Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › The Audio-gd Compass (Was: Designing an alternative to the Zero DAC/amp)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Audio-gd Compass (Was: Designing an alternative to the Zero DAC/amp) - Page 14

post #196 of 7724
Earth is neutral. Music sound natural as it is.

Sun V2 is more dynamics, more energy, and vocal more forward. When u play acoustics guitars, or drums, u will surely like this.

Moon is more towards vocal and laid back. sweet and smooth.
post #197 of 7724
I personally would prefer the amp have a neutral sound characteristic. Sounds like Earth would be good for my uses.
post #198 of 7724
Quote:
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
You sound like a liaison for the company. You are offering to do work for them, either free or otherwise.

That doesn't mean the company is bad or makes bad products. They make awesome products as far as everything i have read.
So you're saying that anyone who offers to correct a few simple english mistakes on a web page that happens to be describing a product that was built and designed for people interested in the aforementioned product have connections with the company? I'm sure anyone in this thread would be happy to do such a trivial task for free.

If Kingwa really wanted to market his products he would have probably hired a company to make his website all flashy and started advertising all over the place. Consequently the price of his products would have to reflect the cost of advertising. Instead, he just uses word of mouth and good experience with his products in itself no doubt has driven his sales up, and conversely our trust in him as a reputable manufacturer has risen. Sure you might say that some pre release hype and a few overly positive reviews from such hype may make a product seem better than it actually is, but when you have hundreds of pages of thread from different users who have compared against other products discussing how good one manufacturer's product is then imo, it becomes almost statistically impossible to conclude that the product is bad. That is unless all those people are hired under Kingwa to specifically promote his product (which I find absurd). Given this, its not surprise that at least one of us is enthusiastic enough to put in an advance payment.

Accepting the offer to design and build the Compass DAC obviously means that in the long term he will generate a profit and personally I don't give a rats arse if he's not making a profit at $250 USD because all that matters is that I, the end user gets a good product at a good price. Sure it might be a sales pitch but as a well informed reader which I'm sure you would be cutting through all the ******** (if any) of any product that would you were considering putting your hard earned cash into, so I don't see any reason to give sandchak so much crap. It It's unfair to count up the components, come up with a price tag and then say way under the sale price since R+D haven't been factored in. Besides, correct me if I'm wrong, to get the same components in an all aluminium box with well known brand name badged on the front would cost a lot more?

AFAIK Kingwa is allowed to post here and also allowed to get member of the trade status but for one reason or another that we don't know he has chosen to inform us instead through his website and through Head-Fi members. This system works for him so you should let him be
post #199 of 7724
Quote:
Originally Posted by decayed.cell View Post
So you're saying that anyone who offers to correct a few simple english mistakes on a web page that happens to be describing a product that was built and designed for people interested in the aforementioned product have connections with the company? I'm sure anyone in this thread would be happy to do such a trivial task for free.

If Kingwa really wanted to market his products he would have probably hired a company to make his website all flashy and started advertising all over the place. Consequently the price of his products would have to reflect the cost of advertising. Instead, he just uses word of mouth and good experience with his products in itself no doubt has driven his sales up, and conversely our trust in him as a reputable manufacturer has risen. Sure you might say that some pre release hype and a few overly positive reviews from such hype may make a product seem better than it actually is, but when you have hundreds of pages of thread from different users who have compared against other products discussing how good one manufacturer's product is then imo, it becomes almost statistically impossible to conclude that the product is bad. That is unless all those people are hired under Kingwa to specifically promote his product (which I find absurd). Given this, its not surprise that at least one of us is enthusiastic enough to put in an advance payment.

Accepting the offer to design and build the Compass DAC obviously means that in the long term he will generate a profit and personally I don't give a rats arse if he's not making a profit at $250 USD because all that matters is that I, the end user gets a good product at a good price. Sure it might be a sales pitch but as a well informed reader which I'm sure you would be cutting through all the ******** (if any) of any product that would you were considering putting your hard earned cash into, so I don't see any reason to give sandchak so much crap. It It's unfair to count up the components, come up with a price tag and then say way under the sale price since R+D haven't been factored in. Besides, correct me if I'm wrong, to get the same components in an all aluminium box with well known brand name badged on the front would cost a lot more?

