Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › REVIEW: Audiotailor “Jade” Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

REVIEW: Audiotailor “Jade” Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier - Page 11

post #151 of 920
So the current price of these are $300 shipped to the US? Also, is there a website to order from or do I just talk with audiotailor directly? Getting closer to pulling the trigger on it.
post #152 of 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dat_Dude View Post
So the current price of these are $300 shipped to the US? Also, is there a website to order from or do I just talk with audiotailor directly? Getting closer to pulling the trigger on it.
Yes ! US$300 shipped to USA. Other country like Europe additional US$30 on shipping. Paypal charge US$11 if you pay by Paypal.

Free upgrade to IEC AC sockets , 2 Input , High/Low switch order before end of May. Jade also can operated in Balance Mode. We will supply a balance cable for HD600/HD650 soon. It also suitable for other Cans but need modify on Can. It can delivery double output voltage to Headphone. (Around 3 to 4 times output power). It will be very helpful on high impedance Headphones.
post #153 of 920
i am also being sad that u now offer free upgrade to IEC AC sockets after i get it, but anyway, it seems an easy modification for change it to IEC (although it must not as tidy as original factory made)

As a kind recommendation to you, please make sure what have you finalized before putting on market, otherwise, you will make those people who bought in early batches got fooled, and finally, not one will be the first customer to your product, as all will not know will it be "modified" later.

Just a little comment to it.
post #154 of 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldwine View Post
i am also being sad that u now offer free upgrade to IEC AC sockets after i get it, but anyway, it seems an easy modification for change it to IEC (although it must not as tidy as original factory made)

As a kind recommendation to you, please make sure what have you finalized before putting on market, otherwise, you will make those people who bought in early batches got fooled, and finally, not one will be the first customer to your product, as all will not know will it be "modified" later.

Just a little comment to it.
Thank for your suggestion very much. First batch of customers will become our VIP. Who will benifite in special 10% DISCOUNT or Free shipping when reorder our products. We also can supplier free upgrade parts to them if need(Include free shipping). We can supplier Rear Panel & IEC socket & cable to first batch customers. Please feel free to email me.
We will have a balanced Cable for HD600/650. It is special design for GK1 & Jade with +- phase output Jack. Jade & GK1 also have 2 output Jack. One Jack is Phase + & other is -. So it can work in balanced out Mode to improve power and sound. We will offer a free Cable as gift to first batch of customer who already received Jade without IEC socket.
post #155 of 920
just curious, will I receive the version with all the upgrades?

-JC
post #156 of 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by theScribe View Post
just curious, will I receive the version with all the upgrades?

-JC
Yes ! You will receive High/Low switch , 2 Input ,IEC socket version.
post #157 of 920
Audiotailor,

Another quick question for you. If I wanted an output loop instead of a second input would the price remain the same?
post #158 of 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.khali View Post
Audiotailor,

Another quick question for you. If I wanted an output loop instead of a second input would the price remain the same?
Yes ! It is at same Price but you should told me when order.
post #159 of 920
oldwine,
Any more impressions of this Amp after a little more burn in time?
post #160 of 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dat_Dude View Post
oldwine,
Any more impressions of this Amp after a little more burn in time?
The most thing i admire is, it does not generate much heat, at least much less then the LD and DV products ( i said those amp can used as egg cooker after opened in 1 hr). Also, with the cage installed, u dun need to afraid to be hurt by accident. (however, the screw position is a bit narrow, u need a slim and long screw-driver to fasten them)

For the sound, after about 50hr burn in, my first impression is (on SA5000 and DT880) powerful, fast and accurate.

As i just bought a new SACD player, and i have rearranged the equipment, i think i need more time to let everything stabilized, before making more detailed comment on it.

Maybe, this Easter holiday is a good chance for me to stay in home and enjoy it well

PS. i have tried to put SA5000 and DT800 on both jacks, switched their jacks and let them plug in alone, it is true to give difference signature!
post #161 of 920
been playing with the jade for two weeks with various headphones.

