A nother Pup DAC is alive.
It took me about 6h to build. Since I had zero experience I was postponing the constuction as far as possible in order to get decent equipment.
It's hard to believe but here in germany it is close to impossible for a starving student like me to buy german made tools for a decent price.
I ended up ebaying used stuff and ordered the most from the US. Even Weller tips and Felder flux I had to get from overseas.
The first batch wasn't supplied with the OPA2836. It was a pain to get a sample from TI.
I'm very glad that my first smd project worked out all fine.
On the first startup there was a strange popping sound on the left channel and a few scratching noises like a needle on vinyl.
I blame the moist in the opa, I will give it a few days to dry and burn in.
All the measurements where fine exept for the 4.5V which is a stable 4.75V. I hope this wont kill my puppy.
I replaced some caps with FR-type Panasonics with higher capacitance or a lower voltage rating for lower ESR.
I could have gone for a larger Nichicon C22. But I love the Panas, so I stayed with the provided one.
With my Ultimate Ears triple.fi I couldn't test really the SQ properly because my stepped ladder attenuator isn't finished yet.
IEMs are far too sensitve furthermore I don't like software volume control.
From what I could hear the puppy is at least on par with my rockboxed Sandisk clip zip playing FLACs.
Many thanks to cobalmute and tomb for this great kit. I can't attach any pictures atm. Maybe later.