farika: If the XB700 has too much bass for you, you might go with a headphone with a lot of bass but not as much as the XB line, like a Denon D2000 or Audio Technica M50 or Sennheiser HD650, etc. If you still want a lot of bass but also treble, maybe try Ultrasone models.
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 12/15/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 12/15/10
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 6/30/10
- brandZunetagged by System, 6/3/11
Related Forum Threads
- Need help finding over ear headphones please! Last post on 9/4/12 at 5:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good over the ear headphones Last post on 8/13/12 at 6:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Choosing over ear headphones under $200 Last post on 7/17/12 at 2:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Good over ear headphones for under $200. What's the best? Last post on 1/27/13 at 9:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass Headphones Help! (About $150 budget) Last post on 6/1/14 at 9:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
I built my first ever PC with this sound card, I had already brought a Asus board that has SupremeFX and well the ZxR dethroned the Asus immediately. I have not heard any of the Asus Xonar PCIe...
No love for Sony XB 700? - Page 11post #151 of 16612/8/11 at 9:54am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #152 of 16612/8/11 at 10:24amI've had the XB500's for a while, and with my software amp, these can be pushed to positively ridiculous levels in terms of bass; with this song (which was created by one of my friends), the pads noticeably vibrate (and your entire head with them).
I dare you to turn up the volume to max during the first ten seconds. You will not survive.post #153 of 16612/8/11 at 11:45ampost #154 of 16612/8/11 at 11:53amThe XB500 is about the muddiest, boomiest, headache inducing headphone I've ever heard. The XB700 actually sounds like a good headphone, with some massive sub-bass. Just my 2 cents.post #155 of 16612/8/11 at 12:40pm
I think also my XB700 very muddy :(. I see a lot of people happy about this headphone , I do not understand. You get to find medium and treble equalizer with? Because without that I hear the bass ... Ok good bass, but heard only the low ......post #156 of 16612/9/11 at 5:02pmAnyone have tested the K242HD of Akg? Obviously these would be very low too. But how they are compared to XB700? I'd like a more balanced and more respectful of my eardrums. A more versatile headset. Use audiophile with music but also games and movies. And on these points the XB700 is very bad. Unfortunately I do not have the money to the Denon,).post #157 of 16612/9/11 at 11:47pmFarika, have you considered the Creative Aurvana Live? They go for a little less than the XB700, and have a more balanced sound, but retain the right amount of coloration in the bass. They hit hard, but won't destroy everything else in the sound as much as the XB700. The CAL is a rebadged (and very slightly improved) variant of the Denon D1001.post #158 of 16612/10/11 at 3:29pmpost #159 of 16612/10/11 at 10:04pmpost #160 of 1661/17/12 at 12:53pm
Reviving this somewhat old thread.
So, would the XB700s sound like a pair of HD580/600s EQ'd like this?
Does anyone have a pair of 600s they can do this to compare?
Maybe with less distortion? (hence the preamp being all the way down).
I ask because I decided to get some and this is kind of what I expect, which isn't too bad actually although it may look like it.post #161 of 1661/17/12 at 2:45pm
That is similar to an equalization I did on my HD650s (except for the 125 part, not sure why you did that), which made my HD650s even more bassy and impactful than the XB700s. Of course HD650/600 bass is going to be better quality, given their price/quality point. XB700s will give you plenty of quantity though even without a powerful amp.post #162 of 1661/17/12 at 7:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by ac500
That is similar to an equalization I did on my HD650s (except for the 125 part, not sure why you did that), which made my HD650s even more bassy and impactful than the XB700s. Of course HD650/600 bass is going to be better quality, given their price/quality point. XB700s will give you plenty of quantity though even without a powerful amp.
It takes out most of the mid bass leaving mostly sub bass. I got the setting off of a youtube video that I can't find, must've got deleted. Which it may be close to the XB700 seeing as how most people say it's not as punchy as the XB500 (which I didn't like).post #163 of 1668/2/12 at 6:08ampost #164 of 1667/22/13 at 3:48am
The sound of the Sony XB700 is unique and i love them to bits. Even the new XB series line can't outperform them. The XB700 has great bass that you can feel thanks to the large '50mm' drivers and you won't be disappointed with them once purchased!post #165 of 1667/22/13 at 3:50amQuote:
Yep the isolation is not so great. Other people can hear your music around you when the volume is up and when the volume is low, you can hear other people talking when wearing them.
- No love for Sony XB 700?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 1 second ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 20 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 26 seconds ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 31 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio E18 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 5 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)