- productAudio Technica W5000tagged by System, 8/3/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/3/11
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 8/3/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/3/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/3/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 8/3/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 8/3/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 8/3/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD 600s or HD 650s for rock / techno? Last post on 8/19/11 at 12:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Out to buy my first set of real headphones...looking for some open ear choices under $300 Last post on 6/27/12 at 8:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- so i just got some K 701's.... Last post on 10/6/11 at 12:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones for me Last post on 12/27/12 at 12:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650 questions (head size, amp/dac and more) Last post on 11/5/11 at 11:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product TroubleshootLast edited: 6/17/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
-Introduction- HifiMe is a company that specializes in building bare-bones DAC with no frills, focusing entirely on price-to-performance ratios. That’s a good thing for audiophiles on a budget,...
-Introduction- It’s not often I have the chance to review products as high-end as the ZMF x Vibro MK II. I approached Zach in July, and asked for a loaner unit. One wasn’t readily available...
Firstly, many thanks to iFi for the loan of this amp. I am not affiliated with iFi, just a regular Head-Fi addict to happens to be lucky enough to get loan units now and again from the generous iFi...
The Grado SR80i presents everything very nicely, almost romantic, you can hear everything, until you start comparing. Its not the most detailed, however it is very transparent. Its soundstage is...
Acknowledgment Thanks Arcam of Cambridge for including me in the UK tour in exchange for my honest opinion.IntroductionThe more I look at the audio industry, the more amazed I am at the number of...
HD650 vs Grado 225 - Page 3post #31 of 3412/15/08 at 7:48am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 3412/15/08 at 2:57pmpost #33 of 348/3/11 at 8:24am
I have the little dot mkii as well, paired with the little dot dac ii and grado sr125. They sound great; i put the GS1000 pads on the sr125's. This pushed the drivers out and made the soundstage huge. The senn HD650 arrived 2 days ago and are not broken in but they sound, well not broken in yet. They do make the grado sound bright.post #34 of 348/3/11 at 8:45amQuote:Originally Posted by maze400
I have the little dot mkii as well, paired with the little dot dac ii and grado sr125. They sound great; i put the GS1000 pads on the sr125's. This pushed the drivers out and made the soundstage huge. The senn HD650 arrived 2 days ago and are not broken in but they sound, well not broken in yet. They do make the grado sound bright.
I bet they started sounding sort of lame though. When I put my jumbo's on, the SS definitely increases at the expense what makes a Grado a Grado IMO. They increase comfort quite a bit and they are fine for acoustic stuff but you still lose something. I dont regret buying them but they are definitely a mixed bag.
BTW this thread is three years old...just sayin, but welcome to head fi
- HD650 vs Grado 225
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
- › Three Word Story 18 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 39 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 55 seconds ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Modders Go Nhoord?!?! 5 minutes ago
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by Cinder
- › ZMF Headphones x Vibro MK II by Cinder
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Turrican2
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Bloos
- › Arcam rHead - Discrete True-linear Class-A Analogue Headphone... by glassmonkey
- › Cayin iHA-6 by Dillan
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by Dillan
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by harry501501
- › TY Hi-Z 32ohm HiFi Earbuds Earphone by Himpedance
- › RHA MA750i by meetpatel3686
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...