farika: If the XB700 has too much bass for you, you might go with a headphone with a lot of bass but not as much as the XB line, like a Denon D2000 or Audio Technica M50 or Sennheiser HD650, etc. If you still want a lot of bass but also treble, maybe try Ultrasone models.
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 12/15/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 12/15/10
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 6/30/10
- brandZunetagged by System, 6/3/11
Related Forum Threads
- Need help finding over ear headphones please! Last post on 9/4/12 at 5:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good over the ear headphones Last post on 8/13/12 at 6:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Choosing over ear headphones under $200 Last post on 7/17/12 at 2:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Good over ear headphones for under $200. What's the best? Last post on 1/27/13 at 9:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass Headphones Help! (About $150 budget) Last post on 6/1/14 at 9:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Ghostek made its name in the phone accessory market. Its been building solid cases for a while now, and they’ve brought everything they’ve learned from making durable phone cases to the table...
INTRO:- Yup, I am back. This time around I have the Meelectronics M7P. This is an interesting piece of earphone. To be precise I had not seen one like this before. This one belongs to MEE...
Intro:- Yo yo… Back again with Rockjaw Audio Alfa genus V2. Rockjaw is not an unknown brand by any means, famous for their value for money earphones and are one of the few British brands in...
My review of Alfa genus V2 can be found here. http://www.head-fi.org/products/rock-jaw-alfa-genus-v2-earphones-with-in-line-mic-3x-tuning-filters/reviews/16322 Sorry for the wrong post.
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONFirstly I want to shout out to Mark (Head-Fier d marc0) for working with Ken Ball from...
No love for Sony XB 700? - Page 11post #151 of 17012/8/11 at 9:54am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #152 of 17012/8/11 at 10:24amI've had the XB500's for a while, and with my software amp, these can be pushed to positively ridiculous levels in terms of bass; with this song (which was created by one of my friends), the pads noticeably vibrate (and your entire head with them).
I dare you to turn up the volume to max during the first ten seconds. You will not survive.post #153 of 17012/8/11 at 11:45ampost #154 of 17012/8/11 at 11:53amThe XB500 is about the muddiest, boomiest, headache inducing headphone I've ever heard. The XB700 actually sounds like a good headphone, with some massive sub-bass. Just my 2 cents.post #155 of 17012/8/11 at 12:40pm
I think also my XB700 very muddy :(. I see a lot of people happy about this headphone , I do not understand. You get to find medium and treble equalizer with? Because without that I hear the bass ... Ok good bass, but heard only the low ......post #156 of 17012/9/11 at 5:02pmAnyone have tested the K242HD of Akg? Obviously these would be very low too. But how they are compared to XB700? I'd like a more balanced and more respectful of my eardrums. A more versatile headset. Use audiophile with music but also games and movies. And on these points the XB700 is very bad. Unfortunately I do not have the money to the Denon,).post #157 of 17012/9/11 at 11:47pmFarika, have you considered the Creative Aurvana Live? They go for a little less than the XB700, and have a more balanced sound, but retain the right amount of coloration in the bass. They hit hard, but won't destroy everything else in the sound as much as the XB700. The CAL is a rebadged (and very slightly improved) variant of the Denon D1001.post #158 of 17012/10/11 at 3:29pmpost #159 of 17012/10/11 at 10:04pmpost #160 of 1701/17/12 at 12:53pm
Reviving this somewhat old thread.
So, would the XB700s sound like a pair of HD580/600s EQ'd like this?
Does anyone have a pair of 600s they can do this to compare?
Maybe with less distortion? (hence the preamp being all the way down).
I ask because I decided to get some and this is kind of what I expect, which isn't too bad actually although it may look like it.post #161 of 1701/17/12 at 2:45pm
That is similar to an equalization I did on my HD650s (except for the 125 part, not sure why you did that), which made my HD650s even more bassy and impactful than the XB700s. Of course HD650/600 bass is going to be better quality, given their price/quality point. XB700s will give you plenty of quantity though even without a powerful amp.post #162 of 1701/17/12 at 7:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by ac500
That is similar to an equalization I did on my HD650s (except for the 125 part, not sure why you did that), which made my HD650s even more bassy and impactful than the XB700s. Of course HD650/600 bass is going to be better quality, given their price/quality point. XB700s will give you plenty of quantity though even without a powerful amp.
It takes out most of the mid bass leaving mostly sub bass. I got the setting off of a youtube video that I can't find, must've got deleted. Which it may be close to the XB700 seeing as how most people say it's not as punchy as the XB500 (which I didn't like).post #163 of 1708/2/12 at 6:08ampost #164 of 1707/22/13 at 3:48am
The sound of the Sony XB700 is unique and i love them to bits. Even the new XB series line can't outperform them. The XB700 has great bass that you can feel thanks to the large '50mm' drivers and you won't be disappointed with them once purchased!post #165 of 1707/22/13 at 3:50amQuote:
Yep the isolation is not so great. Other people can hear your music around you when the volume is up and when the volume is low, you can hear other people talking when wearing them.
- No love for Sony XB 700?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 4 seconds ago
- › (AUS) Auralic Taurus MKII 1 minute ago
- › ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD Master 9 2 minutes ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 4 minutes ago
- › Does what you plug into affect sound and can anything be done to... 4 minutes ago
- › DC Area Head-Fi Minimeet Impressions 05/07/2016 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 7 minutes ago
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by slowpickr
- › Ghostek GHOHP001 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, soDrop Series aptX... by Cinder
- › MEE audio M7P Secure-Fit Sports In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Remote,... by suman134
- › Rock Jaw Alfa Genus V2 Earphones with In-Line Mic & 3x Tuning... by suman134
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by suman134
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...