- 29 Posts. Joined 1/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Custom IEMs compared to Universals? Last post on 1/12/12 at 6:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- So what exactly is the point of BA IEMs with more than 2-3 drivers? Last post on 9/20/11 at 4:30pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- World Tour: Need advice Last post on 4/20/11 at 5:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Needs a new Iem Last post on 2/26/11 at 8:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Noob needs help. Sending IEM's to Unique Melody for reshelling Last post on 12/23/10 at 6:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
"How to" - Best custom tips for IEMs ever. IMHO. with pics - Page 8
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I tried this a few days ago, it works pretty well. I put the... um... I forgot what they're called, but anyways, I put the thingies in the freezer for a little while, I then cut them to the right size. Then I took a soldering iron and made the holes, and immediately pulled the shrink tubing through. That way the shrink tube will stick to the... thingies.
Before I did any of that though, I put the shrink tube over a small screw driver that was the same thickness as the "tube" on the earphones, and applied heat.
The seal was great, but unfortunately my left ear started to hurt after an hour or so. I tried the yellow Shure foamies, they feel better in the ear and my ear doesn't hurt even after like 5 hours of use, so that's good.
I tried this once a while back after losing my tips and becoming desperate
the big problem that I found with this method is that after re-using the tips over and over, eventually they accumulate earwax and become stiff/ physically harsh on the ears
Maybe you're using a very different eartip material, cool idea for anyone who runs out of eartips though.
It's a nice and creative idea... I had already bought some foam earplugs from a drugstore and usually wear them at night for the sake of comfortable sleep (I don't like the sound of my air conditioner)... Why I never think of this?
I had tried it some minutes ago... It gives a good isolation like foam always do (my silicone tips doesn't seal well enough and it's itchy to my skin), though I need to find a perfect balance between warmth and clarity (exposing more portions of IEM's core resulting in brighter sounds)...
It saves my day since I don't know where to bought standalone silicone/foam tips in my town and my stock comply tips which comes with my IEM were started to get dirty :)
I had the same sad stories with my old IEM, although the culprit is my cat :(
Edited by MusicHolic - 5/18/11 at 6:50am
- "How to" - Best custom tips for IEMs ever. IMHO. with pics
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 4 minutes ago
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC 4 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 6 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 7 minutes ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 7 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Forza AudioWorks - The Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)