- productAudio Technica W5000tagged by System, 8/3/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/3/11
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 8/3/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/3/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/3/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 8/3/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 8/3/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 8/3/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD 600s or HD 650s for rock / techno? Last post on 8/19/11 at 12:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Out to buy my first set of real headphones...looking for some open ear choices under $300 Last post on 6/27/12 at 8:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- so i just got some K 701's.... Last post on 10/6/11 at 12:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones for me Last post on 12/27/12 at 12:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650 questions (head size, amp/dac and more) Last post on 11/5/11 at 11:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product TroubleshootLast edited: 6/17/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I'll start off by saying I am by no means an audiophile, just a kid with some money and a passion for music. These headphones, as far as I can tell, have more prominent mids than most...
Let me just say one thing up front: if you have any complaints about the speed or the bass extension of these headphones, you need a better headphone amp. /endofdiscussion The HD600s will take the...
Sound is neutral with a slight mid bass tilt. Highs and lows are well extended. Sound stage is large for an iem. The bass has some impact without being boomy. The treble is clear without...
Thanks to Vivian from DUNU, I was able to listen to the best IEMs I place in my ears. I have reviewed a few IEMs such as the MEELEC M9, A151, CC51, M-DUO, JVC FXT90 and recently the Havi B3P1, but...
These have nice dynamics and are flatter than some headphones. Despite that the low-end still has enough gusto to bring tracks to life. Another benefit is the detachable cable which uses a 5N OFC...
HD650 vs Grado 225 - Page 3post #31 of 3412/15/08 at 7:48am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 3412/15/08 at 2:57pmpost #33 of 348/3/11 at 8:24am
I have the little dot mkii as well, paired with the little dot dac ii and grado sr125. They sound great; i put the GS1000 pads on the sr125's. This pushed the drivers out and made the soundstage huge. The senn HD650 arrived 2 days ago and are not broken in but they sound, well not broken in yet. They do make the grado sound bright.post #34 of 348/3/11 at 8:45amQuote:Originally Posted by maze400
I have the little dot mkii as well, paired with the little dot dac ii and grado sr125. They sound great; i put the GS1000 pads on the sr125's. This pushed the drivers out and made the soundstage huge. The senn HD650 arrived 2 days ago and are not broken in but they sound, well not broken in yet. They do make the grado sound bright.
I bet they started sounding sort of lame though. When I put my jumbo's on, the SS definitely increases at the expense what makes a Grado a Grado IMO. They increase comfort quite a bit and they are fine for acoustic stuff but you still lose something. I dont regret buying them but they are definitely a mixed bag.
BTW this thread is three years old...just sayin, but welcome to head fi
- HD650 vs Grado 225
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 7 seconds ago
- › UK 2015 Head-Fi Meet (Cambridge - Saturday 25th April) 19 seconds ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . . . . dap FW... 23 seconds ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 35 seconds ago
- › Leonard Nimoy aka Spock has passed 36 seconds ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 38 seconds ago
- › The Woo Audio 2 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015: X2 -partial-,... 2 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › macbook pro - acoustics bt3. which dac should i buy? currently... 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Miles Davis Trumpet High Performance In-ear Headphones by Merfolk
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Niyologist
- › Goldring DR100 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by interpolate
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Delance26
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by Baycode
- › Etymotic Research Isolator MK5 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Earphones by eyal1983
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold by Frank I
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Inks
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3