This has to be a record for me, package came in the mail yesterday, started it and stayed up late last night, got all the SM parts on front before I went to bed.
This morning, did the SM on the back side and all the TH parts.
Did have a few problems, all my fault.
I had a solder bridge on the dac chip, found it because I decided to ohm out between each pin to make sure things were OK Could see it, even under magnification, but a couple pins ohmed to 0, so I used some wick to remove and then it was fine. FYI, if you ohm out some pins end up getting tied together that are not obvious so you need to check against the schematic.
When I plugged it in, USB device was not recognized. I had a few of the voltage regs that I didn't solder correctly (it was late last night). Once I fixed those, it was recognized, device installed, and it made music
I did hear some "static" at first. I dried it out a little with a heat gun at low, carefull not to heat too hot, and put it in the case, then static went away.
1mv offset on left, 0mv offset on right. Used the "default" opamp.
It has plenty of drive for an iem, and for no breakin with cheap buds it sounds really good.
Will let it run for a while, and then try with better iems.
I did make a few changes, just because ;). I used some different caps around the dac, and replaced some of the lytics with other ones I had, silmics and an organic polymer.
I also lost one cap in my carpet :(, so it was replaced with the closest I had to it. That was a 2.2uf, it is now a 4.7uf. Had to improvise that one becaue it was a bigger package.
Of course mine does not look nice like tomb's example, but it works.
Kit was very nicely put together, made it easy to build, everything was well labeled and packaged. Really worth it to buy the kit instead of trying to buy the stuff yourself from Mouser.
My one suggestion would be to add reference designations to the labels, especially for the IC's, where you can. I know that is one IC used in multiple places, but all the rest are unique so they could be labeled like this, if you don't use the same IC's for other kits. Would make it easier.