farika: If the XB700 has too much bass for you, you might go with a headphone with a lot of bass but not as much as the XB line, like a Denon D2000 or Audio Technica M50 or Sennheiser HD650, etc. If you still want a lot of bass but also treble, maybe try Ultrasone models.
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 12/15/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 12/15/10
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 6/30/10
- brandZunetagged by System, 6/3/11
Related Forum Threads
- Need help finding over ear headphones please! Last post on 9/4/12 at 5:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good over the ear headphones Last post on 8/13/12 at 6:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Choosing over ear headphones under $200 Last post on 7/17/12 at 2:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Good over ear headphones for under $200. What's the best? Last post on 1/27/13 at 9:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass Headphones Help! (About $150 budget) Last post on 6/1/14 at 9:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
My Setup Tested with my Dell XPS 8700 desktop going optical out to a Yamaha RX-V365 amp (1/4 inch headphone out). I played various files (FLAC, MP3, M4A) at different bit rates using...
I try to keep my reviews simple and understandable so I don't go into a large amount of detail with each part. There are others here that do an excellent job at very in depth and detailed reviews....
I'm an on-ear open junkie, so this high praise says a lot about the PX95. A list of on-ear opens I have in various drawer: AKG K512, PX100-ii, PortaPros, Jays V-Jays, and some more that I can't...
Introduction This is a review of the Superlux hd 681 Evo, Version II. It is my first review on Head-Fi, so bear with me. The particular Evo under review here has roughly 40 hrs of burn-in time...
I Background, gear used and manifesto I first got interested in the ECP Black Diamond around the time of its release. I was in the market for a “flagship” amp but still didn’t know what type of...
No love for Sony XB 700? - Page 11post #151 of 16712/8/11 at 9:54am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #152 of 16712/8/11 at 10:24amI've had the XB500's for a while, and with my software amp, these can be pushed to positively ridiculous levels in terms of bass; with this song (which was created by one of my friends), the pads noticeably vibrate (and your entire head with them).
I dare you to turn up the volume to max during the first ten seconds. You will not survive.post #153 of 16712/8/11 at 11:45ampost #154 of 16712/8/11 at 11:53amThe XB500 is about the muddiest, boomiest, headache inducing headphone I've ever heard. The XB700 actually sounds like a good headphone, with some massive sub-bass. Just my 2 cents.post #155 of 16712/8/11 at 12:40pm
I think also my XB700 very muddy :(. I see a lot of people happy about this headphone , I do not understand. You get to find medium and treble equalizer with? Because without that I hear the bass ... Ok good bass, but heard only the low ......post #156 of 16712/9/11 at 5:02pmAnyone have tested the K242HD of Akg? Obviously these would be very low too. But how they are compared to XB700? I'd like a more balanced and more respectful of my eardrums. A more versatile headset. Use audiophile with music but also games and movies. And on these points the XB700 is very bad. Unfortunately I do not have the money to the Denon,).post #157 of 16712/9/11 at 11:47pmFarika, have you considered the Creative Aurvana Live? They go for a little less than the XB700, and have a more balanced sound, but retain the right amount of coloration in the bass. They hit hard, but won't destroy everything else in the sound as much as the XB700. The CAL is a rebadged (and very slightly improved) variant of the Denon D1001.post #158 of 16712/10/11 at 3:29pmpost #159 of 16712/10/11 at 10:04pmpost #160 of 1671/17/12 at 12:53pm
Reviving this somewhat old thread.
So, would the XB700s sound like a pair of HD580/600s EQ'd like this?
Does anyone have a pair of 600s they can do this to compare?
Maybe with less distortion? (hence the preamp being all the way down).
I ask because I decided to get some and this is kind of what I expect, which isn't too bad actually although it may look like it.post #161 of 1671/17/12 at 2:45pm
That is similar to an equalization I did on my HD650s (except for the 125 part, not sure why you did that), which made my HD650s even more bassy and impactful than the XB700s. Of course HD650/600 bass is going to be better quality, given their price/quality point. XB700s will give you plenty of quantity though even without a powerful amp.post #162 of 1671/17/12 at 7:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by ac500
That is similar to an equalization I did on my HD650s (except for the 125 part, not sure why you did that), which made my HD650s even more bassy and impactful than the XB700s. Of course HD650/600 bass is going to be better quality, given their price/quality point. XB700s will give you plenty of quantity though even without a powerful amp.
It takes out most of the mid bass leaving mostly sub bass. I got the setting off of a youtube video that I can't find, must've got deleted. Which it may be close to the XB700 seeing as how most people say it's not as punchy as the XB500 (which I didn't like).post #163 of 1678/2/12 at 6:08ampost #164 of 1677/22/13 at 3:48am
The sound of the Sony XB700 is unique and i love them to bits. Even the new XB series line can't outperform them. The XB700 has great bass that you can feel thanks to the large '50mm' drivers and you won't be disappointed with them once purchased!post #165 of 1677/22/13 at 3:50amQuote:
Yep the isolation is not so great. Other people can hear your music around you when the volume is up and when the volume is low, you can hear other people talking when wearing them.
- No love for Sony XB 700?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Lynx Hilo - new offering from Pro Audio company. 41 seconds ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 48 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › SoundMAGIC WP10 - Product Review 3 minutes ago
- › Brief Odac impressions 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 5 minutes ago
- › Nationwide Sflo:2 mp3 flac portable player 5 minutes ago
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Zalithian
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by inline79
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by serman005
- › ecp audio Black Diamond by Schopenhauer
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by jamato8
- › JVC HA-FX750 Wood Dome Unit Earphone by dnun8086
- › EarWerkz Supra by moedawg140
- › House of Marley - LEGEND ANC by White Lotus
- › Audio Technica S700BT by ironicinori
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)