Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › REVIEW: WESTONE 3, the ULTIMATE UNIVERSAL IEM vs everything else - AKA W3 Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

REVIEW: WESTONE 3, the ULTIMATE UNIVERSAL IEM vs everything else - AKA W3 Appreciation Thread - Page 36

post #526 of 2105
I'm almost to the point of saying screw it, keeping/using my SE530 for now, saving up money for a year or two and buying some customs. Really, because then I have nothing to worry about: They HAVE to be what I want: they're custom.
post #527 of 2105
moseboy, i'm with u on this.

so the next question, which custom?

another problem waiting...
post #528 of 2105
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughnut View Post
so the next question, which custom?
The UE-10 pro has been a standard for so long. I don't see how it's possible to go wrong with them. I know Westone is going to going to make a custom version of the Westone 3, but the UE-10 is reference quality. The Westone 3 custom may or may not be reference quality, so if I were to choose right now it would be the UE-10 pro unless I am told and given advice to choose differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughnut View Post
another problem waiting...
*Nods*....
post #529 of 2105
Quote:
Originally Posted by moseboy View Post
Let me get this straight.... You just personified... earphones....

...And now to read the rest of your post .
yes I did; I spend at least 5hrs a day with these in and i've spend a lot of time and money building a suitable rig around them. having just finished the last stage of that and truly loving the result I have now bought an alternative. but lets get this straight; I absolutely love my earphones, but there is no earphone love going on. its just they and my music have got me through some times of happiness and despair. more than anything though it was a literary device
post #530 of 2105
and guys you just have to visit the many custom threads to realize that custom does NOT necessarily mean good fit; at least the first time. some people have had long and tiring journeys on the way to getting the proper fit. at least with universals with custom tips you can use the IEM's while you wait for a refit if needed.
post #531 of 2105
Quote:
Originally Posted by moseboy View Post
The UE-10 pro has been a standard for so long. I don't see how it's possible to go wrong with them. I know Westone is going to going to make a custom version of the Westone 3, but the UE-10 is reference quality. The Westone 3 custom may or may not be reference quality, so if I were to choose right now it would be the UE-10 pro unless I am told and given advice to choose differently.



*Nods*....
In my opinion, i'm not the biggest fan of the sound signature of the UE-10 oe UE-11. I've tried the Weston Es-2 and Es-3 and i absolutely love them.
post #532 of 2105
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
thin sounding LOLOLOLOLOL. got mine this morning just waiting for my ipod to charge properly so just going ampless with the iphone 3G at the moment and OMG these are sweet. i'm more than a little worried about my SE530's chances in this fight. using totally flat EQ I wont comment further other than i've tested these with a couple of tracks that can exhibit very slight sibilance with my shures and there is not a hint of it using long comply. i'm in love. I feel almost guilty with my shures sitting there staring at me with that look of rejection on their tips. I have no doubt that there will still be some of my music (the vocal and guitar driven probably) that the shures may still come out on top. OMG I still havent even used the VCAP/DIYMOD yet and thats the rig I have been using most of the time and havent gone ampless on the iphone in weeks: at the moment the W3 sounds almost as refined as the DIYMOD->VCAP->SE530 with impedance adapter (not as refined and without the massive soundstage, but pretty darn good. listening to hybrids last man standing and dogstar featuring the unusual voice of perry farrel from janes addiction fame. will report back after i've done some lengthy testing; but ATM its a clear win to the W3. thanks westone
You don't really hear any of these improvements in real life. I've mass hypnotized you into hearing what I want you to hear.
post #533 of 2105
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaoDi View Post
In my opinion, i'm not the biggest fan of the sound signature of the UE-10 oe UE-11. I've tried the Weston Es-2 and Es-3 and i absolutely love them.
I was under the impression that the ES2 and ES3 are for musicians.... From what I've read, the UE-10 is good for just about everything simply because it's reference quality.
post #534 of 2105
Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
at least with universals with custom tips you can use the IEM's while you wait for a refit if needed.
I can wait as long as it'll pay off in the end.

That's what I'm doing with my sub.
post #535 of 2105
Quote:
Originally Posted by moseboy View Post
Let me get this straight.... You just personified... earphones....

...And now to read the rest of your post .
I believe the correct verb is: anthropomorphized

anthropomorphism
Noun: the attribution of human form or personality to a god, animal, or object
anthropomorphic adj

(LOL)
post #536 of 2105
Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
so just going ampless with the iphone 3G at the moment and OMG these are sweet.
crap, not what I wanted to hear.
post #537 of 2105
I have just tried the COMPLY TIPS P (The short ones) for the first time tonight and I just can't believe what I heard from these small earphones !

The bass is simply to die for and easily on par with my Edition 9. (I didn't get the same results with the standard version of these tips)

Like a lot of people have mentioned here recently, be patient and try to experiment with all the tips included in the package.
post #538 of 2105
Quote:
Originally Posted by moseboy View Post
I was under the impression that the ES2 and ES3 are for musicians.... From what I've read, the UE-10 is good for just about everything simply because it's reference quality.
That's not necessarily true, the The Es-2 and Es-3 are "REFERENCE" quality, it's just they have a different sound signature, and have the mid's slightly boosted. the Es-2 is the Dominant for listening to music, and the Es-3 is dominant on Stage Monitoring and for Musician's.
post #539 of 2105
Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraHotel01 View Post
I believe the correct verb is: anthropomorphized

anthropomorphism
Noun: the attribution of human form or personality to a god, animal, or object
anthropomorphic adj

(LOL)
You... you....

Yeah, you're probably right, lol. I just can't believe you bothered to post just to correct me .
post #540 of 2105
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaoDi View Post
That's not necessarily true, the The Es-2 and Es-3 are "REFERENCE" quality, it's just they have a different sound signature, and have the mid's slightly boosted. the Es-2 is the Dominant for listening to music, and the Es-3 is dominant on Stage Monitoring and for Musician's.
Ah... interesting.... I'm probably going to go search for ES-2 vs. UE-10 comparisons....

EDIT: Woah woah woah.... quote from "REVIEW OF THE WESTONE ES2 CUSTOM FIT EARPHONES BY WAKERIDE74:"

"The ES2 does not have the level of detail or soundstage that the E500's offer. I would say the detail is slightly better than the E4C."
...
"These are not neutral and do not have the detail or soundstage of the E500 so if that's your thing these are not for you."


Right... so pass on those....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › REVIEW: WESTONE 3, the ULTIMATE UNIVERSAL IEM vs everything else - AKA W3 Appreciation Thread