And i have sound stage with my apple earbuds.
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/11/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/11/11
- productSandisk Sansa Clip 8GB MP3 Player (Black)tagged by System, 6/13/11
- productSanDisk Sansa Fuze 2 GB Video MP3 Player (Black)tagged by System, 8/11/11
- productSanDisk Sansa Fuze V2tagged by System, 8/11/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 6/13/11
Related Forum Threads
- One of many... Last post on 10/17/11 at 10:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed cans for a Sennheiser HD 600/650 fan Last post on 10/29/11 at 6:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones & amp for Foosball playing Last post on 8/31/11 at 11:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Most Detailed Headphones for Portable Use (Smartphone or iPod) Last post on 8/25/11 at 5:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need portable amp with Sennheiser HD650. Need Advice Last post on 8/28/11 at 11:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Master & Dynamic for providing me with a review sample of ME03 in exchange for my honest opinion. Master & Dynamic definitely knows how to build...
Hey the bang for your buck ratio is great for these. I got them years ago for $500. I've been using them to replace the little tin box in my TV for years. The satellite surrounds are ignored/not...
So this is my first day impression of the Emotiva Stealth 8 speakers and I will be updating every week untilll I have come to the conclusion that I've finally made it through the burn-in process....
Intro Well, after almost two years on Head-fi, I feel it is time to put my words out there and write my first review. In doing so, I feel it is only right that it be about the newly released...
OK This is my first headphone review so please be easy. I am not much on technical terms and such. I know what I like but is difficult to come to words at times. A little about me: Love most...
Shock discovery! Sansa clip earphones sound like Hd650! - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 588/10/11 at 10:47pmpost #48 of 588/11/11 at 12:02ampost #49 of 588/29/11 at 2:55pm
I always throw the Sansa stock earbuds away. I listen to each one of them and just do not like them. I much prefer the stock Cowon D2 earbuds. Now those did sound OK. The other ones I like came from a chinese Onda player. I can't remember the model. The Sansas on the other hand are not that great. Cheap $10 Sony earbuds sound better.post #50 of 581/21/12 at 9:46am
I have three sets of earbuds from different players and they sound very different:
From a Sansa e250R
Design: 3 small side holes in the back, not covered by foam pad. Long rubber strain relief from each earbud
Sound: Forward mids, weak lows and bass, okay highs with strong rolloff, good clarity
From a Sansa c240
Design: 5 small top holes in the back, not covered by foam pad. Short rubber strain relief from each earbud
Sound: Recessed mids, very boomy low-mids, which makes it sound like they lack clarity, weak highs
From a Sansa Connect
Design: 3 small side holes in the back, covered by foam pad. No rubber strain relief at all from each earbud
Sound: Forward mids, acceptable lows and bass, okay highs with strong rolloff, good clarity
The one from the Connect do sound a lot like my Sennheiser HD535 amped, with a bit less extension both ends.post #51 of 589/9/12 at 12:29am
Yeah I agree that the Sansa Clip+ stock earphones sound good, too good to be exact for me. At first try I found them a little muddy and bloated, but after using them for a month or two those babies really did opened up, they sound very clear and smooth, but they lack extensions on both ends (highs and lows)... But hey they are stock earphones, and I can't compare any stock earphones that can beat them (for me )... And for that I can Endure a very long process of saving up money to buy a mid-fi Hp, portable amp and other things that I'm going to buypost #52 of 584/25/13 at 1:44pm
This thread =
I love my sansa but the stock buds are just awful.
The old apple stock earbuds are better.
The Philips SHE3000 are way better than the old apple earbuds.
The stock buds which came with my Live Walkman (Sony MH410) are way better than the SHE3000post #53 of 584/12/14 at 2:55pm
The Sennheiser MX475 earbuds (€25) are clearly superior to the sansa stock buds that come with the Sansa Clip Zip. They have greater clarity, a more detailed sound, a larger soundstage, better imaging, less sibilance (the Sansa buds really hurt my ears with their harsh sibilance) and less harmonic distortion. They really sound quite a lot better. And although the sansa buds are a bit heavy on the mid bass, the mid bass disappears on some songs as it is pushed away by the mids (the drivers are not of very high quality). The Sennheiser's, with better quality drivers, do not suffer from this problem.
The sansa stock buds are certainly not terrible, for stock buds, but they don't sound excellent either. If you spend €25 on e.g. the Sennheiser MX475 earbuds you can get much better sound from your Clip Zip.post #54 of 584/19/14 at 7:51ampost #55 of 584/19/14 at 9:13am
What mod are you talking about? Can you clarify your point further. I'm not sure what I can deduce from your picture, I only see that you don't have ear pads over your sansa buds. Is the mod removing the ear pads which are glued on? I don't think this will solve the many shortcomings of the sansa buds compared to the MX475. Immersion is simply much lower with the Sansa buds.post #56 of 584/19/14 at 9:20ampost #57 of 584/19/14 at 10:46am
Ok, thanks for clarifying. But I wonder if you've ever listened to the Sennheiser MX475 earbuds. I have listened to them extensively and they are the best earbuds in their price range I've ever heard. I don't think a very cheap Sansa earbud with ear pad and plastic removed can beat it.post #58 of 584/19/14 at 5:16pmReading through this thread some of it is pretty funny but I agree that some of those old buds were decent enough. Coincidentally a few days ago I dusted off some old earbuds to try with a new Hifimediy USB DAC (idle curiosity, not serious enquiry).
I have two different sets of buds which came with iRiver players between 7 and 10 years ago: one is a mediocre iRiver branded generic item and the other is branded both iRiver and Sennheiser, appears to be MX 400, and sounds acceptable, certainly better than those I've received with Nokia and Archos phones and tablets, or with Sansa Clip+ and Fuze v2 players (I threw out the Sansa buds, no regrets).
I also have an older pair of Sennheiser MX-5 which at the time I bought them (2001 I think) was Sennheiser's top of the line earbud, and which I originally used with a MiniDisc Walkman. It does sound quite good and I remember liking the sound at the time but also being very frustrated at zero isolation. I used to travel a lot and was pleased and relieved when in ear monitors/ear canal earphones appeared and haven't used earbuds since. I've not yet lived anywhere so quiet that earbuds are much use outdoors and in any case if isolation isn't required the Koss KSC75 are so superior to all these earbuds that the buds are pointless unless using a very low output player that struggles with slightly higher impedance 'phones ...errr.. like a Clip...
I think I just talked myself into donating all my earbuds to a charity shop.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shock discovery! Sansa clip earphones sound like Hd650!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 16 seconds ago
- › JVC HA-FXZ 100/200 28 seconds ago
- › jvc fx750 appreciation thread 1 minute ago
- › Denon AHM-M400 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › VSonic VSD5 Impressions/Appreciation Thread. VSonic's answer to... 2 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 3 minutes ago
- › Considering Beats Studio 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 4 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3