I just got the ATH-M50 from HeadRoom and they are possibly the most accurate 'phones I've used. Kind of like the Shure SRH840 without the midbass hump but with something there in the low bass..
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/28/10
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 1/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for the office: ATH-M50 vs. M-Audio Q40 Last post on 10/16/12 at 9:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Most Durable Headphones Last post on 6/15/13 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Disappointed in the ATH-M50s. Burn in questions / Virutal EQ thingy? Last post on 4/19/13 at 3:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- What are the best headphones for Dubstep. Last post on 9/9/12 at 4:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Car Audio Basshead Seeking Basshead Headphones Last post on 11/29/12 at 10:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I said DON'T TALK !!
i never usually write reviews, but when i do, its usually with underrated earphones/headphones, because i think they do deserve some justice. just a background, i own headphones like brainwavz,...
Rather than go into the esoteric aspects of the sound signature (not really sure if all the nomenclature actually means the same thing to everyone) I'm going to approach this review from a little...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Audio Technica ATH-M50 Review - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 1766/29/10 at 7:00pmQuote:
Im being tempted to buy them.post #33 of 1766/29/10 at 9:08pm
They are not nearly as accurate as, say, AKG K701. Yet I think they sound more accurately than K271 Mk II, which says a lot. Distortion is noticeably lower than that of SRH840, more akin to K701 in fact. Ah, and their drivers are angled, just like those of HD800 :-) (remove the pads to see).
Overall, I think this may be the current state of the art for closed phones in below $150 category. A keeper.
post #34 of 1766/30/10 at 4:14pmQuote:
Damn, I shouldn't have used that word..Quote:
Overall, I think this may be the current state of the art for closed phones in below $150 category.
Price has nothing to do with the sound of headphones.
Edited by Beagle - 6/30/10 at 4:17pmpost #35 of 1766/30/10 at 6:16pm
When I first got my ESW9s I felt the same way about wasting my money. IN fact, at first they sounded so bad I thought they were fake. But about four hours in they opened up and cleaned up dramatically. Might just be an AT thing.post #36 of 1767/23/10 at 7:36ampost #37 of 1767/23/10 at 8:34ampost #38 of 1767/23/10 at 8:55ampost #39 of 1767/23/10 at 8:59ampost #40 of 1767/23/10 at 9:06ampost #41 of 1768/21/10 at 2:20pmpost #42 of 1769/30/10 at 10:48ampost #43 of 1769/30/10 at 1:14pmpost #44 of 1769/30/10 at 1:37pm
Hmmmm, you said when you turn them on. Do you mean music or an actual built in sound isolation thing?
Do these need batteries? I ask because i have a shiite paire of haedphones that need batteries to sound half acceptable.
post #45 of 1769/30/10 at 1:54pmQuote:
- Audio Technica ATH-M50 Review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Looking for ~100 iem 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 1 minute ago
- › HeadAmp Customer Service? 2 minutes ago
- › Comparisons: 21 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 3 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 3 minutes ago
- › Hello, in need for an amp or Dac for DT 880 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › Westone Elite Series ES60 by Lorias
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by emanlee
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by shockdoc
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)