I just got the ATH-M50 from HeadRoom and they are possibly the most accurate 'phones I've used. Kind of like the Shure SRH840 without the midbass hump but with something there in the low bass..
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/28/10
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 1/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for the office: ATH-M50 vs. M-Audio Q40 Last post on 10/16/12 at 9:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Most Durable Headphones Last post on 6/15/13 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Disappointed in the ATH-M50s. Burn in questions / Virutal EQ thingy? Last post on 4/19/13 at 3:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- What are the best headphones for Dubstep. Last post on 9/9/12 at 4:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Car Audio Basshead Seeking Basshead Headphones Last post on 11/29/12 at 10:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
If you are looking at the RHA-MA750, you already have done a bit of research about how they sound. So, I will get straight to my review. Sound Quality: Let me start off by saying that these...
Acknowledgment Thanks to @Tony-Hifi of HiFi headphones for making me review this desktop DAC/Amp as a favour. I love reviewing loaners, but it’s always sad to package and send them off...
Hi Head-Fi/Vibro Labs fans, I was the second stop on the Aria tour, and I've had a great week reviewing them. This post will contain some of my thoughts and impressions, and I'll be touching on...
Ok I have been using a pair of these for several years. I logged on because there are way too many positive reviews of these things. Firstly: everything I mix on these is significantly...
Never thought this day would come but I guess blunders are inevitable. There is no denying the Beyerdynamic T5p is one attractive looking Headphone, I think it's among the most beautiful and...
Audio Technica ATH-M50 Review - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 1776/29/10 at 7:00pmQuote:
Im being tempted to buy them.post #33 of 1776/29/10 at 9:08pm
They are not nearly as accurate as, say, AKG K701. Yet I think they sound more accurately than K271 Mk II, which says a lot. Distortion is noticeably lower than that of SRH840, more akin to K701 in fact. Ah, and their drivers are angled, just like those of HD800 :-) (remove the pads to see).
Overall, I think this may be the current state of the art for closed phones in below $150 category. A keeper.
post #34 of 1776/30/10 at 4:14pmQuote:
Damn, I shouldn't have used that word..Quote:
Overall, I think this may be the current state of the art for closed phones in below $150 category.
Price has nothing to do with the sound of headphones.
Edited by Beagle - 6/30/10 at 4:17pmpost #35 of 1776/30/10 at 6:16pm
When I first got my ESW9s I felt the same way about wasting my money. IN fact, at first they sounded so bad I thought they were fake. But about four hours in they opened up and cleaned up dramatically. Might just be an AT thing.post #36 of 1777/23/10 at 7:36ampost #37 of 1777/23/10 at 8:34ampost #38 of 1777/23/10 at 8:55ampost #39 of 1777/23/10 at 8:59ampost #40 of 1777/23/10 at 9:06ampost #41 of 1778/21/10 at 2:20pmpost #42 of 1779/30/10 at 10:48ampost #43 of 1779/30/10 at 1:14pmpost #44 of 1779/30/10 at 1:37pm
Hmmmm, you said when you turn them on. Do you mean music or an actual built in sound isolation thing?
Do these need batteries? I ask because i have a shiite paire of haedphones that need batteries to sound half acceptable.
post #45 of 1779/30/10 at 1:54pmQuote:
- Audio Technica ATH-M50 Review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 9 seconds ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 2 minutes ago
- › Review: Cleer DJ Professional DJ Headphone 3 minutes ago
- › Rising cost of "audiophile" equipment and important of bias/blind... 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - Introducing KATANA 3 minutes ago
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 - Flagship ciem reload ! 3 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 4 minutes ago
- › RHA MA750 by bobghosh
- › Questyle CMA600i "Current Mode Amplification" Headphone... by glassmonkey
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Talai
- › Shure SRH840 by haroldtheboss
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by MrTechAgent
- › Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition by aNtzE
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - PHANTOM SABRE by FUYU
- › Bluedio Vinyl Plus Luxury Wireless Bluetooth Headphones(Black) by mark2410
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by ostewart
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...