I just got the ATH-M50 from HeadRoom and they are possibly the most accurate 'phones I've used. Kind of like the Shure SRH840 without the midbass hump but with something there in the low bass..
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/28/10
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 1/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for the office: ATH-M50 vs. M-Audio Q40 Last post on 10/16/12 at 9:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Most Durable Headphones Last post on 6/15/13 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Disappointed in the ATH-M50s. Burn in questions / Virutal EQ thingy? Last post on 4/19/13 at 3:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- What are the best headphones for Dubstep. Last post on 9/9/12 at 4:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Car Audio Basshead Seeking Basshead Headphones Last post on 11/29/12 at 10:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Ghostek made its name in the phone accessory market. Its been building solid cases for a while now, and they’ve brought everything they’ve learned from making durable phone cases to the table...
INTRO:- Yup, I am back. This time around I have the Meelectronics M7P. This is an interesting piece of earphone. To be precise I had not seen one like this before. This one belongs to MEE...
Intro:- Yo yo… Back again with Rockjaw Audio Alfa genus V2. Rockjaw is not an unknown brand by any means, famous for their value for money earphones and are one of the few British brands in...
My review of Alfa genus V2 can be found here. http://www.head-fi.org/products/rock-jaw-alfa-genus-v2-earphones-with-in-line-mic-3x-tuning-filters/reviews/16322 Sorry for the wrong post.
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONFirstly I want to shout out to Mark (Head-Fier d marc0) for working with Ken Ball from...
Audio Technica ATH-M50 Review - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 1776/29/10 at 7:00pmQuote:
Im being tempted to buy them.post #33 of 1776/29/10 at 9:08pm
They are not nearly as accurate as, say, AKG K701. Yet I think they sound more accurately than K271 Mk II, which says a lot. Distortion is noticeably lower than that of SRH840, more akin to K701 in fact. Ah, and their drivers are angled, just like those of HD800 :-) (remove the pads to see).
Overall, I think this may be the current state of the art for closed phones in below $150 category. A keeper.
post #34 of 1776/30/10 at 4:14pmQuote:
Damn, I shouldn't have used that word..Quote:
Overall, I think this may be the current state of the art for closed phones in below $150 category.
Price has nothing to do with the sound of headphones.
Edited by Beagle - 6/30/10 at 4:17pmpost #35 of 1776/30/10 at 6:16pm
When I first got my ESW9s I felt the same way about wasting my money. IN fact, at first they sounded so bad I thought they were fake. But about four hours in they opened up and cleaned up dramatically. Might just be an AT thing.post #36 of 1777/23/10 at 7:36ampost #37 of 1777/23/10 at 8:34ampost #38 of 1777/23/10 at 8:55ampost #39 of 1777/23/10 at 8:59ampost #40 of 1777/23/10 at 9:06ampost #41 of 1778/21/10 at 2:20pmpost #42 of 1779/30/10 at 10:48ampost #43 of 1779/30/10 at 1:14pmpost #44 of 1779/30/10 at 1:37pm
Hmmmm, you said when you turn them on. Do you mean music or an actual built in sound isolation thing?
Do these need batteries? I ask because i have a shiite paire of haedphones that need batteries to sound half acceptable.
post #45 of 1779/30/10 at 1:54pmQuote:
- Audio Technica ATH-M50 Review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Does humidity effect IEMs? 53 seconds ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 57 seconds ago
- › HD700 Issues 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › LKS Audio MH-DA003 4 minutes ago
- › NEW: Tralucent Audio Plus5 BA IEM 6 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 7 minutes ago
- › T.H.E Show Newport 2016 June 3-5 7 minutes ago
- › New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition] 8 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 9 minutes ago
- › Ghostek GHOHP001 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, soDrop Series aptX... by Cinder
- › MEE audio M7P Secure-Fit Sports In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Remote,... by suman134
- › Rock Jaw Alfa Genus V2 Earphones with In-Line Mic & 3x Tuning... by suman134
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by suman134
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...