I am running Macbook Pro (FLAC, 320, VBR) -> HR MicroDAC 05 -> Jade -> HD650/DT770 80 ohm/SR60.

The warm sounding output makes the HD650s lush lush lush, perfect to my ears. I could finally sit for hours just exploring this thing.

The amp, being a tube, doesn't pair as well with the DT770s. I think a SS amp would give the DT770s back its recessed mids and rather muddy treble. (The bass is almost 3d and tight though! Very fun to blast wu-tang clan or Tiesto if you're into that type of music)

It pairs well with the SR60s. Sounds like a completely new phone through the "warm" output, no more treble harshness. Just a great blend of warmth and clear (not overly bright) treble.

Gosh, to think... I sound like one of YOU guys now. Lol, my friends has been more and more skeptical, but audiophilia is not BS. I can hear a clear difference between a good setup and bad setup. I was very skeptical once, thought you guys were crazy and had this six sense in sound, but it takes a while for your brain to warm up to good audio.

Headphones make about 80% of the sound difference, the Amp/Source (although i only had experience with MicroDAC over Macbook Pro) makes up the other 20%.

It's very beautifully built. More so than the EF1 and compared to most other amps on Pacific Valve looking at the pictures. The brushed black steel looks very classy.

That's my report. I will call this the HD650 mate. My first tube amp.

-JC
post #162 of 920
Awesome report, thanks guys
post #163 of 920
now, I'm not much of a DIYer and I am basically electrically retarded, but does anyone have any internal shots of what the innards of the Jade looks like?

If i knew how to take it apart and could put it together in one piece without being paranoid I would do it and take some shots. Did any experienced DIY jade owners have a chance of taking it apart to look inside yet?

If someone can post photos it would be much appreciated. I want to see how well it is wired, and just plain curiosity.

-JC
post #164 of 920
Nice report and impression. I am rather busy this Easter holiday, so i cannot finish my detailed report for Jade. However, i find that if you plug in both jacks and the cans are in similar impedance (like SA5000 (70ohm) and K501 (120ohm) ) it can give better result.

I once plug it with the 600ohm DT880 and SA5000, find it sounds somehow strange, especially when it plugs in and out.
post #165 of 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by theScribe View Post
been playing with the jade for two weeks with various headphones.

I am running Macbook Pro (FLAC, 320, VBR) -> HR MicroDAC 05 -> Jade -> HD650/DT770 80 ohm/SR60.

The warm sounding output makes the HD650s lush lush lush, perfect to my ears. I could finally sit for hours just exploring this thing.

The amp, being a tube, doesn't pair as well with the DT770s. I think a SS amp would give the DT770s back its recessed mids and rather muddy treble. (The bass is almost 3d and tight though! Very fun to blast wu-tang clan or Tiesto if you're into that type of music)

It pairs well with the SR60s. Sounds like a completely new phone through the "warm" output, no more treble harshness. Just a great blend of warmth and clear (not overly bright) treble.

Gosh, to think... I sound like one of YOU guys now. Lol, my friends has been more and more skeptical, but audiophilia is not BS. I can hear a clear difference between a good setup and bad setup. I was very skeptical once, thought you guys were crazy and had this six sense in sound, but it takes a while for your brain to warm up to good audio.

Headphones make about 80% of the sound difference, the Amp/Source (although i only had experience with MicroDAC over Macbook Pro) makes up the other 20%.

It's very beautifully built. More so than the EF1 and compared to most other amps on Pacific Valve looking at the pictures. The brushed black steel looks very classy.

That's my report. I will call this the HD650 mate. My first tube amp.

-JC
Many thanks for your impressions. Mine should be here next week. Looking forward to hooking up my HD600s now more than ever!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › REVIEW: Audiotailor “Jade” Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier