I just got the ATH-M50 from HeadRoom and they are possibly the most accurate 'phones I've used. Kind of like the Shure SRH840 without the midbass hump but with something there in the low bass..
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/28/10
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 1/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for the office: ATH-M50 vs. M-Audio Q40 Last post on 10/16/12 at 9:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Most Durable Headphones Last post on 6/15/13 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Disappointed in the ATH-M50s. Burn in questions / Virutal EQ thingy? Last post on 4/19/13 at 3:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- What are the best headphones for Dubstep. Last post on 9/9/12 at 4:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Car Audio Basshead Seeking Basshead Headphones Last post on 11/29/12 at 10:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I think it is more of a smartphone gadget, than audiophiles device. It has the potential to save battery power when listening with portable devices. My subjective review of the sound: A little...
Introduction Simgot is a new name in Asian audio that is getting some attention with their new EN700 model. Supposedly, some that were involved in tuning the Ostry IEMs have tuned this one, so...
Have had these for a loooong time. Now that I've got older ears, I don't really hear the beautiful crystal-like treble anymore, but I'm sure it's still there. :)
Hifiman Supermini and Megamini – initial impressions / comparison I first heard the Hifiman Supermini in demo unit form at the Canjam London 2016, and while being impressed by the fact...
Firstly I would like to thank iFi Audio for the loan unit for review, I have been using it for about 3 weeks and as always I will try to write an honest review. Gear Used: Dell XPS 15 /...
Audio Technica ATH-M50 Review - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 1776/29/10 at 7:00pmQuote:
Im being tempted to buy them.post #33 of 1776/29/10 at 9:08pm
They are not nearly as accurate as, say, AKG K701. Yet I think they sound more accurately than K271 Mk II, which says a lot. Distortion is noticeably lower than that of SRH840, more akin to K701 in fact. Ah, and their drivers are angled, just like those of HD800 :-) (remove the pads to see).
Overall, I think this may be the current state of the art for closed phones in below $150 category. A keeper.
post #34 of 1776/30/10 at 4:14pmQuote:
Damn, I shouldn't have used that word..Quote:
Overall, I think this may be the current state of the art for closed phones in below $150 category.
Price has nothing to do with the sound of headphones.
Edited by Beagle - 6/30/10 at 4:17pmpost #35 of 1776/30/10 at 6:16pm
When I first got my ESW9s I felt the same way about wasting my money. IN fact, at first they sounded so bad I thought they were fake. But about four hours in they opened up and cleaned up dramatically. Might just be an AT thing.post #36 of 1777/23/10 at 7:36ampost #37 of 1777/23/10 at 8:34ampost #38 of 1777/23/10 at 8:55ampost #39 of 1777/23/10 at 8:59ampost #40 of 1777/23/10 at 9:06ampost #41 of 1778/21/10 at 2:20pmpost #42 of 1779/30/10 at 10:48ampost #43 of 1779/30/10 at 1:14pmpost #44 of 1779/30/10 at 1:37pm
Hmmmm, you said when you turn them on. Do you mean music or an actual built in sound isolation thing?
Do these need batteries? I ask because i have a shiite paire of haedphones that need batteries to sound half acceptable.
post #45 of 1779/30/10 at 1:54pmQuote:
- Audio Technica ATH-M50 Review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 9 seconds ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd generation 28 seconds ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 1 minute ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 2 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman IEM's: RE-400 and RE-600 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 5 minutes ago
- › DIY Earbuds 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by Headzone
- › SIMGOT EN700 In Ear Dynamic Earphone 24Ω Original ... by bhazard
- › Sony MDR-CD2000 CD Series Headphones by leroik
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by Jackpot77
- › iFi Pro iCAN by ostewart
- › Sennheiser HD 590 Headphones by aafanatic
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by glassmonkey
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by suman134
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by ph0n6
- › Soundaware Esther by Fabaaroan
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...