbuds to a charity shop.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shock discovery! Sansa clip earphones sound like Hd650!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 1 minute ago
- › Sony XBA-A3 - Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-E70, ATH-E50, ATH-E40 IEMs announced at NAMM 2016 2 minutes ago
- › Like New - Audio Technica ATH-M50x w/Shure HPAEC840 Pads 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 2 minutes ago
- › JH Audio JH5pro thread 3 minutes ago
- › [FS] SONY NWZ-A17 64GB DAP 5 minutes ago
- › WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO BUY A EXPENSIVE HEADPHONE THAT HAS A TERRIBLE... 5 minutes ago
- › Doubt about maximum impedance for my audio interface 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by dubbcd
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones with Microphone and Remote... by dnun8086
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by peter123
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by FUYU
- › Panasonic sealed earphone high-res sound source Silver RP-HDE10-S by Ralphee
- › SMSL sApII TPA6120A2 Big Power High Fidelity Stereo Headphone... by richyboy
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by crabdog
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by Prosie
- › Soundaware Esther by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by MaximumEnnui
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...