- productAudio Technica W5000tagged by System, 8/3/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/3/11
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 8/3/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/3/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/3/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 8/3/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 8/3/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 8/3/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD 600s or HD 650s for rock / techno? Last post on 8/19/11 at 12:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Out to buy my first set of real headphones...looking for some open ear choices under $300 Last post on 6/27/12 at 8:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- so i just got some K 701's.... Last post on 10/6/11 at 12:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones for me Last post on 12/27/12 at 12:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650 questions (head size, amp/dac and more) Last post on 11/5/11 at 11:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product TroubleshootLast edited: 6/17/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
In short words: The Fidue is on par with the Sony EX1000 (little less sound stage and depth, but better, more flat sound signature) Downside: Cable plugs to the earphone speakers was...
I am an audiophile and these cans really deliver! Spacious and open with a neutral but pacy kick. These phones are the business but deserve a headphone amp to really bounce! Nevertheless, you will...
HiFiMAN RE-300h Review with RE-400 comparisons and comments Disclaimer: The following review is my subjective assessment of the headphone. I am in no way affiliated with HiFiMAN nor am I...
Sorry for no actual review as i have just got into audio recently and this is my first pair or good headphones. But even i could tell there was alot of sub bass not loud but its definitely...
Ever since picking these IEMs up, they have been my go-to pair for almost every genre of music. They provide a great balance of neutrality paired with extremely forward and lush mids which do not...
HD650 vs Grado 225 - Page 3post #31 of 3412/15/08 at 7:48am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 3412/15/08 at 2:57pmpost #33 of 348/3/11 at 8:24am
I have the little dot mkii as well, paired with the little dot dac ii and grado sr125. They sound great; i put the GS1000 pads on the sr125's. This pushed the drivers out and made the soundstage huge. The senn HD650 arrived 2 days ago and are not broken in but they sound, well not broken in yet. They do make the grado sound bright.post #34 of 348/3/11 at 8:45amQuote:Originally Posted by maze400
I have the little dot mkii as well, paired with the little dot dac ii and grado sr125. They sound great; i put the GS1000 pads on the sr125's. This pushed the drivers out and made the soundstage huge. The senn HD650 arrived 2 days ago and are not broken in but they sound, well not broken in yet. They do make the grado sound bright.
I bet they started sounding sort of lame though. When I put my jumbo's on, the SS definitely increases at the expense what makes a Grado a Grado IMO. They increase comfort quite a bit and they are fine for acoustic stuff but you still lose something. I dont regret buying them but they are definitely a mixed bag.
BTW this thread is three years old...just sayin, but welcome to head fi
- HD650 vs Grado 225
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-CKR9 & ATH-CKR10 1 minute ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!! 2 minutes ago
- › How many types of DTS are there? 2 minutes ago
- › Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB! 2 minutes ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions,... 3 minutes ago
- › How to prevent cable fraying? 3 minutes ago
- › High resolution music vs mp3. 3 minutes ago
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Airwin
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3