- productAudio Technica W5000tagged by System, 8/3/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/3/11
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 8/3/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/3/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/3/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 8/3/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 8/3/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 8/3/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD 600s or HD 650s for rock / techno? Last post on 8/19/11 at 12:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Out to buy my first set of real headphones...looking for some open ear choices under $300 Last post on 6/27/12 at 8:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- so i just got some K 701's.... Last post on 10/6/11 at 12:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones for me Last post on 12/27/12 at 12:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650 questions (head size, amp/dac and more) Last post on 11/5/11 at 11:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product TroubleshootLast edited: 6/17/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time this review was written the iBasso D14 Bushmaster DAC/Amplifier was for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to iBasso’s product page display, and also a listing on Penon...
I've owned this for about 6 months when I bought it direct from China. As a 68 year old it took me back to a time when I used to go to live concerts. But there were hidden costs involved. Firstly...
I`ve had the ATH-A900 LTD in 10 years and they still play very well indeed! I checked out the sound quality this week against the best they had in our local hi-fi store and the ones I heard wasn`t...
BRIEF SUMMARY The HD800 has always been my goal ever since I started on my audio journey 5 years ago, but I was into portable audio back then and the price of the HD800 were fairly expensive so...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
HD650 vs Grado 225 - Page 3post #31 of 3412/15/08 at 7:48am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 3412/15/08 at 2:57pmpost #33 of 348/3/11 at 8:24am
I have the little dot mkii as well, paired with the little dot dac ii and grado sr125. They sound great; i put the GS1000 pads on the sr125's. This pushed the drivers out and made the soundstage huge. The senn HD650 arrived 2 days ago and are not broken in but they sound, well not broken in yet. They do make the grado sound bright.post #34 of 348/3/11 at 8:45amQuote:Originally Posted by maze400
I have the little dot mkii as well, paired with the little dot dac ii and grado sr125. They sound great; i put the GS1000 pads on the sr125's. This pushed the drivers out and made the soundstage huge. The senn HD650 arrived 2 days ago and are not broken in but they sound, well not broken in yet. They do make the grado sound bright.
I bet they started sounding sort of lame though. When I put my jumbo's on, the SS definitely increases at the expense what makes a Grado a Grado IMO. They increase comfort quite a bit and they are fine for acoustic stuff but you still lose something. I dont regret buying them but they are definitely a mixed bag.
BTW this thread is three years old...just sayin, but welcome to head fi
- HD650 vs Grado 225
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 4 seconds ago
- › Upgrade over HD555 – something else/need change 26 seconds ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 33 seconds ago
- › Need reccomendation on wireless headphones 55 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 1 minute ago
- › Philips X2 - Incl. X-Bass Pads - PRICE LOWERED - Early Purchase,... 3 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › ampsandsound Mogwai Single-Ended Amplifier by dmhenley
- › Cleer DJ Professional DJ Headphone by moedawg140
- › RHA MA750 by bobghosh
- › Questyle CMA600i "Current Mode Amplification" Headphone... by glassmonkey
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...