- 29 Posts. Joined 1/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Custom IEMs compared to Universals? Last post on 1/12/12 at 6:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- So what exactly is the point of BA IEMs with more than 2-3 drivers? Last post on 9/20/11 at 4:30pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- World Tour: Need advice Last post on 4/20/11 at 5:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Needs a new Iem Last post on 2/26/11 at 8:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Noob needs help. Sending IEM's to Unique Melody for reshelling Last post on 12/23/10 at 6:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
These headphones are made for listening to modern extreme genres of loud brickwalled poor-quality metal. They smoothen out spikiness and make drums sound so powerful and quick as if your head was...
Greetings, We all know it's coming, whether we like it or not. The wireless wave is upon us. Pretty much every major earphone manufacturer has a wireless option, and there are countless others...
"How to" - Best custom tips for IEMs ever. IMHO. with pics - Page 8post #106 of 2001/31/10 at 12:01pmEarSoft FX. Very comfortable and very high attenuation across the frequency range. £3.99 + shipping for 30 pairs on eBay. I've been using them for years in noisy environments. Now I found out they also fit my phones.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #107 of 2001/31/10 at 2:45pmThread Starterpost #108 of 2001/31/10 at 3:16pmpost #109 of 2001/31/10 at 6:40pmpost #110 of 2001/31/10 at 7:49pmpost #111 of 2001/31/10 at 8:31pmpost #112 of 2002/1/10 at 8:35pmpost #113 of 2002/7/10 at 2:10ampost #114 of 2007/25/10 at 4:56pmpost #115 of 2007/25/10 at 5:20pmpost #116 of 20010/7/10 at 11:52ampost #117 of 20010/7/10 at 1:12pmpost #118 of 20010/7/10 at 1:27pm
I tried this a few days ago, it works pretty well. I put the... um... I forgot what they're called, but anyways, I put the thingies in the freezer for a little while, I then cut them to the right size. Then I took a soldering iron and made the holes, and immediately pulled the shrink tubing through. That way the shrink tube will stick to the... thingies.
Before I did any of that though, I put the shrink tube over a small screw driver that was the same thickness as the "tube" on the earphones, and applied heat.
The seal was great, but unfortunately my left ear started to hurt after an hour or so. I tried the yellow Shure foamies, they feel better in the ear and my ear doesn't hurt even after like 5 hours of use, so that's good.post #119 of 2001/5/11 at 3:30pm
I tried this once a while back after losing my tips and becoming desperate
the big problem that I found with this method is that after re-using the tips over and over, eventually they accumulate earwax and become stiff/ physically harsh on the ears
Maybe you're using a very different eartip material, cool idea for anyone who runs out of eartips though.post #120 of 2005/18/11 at 6:48am
It's a nice and creative idea... I had already bought some foam earplugs from a drugstore and usually wear them at night for the sake of comfortable sleep (I don't like the sound of my air conditioner)... Why I never think of this?
I had tried it some minutes ago... It gives a good isolation like foam always do (my silicone tips doesn't seal well enough and it's itchy to my skin), though I need to find a perfect balance between warmth and clarity (exposing more portions of IEM's core resulting in brighter sounds)...
It saves my day since I don't know where to bought standalone silicone/foam tips in my town and my stock comply tips which comes with my IEM were started to get dirty :)
I had the same sad stories with my old IEM, although the culprit is my cat :(
Edited by MusicHolic - 5/18/11 at 6:50amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- "How to" - Best custom tips for IEMs ever. IMHO. with pics
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Little Dot MKII + Modi 2 7 seconds ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 1 minute ago
- › DENAFRIPS 'ARES' R2R discrete ladder DAC - close up view 1 minute ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 1 minute ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 4 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page... 5 minutes ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 5 minutes ago
- › Rock Jaw Wants to Know....Your Ideal Earphone Design 6 minutes ago
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by msturg29
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by msturg29
- › Avantree Clari Air by msturg29
- › Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds Stereo Headphones, Ghostek Silencer... by msturg29
- › 1MORE MK802 Bluetooth Wireless Over-Ear Headphones with Apple iOS... by Hisoundfi
- › Focal Utopia by Currawong
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by Cinder
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear