- 29 Posts. Joined 1/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Custom IEMs compared to Universals? Last post on 1/12/12 at 6:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- So what exactly is the point of BA IEMs with more than 2-3 drivers? Last post on 9/20/11 at 4:30pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- World Tour: Need advice Last post on 4/20/11 at 5:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Needs a new Iem Last post on 2/26/11 at 8:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Noob needs help. Sending IEM's to Unique Melody for reshelling Last post on 12/23/10 at 6:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
get one if you can , come with a small plastic carry case too and about SQ its a 3580 with a bit more forward mids and smaller bass . bass is as deep as 3580 , nice detail , good mids , vocals are...
yeah these off the market , but i thought lets have a small evaluation of it . nice cable , there is a cable clip , comply tips , nice carry pouch and 3 size of rubber tips . in audio...
These are everything you'd expect from a flagship headphone, only MORE, because some flagships have come to disappoint me, even from the more expensive brands. In a lot of markets, I find there is...
I am a Grado fan. More precisely, I am a Grado modder. Everything I listen to is tinkered with, and woodied….Needless to say, I favor a bright sound signature, open-backs and am not very into IEMs....
www.krish-tech.com INTRODUCTION M AUDIO BX5 D2 is a studio monitor,which means that it is mostly used for mixing in studios but that doesn't mean it's not a good desktop speakers in...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
"How to" - Best custom tips for IEMs ever. IMHO. with pics - Page 8
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I tried this a few days ago, it works pretty well. I put the... um... I forgot what they're called, but anyways, I put the thingies in the freezer for a little while, I then cut them to the right size. Then I took a soldering iron and made the holes, and immediately pulled the shrink tubing through. That way the shrink tube will stick to the... thingies.
Before I did any of that though, I put the shrink tube over a small screw driver that was the same thickness as the "tube" on the earphones, and applied heat.
The seal was great, but unfortunately my left ear started to hurt after an hour or so. I tried the yellow Shure foamies, they feel better in the ear and my ear doesn't hurt even after like 5 hours of use, so that's good.
I tried this once a while back after losing my tips and becoming desperate
the big problem that I found with this method is that after re-using the tips over and over, eventually they accumulate earwax and become stiff/ physically harsh on the ears
Maybe you're using a very different eartip material, cool idea for anyone who runs out of eartips though.
It's a nice and creative idea... I had already bought some foam earplugs from a drugstore and usually wear them at night for the sake of comfortable sleep (I don't like the sound of my air conditioner)... Why I never think of this?
I had tried it some minutes ago... It gives a good isolation like foam always do (my silicone tips doesn't seal well enough and it's itchy to my skin), though I need to find a perfect balance between warmth and clarity (exposing more portions of IEM's core resulting in brighter sounds)...
It saves my day since I don't know where to bought standalone silicone/foam tips in my town and my stock comply tips which comes with my IEM were started to get dirty :)
I had the same sad stories with my old IEM, although the culprit is my cat :(
Edited by MusicHolic - 5/18/11 at 6:50am
- "How to" - Best custom tips for IEMs ever. IMHO. with pics
- › how much of your music collection have you actually listened to? 20 seconds ago
- › How to I make my Fiio x5 DAC work on windows 7 1 minute ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 1 minute ago
- › Unique Melody Mentor debut in Tokyo e-earphone festival 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN HM-601 SLIM 8GB + 32GB Micro SD 40gb Total Excellent... 7 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › M-Audio BX5 D2 by krishtrinity1
- › iFi iCan Nano Portable Headphone Amp by ClieOS
- › iFi Nano iDSD by ClieOS
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by wigglepuff
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by cleg
- › Grado Labs PS500e by xylin6
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)