AFAIK Kingwa is allowed to post here and also allowed to get member of the trade status but for one reason or another that we don't know he has chosen to inform us instead through his website and through Head-Fi members. This system works for him so you should let him be
you missed the point. He was saying that there's reason to be skeptical about this product, perhaps more so than others. And frankly its a sound choice to be cautious.

And their little flame war was over, let it r.i.p.
post #200 of 7724
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUINNE55 View Post
you missed the point. He was saying that there's reason to be skeptical about this product, perhaps more so than others. And frankly its a sound choice to be cautious.

And their little flame war was over, let it r.i.p.
It sounded to me like we should be cautious of sandchak but anyway all is cool and I'm looking forward to some reviews on this DAC
post #201 of 7724
Quote:
Originally Posted by decayed.cell View Post
It sounded to me like we should be cautious of sandchak but anyway all is cool and I'm looking forward to some reviews on this DAC
Me too.
post #202 of 7724
I was sceptical with kingwa products, until I tried the OPA.

Then I heard the DAC 100, and now I am more convinced why he is good in this business.

Now if u doubt his ability, u are welcome to sit at the fence first.

What I do like the way kingwa conducts his business is the passion he puts into his products.
post #203 of 7724
Well, I thought it was kind of directed towards me too, with statements like, you sound like a shill, you sound like a liaison, Congratulations with the deal, as if I was have received the first prototype Compass and was going to sell it in the market looking for profits. Maybe I overreacted, maybe I should have just ignored, but then I did find it too personal.

It is true by nature I am very friendly and I love to communicate, whether it be my EBay purchases and sales, or out here, to me I find it as a way to gather as much information, I have tons of correspondence with Mr Wong (wsz0304) about ZERO, even more with his assistant Cathy, through which I know the background of ZERO and what may be coming up next.

The same goes with Kingwa, I have bought stuffs from him before, I am buying now and I plan to buy more in future in pursuit of my passion – In the process, I have personally found him very friendly, ready to advice and very knowledgeable and it helps me a lot in my cause.

I personally cannot help but trust a businessman who when asked for advice to whether go for a combination of DAC100 and ST3 or Compass, is advised to go for Compass, when the combination of the former would bring in twice as much to his pockets, I cannot help a trust being developed such a person.
Since I correspond with him, like I do with everyone in the process of making a purchase and gathering knowledge about the product, and also since Compass yet hasn’t hit the market, no one has seen or been reviewed, I do not address my question about Compass on the forum, but directly to him – his answer is usually very quick, and all I am doing is passing the information that I have gathered personally to the forum, I am NO WAY being asked by anyone to do so, its the feeling of a community that makes me do so.

Yes, I personally believe it is true, that he makes his products with passion and puts in his best effort to perfect the product, through my correspondence with him, I also know that he is tinkering with the idea of including a custom made power cable with every Compass for the first batch, as he believes his products are very critical to power cables in bringing out the best, so if I shared this information with the community, would it mean I am a some kind of SHILL and Liaison??.. It takes effort to write, time to correspond and I was only doing this passing of information for the feeling of community.

I understand I have taken enough space again, what I don't understand is why, sharing of information or personal perspectives and impressions is deemed as marketing, so I wont write any further and stick to Compass, which this thread is all about..
post #204 of 7724
I'm all for better gear at better prices....let's wait and see ...test this little guy first before saying anything more about it. The hard part now, is the wait ...hang in there guys and girl(s)


Happy New Year all !!!!

Peete.
post #205 of 7724
Same to you Pete .

~Phewl.
post #206 of 7724
Same out here, need to keep the excitement on check..

Happy New Year, Peete and everyone on the greatest forum on Earth !
post #207 of 7724
I already withheld a purchase on a RSA P-51 Mustang since this would seem perfect for my needs. Mainly PC and PS3 "quiet time" use.
post #208 of 7724
To Kingwa:

If the Compass doesn't already have it, give it a Neutrik locking headphone jack. I'm a shallow person and I base part of my buying decision on the amp not hurting my eyes.
post #209 of 7724
Haha I am more interested in the power output and the voltage swing/RMS voltage than that.
post #210 of 7724
I'm eagerly awaiting first reviews on this new product. I'm very interested in how it compares to other products in the $200-$400 range.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › The Audio-gd Compass (Was: Designing an alternative to the Zero DAC/amp)