Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audio Technica ATH-M50 Review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audio Technica ATH-M50 Review - Page 3

post #31 of 176

I just got the ATH-M50 from HeadRoom and they are possibly the most accurate 'phones I've used. Kind of like the Shure SRH840 without the midbass hump but with something there in the low bass..

post #32 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagle View Post

I just got the ATH-M50 from HeadRoom and they are possibly the most accurate 'phones I've used. Kind of like the Shure SRH840 without the midbass hump but with something there in the low bass..


Im being tempted to buy them. 

post #33 of 176

They are not nearly as accurate as, say, AKG K701. Yet I think they sound more accurately than K271 Mk II, which says a lot. Distortion is noticeably lower than that of SRH840, more akin to K701 in fact. Ah, and their drivers are angled, just like those of HD800 :-) (remove the pads to see).

 

Overall, I think this may be the current state of the art  for closed phones in below $150 category. A keeper.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagle View Post

I just got the ATH-M50 from HeadRoom and they are possibly the most accurate 'phones I've used. Kind of like the Shure SRH840 without the midbass hump but with something there in the low bass..

post #34 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krav View Post

They are not nearly as accurate as, say, AKG K701. Yet I think they sound more accurately than K271 Mk II  


Damn, I shouldn't have used that word..

 

 

Quote:
 

Overall, I think this may be the current state of the art  for closed phones in below $150 category.

 

Price has nothing to do with the sound of headphones.


Edited by Beagle - 6/30/10 at 4:17pm
post #35 of 176

When I first got my ESW9s I felt the same way about wasting my money.  IN fact, at first they sounded so bad I thought they were fake.  But about four hours in they opened up and cleaned up dramatically.  Might just be an AT thing.

post #36 of 176

What would be better, ATH M50 or sennheiser hd 202?

post #37 of 176

M50 or 440 or 448 or or or.... 202 be bad.

post #38 of 176

meaning what Solude?

post #39 of 176

The Senn 202 would be a bad choice compared to the Senn 448, Shure 440 or AT M50 in the $100 range.

post #40 of 176

okay thanks :)

post #41 of 176

They complement the large headed LIKE A BOSS. 

post #42 of 176

which is better (overall). the m50 or hd448? thanks

post #43 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by bongot69 View Post

which is better (overall). the m50 or hd448? thanks


Unless the 448 sounds better than the 555 I would say the M50.

post #44 of 176

Hmmmm, you said when you turn them on. Do you mean music or an actual built in sound isolation thing?
Do these need batteries? I ask because i have a shiite paire of haedphones that need batteries to sound half acceptable.
thanks.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullPointerException View Post

sound isolation: O.K. with the music off it blocks a bit, but not much, when you turn it on it blocks out most outside noise (my mother yelling at me is an exception).
post #45 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko93101 View Post

Hmmmm, you said when you turn them on. Do you mean music or an actual built in sound isolation thing?
Do these need batteries? I ask because i have a shiite paire of haedphones that need batteries to sound half acceptable.
thanks.
 


No batteries.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audio Technica ATH-M50 Review