I just got the ATH-M50 from HeadRoom and they are possibly the most accurate 'phones I've used. Kind of like the Shure SRH840 without the midbass hump but with something there in the low bass..
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/28/10
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 1/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for the office: ATH-M50 vs. M-Audio Q40 Last post on 10/16/12 at 9:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Most Durable Headphones Last post on 6/15/13 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Disappointed in the ATH-M50s. Burn in questions / Virutal EQ thingy? Last post on 4/19/13 at 3:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- What are the best headphones for Dubstep. Last post on 9/9/12 at 4:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Car Audio Basshead Seeking Basshead Headphones Last post on 11/29/12 at 10:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
I work with Trance music most ... Before The New released update 3.0 for the thing i wasn't really satisfied with its quality of sound in trance ...but the update Changed everything ,EVERYthing...
Audio Technica ATH-M50 Review - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 1766/29/10 at 7:00pmQuote:
Im being tempted to buy them.post #33 of 1766/29/10 at 9:08pm
They are not nearly as accurate as, say, AKG K701. Yet I think they sound more accurately than K271 Mk II, which says a lot. Distortion is noticeably lower than that of SRH840, more akin to K701 in fact. Ah, and their drivers are angled, just like those of HD800 :-) (remove the pads to see).
Overall, I think this may be the current state of the art for closed phones in below $150 category. A keeper.
post #34 of 1766/30/10 at 4:14pmQuote:
Damn, I shouldn't have used that word..Quote:
Overall, I think this may be the current state of the art for closed phones in below $150 category.
Price has nothing to do with the sound of headphones.
Edited by Beagle - 6/30/10 at 4:17pmpost #35 of 1766/30/10 at 6:16pm
When I first got my ESW9s I felt the same way about wasting my money. IN fact, at first they sounded so bad I thought they were fake. But about four hours in they opened up and cleaned up dramatically. Might just be an AT thing.post #36 of 1767/23/10 at 7:36ampost #37 of 1767/23/10 at 8:34ampost #38 of 1767/23/10 at 8:55ampost #39 of 1767/23/10 at 8:59ampost #40 of 1767/23/10 at 9:06ampost #41 of 1768/21/10 at 2:20pmpost #42 of 1769/30/10 at 10:48ampost #43 of 1769/30/10 at 1:14pmpost #44 of 1769/30/10 at 1:37pm
Hmmmm, you said when you turn them on. Do you mean music or an actual built in sound isolation thing?
Do these need batteries? I ask because i have a shiite paire of haedphones that need batteries to sound half acceptable.
post #45 of 1769/30/10 at 1:54pmQuote:
- Audio Technica ATH-M50 Review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › FS/FT: My HE-400 (2nd Revision) for Your Q701, K701, K702, K612,... 14 seconds ago
- › Review: Final Audio Design Heaven VI 20 seconds ago
- › Frequencies, Hertz-es, Ohm-ses..tired of them ? Visit the FUN... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Designed. Phase 2: What speakers did you use to... 2 minutes ago
- › Bottlehead Crack interference 3 minutes ago
- › -The Discovery of the New Ivery IS-1 (or Liberty 1’s) -Believe the... 3 minutes ago
- › Hello, denon d600 - fostex th600 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Xyrium
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)