nice, gonna have to make me some of these tonight, would you reccommend making hybrids or just plain foam tips?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Custom IEMs compared to Universals? Last post on 1/12/12 at 6:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- So what exactly is the point of BA IEMs with more than 2-3 drivers? Last post on 9/20/11 at 4:30pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- World Tour: Need advice Last post on 4/20/11 at 5:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Needs a new Iem Last post on 2/26/11 at 8:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Noob needs help. Sending IEM's to Unique Melody for reshelling Last post on 12/23/10 at 6:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Noontec for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website link:...
Preamble: Hi guys, I'm a budding audio-appreciator since starting on this journey about a year and a half ago. I just have average ears that like to listen to slightly above average music and so...
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora at Brainwavz for providing the review sample of the Brainwavz S3 you see in this review. Please note that I am neither affiliated...
Introduction First of all, I would like to thank Aune (@AuneAudio) for giving me the opportunity to review their unit. This is the link to the relevant head-fi thread:...
INTRO:- Since last year, Fidue a Chinese earphone manufacturer has been raising its head with some hard to look through earphones. They have close to 10-12 earphones but a triple driver...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
"How to" - Best custom tips for IEMs ever. IMHO. with pics - Page 10
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Hybrids work better for me as I have large ears.
I tried this today for my SE215's, the foam plugs I had on hand are too small for my canals. I had an idea while I was messing with them, I took the shure flex tips and turned them inside out. I cut the smaller rounded side of the ear plug and put a small phillips screwdriver to make the hole. I then put the inside out flex tips onto the screw driver and worked the foam onto the stem. This took a few tries to get it on there. I pushed the foam all the way down and waited for it to expand, then simply flipped the tips back over the right way and voila! I like that the flex tips are now stiffer due to the soft foam filling and I get better isolation to boot! I will take and post pictures when I figure out what the kids did with the camera.
Edit 2: I tried this with my sony hybrids this morning, I ripped the first one and will return to this when I acquire a punch, some of the foam needs to be removed out of the middle as it will only stretch so far.
I found a retractable pen with a sharp enough tip to punch through the foam. Much better and easier, I move the foam to the pen slide the sony hybrid onto the pen and work the punched foam onto it. Easy peasy! I am happy with the result, I am using bits that I had left over so its not uniform. I will try them out on my next break.
The earplug foam is much stiffer then the ER4 foam and will probably provide better isolation. I want to do some head to head with some non-moded hybrids.
I also found a wayward ER4 foam tip and "de-cored" it. The whole thing did fit in a large sony hybrid, although it looked like the hybrid was going to burst, so now I am going to cut the foam tip in half and try them in the larges.
The ER4 decored foam:
FYI The earplugs I used are the Hearos Ultimate Soft ear plugs, their blue extreme protection ones you can get free samples of from their website are quite a bit bigger. I will stop by the store on my home and see if I can find a few different sizes to play around with.
Blue is extreme protection and beige is the ultra soft
Still a bit confused about what foams are best. Certainly plugs that don't take long to expand or seal without expanding, that's immediately are the best, so that it's easy to remove them if someone is talking to you and put them back easily. Of course the durability matters. Would Hearos extremes be the right choice?
Sorry to drag this out of the woodwork but I just did this mod and the sound is oh so good, great isolation and so comfy also. Not sure how long they would last though but its a virtually free upgrade for me as I get these free from work.
Oh I see now thanks a lot! How do they fit? The gr07 nozzle is a little bigger so was it hard to get them on? Did u have to make the hole bigger? how does it compare to the stock ear tips (in sq and comfort)?
- "How to" - Best custom tips for IEMs ever. IMHO. with pics
- › ROCK Zircon + Mula IEM Impressions Thread 17 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 24 seconds ago
- › Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread 39 seconds ago
- › Review of Hidizs AP100 portable HiFi music player 53 seconds ago
- › Gustard X20 DAC 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › New and Improved* Luxury & Precision L5 PRO 32bit DSD DAP with AKM... 2 minutes ago
- › Amping the Oppo PM-3? 2 minutes ago
- › Noontec Wireless Headphones ZORO II Wireless Hi-Fi Bluetooth On-Ear... by twister6
- › RHA T20 by RedTwilight
- › Brainwavz S3 by thatBeatsguy
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier by GioF71
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by suman134
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by nmatheis
- › Philips SHE3905BK/27 In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Black by Whitigir
- › Music Hall de-be Portable Headphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by mark2410
- › Fostex TE-07 by HiFiChris
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2