- 29 Posts. Joined 1/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Custom IEMs compared to Universals? Last post on 1/12/12 at 6:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- So what exactly is the point of BA IEMs with more than 2-3 drivers? Last post on 9/20/11 at 4:30pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- World Tour: Need advice Last post on 4/20/11 at 5:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Needs a new Iem Last post on 2/26/11 at 8:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Noob needs help. Sending IEM's to Unique Melody for reshelling Last post on 12/23/10 at 6:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
I built my first ever PC with this sound card, I had already brought a Asus board that has SupremeFX and well the ZxR dethroned the Asus immediately. I have not heard any of the Asus Xonar PCIe...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
"How to" - Best custom tips for IEMs ever. IMHO. with pics - Page 8
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I tried this a few days ago, it works pretty well. I put the... um... I forgot what they're called, but anyways, I put the thingies in the freezer for a little while, I then cut them to the right size. Then I took a soldering iron and made the holes, and immediately pulled the shrink tubing through. That way the shrink tube will stick to the... thingies.
Before I did any of that though, I put the shrink tube over a small screw driver that was the same thickness as the "tube" on the earphones, and applied heat.
The seal was great, but unfortunately my left ear started to hurt after an hour or so. I tried the yellow Shure foamies, they feel better in the ear and my ear doesn't hurt even after like 5 hours of use, so that's good.
I tried this once a while back after losing my tips and becoming desperate
the big problem that I found with this method is that after re-using the tips over and over, eventually they accumulate earwax and become stiff/ physically harsh on the ears
Maybe you're using a very different eartip material, cool idea for anyone who runs out of eartips though.
It's a nice and creative idea... I had already bought some foam earplugs from a drugstore and usually wear them at night for the sake of comfortable sleep (I don't like the sound of my air conditioner)... Why I never think of this?
I had tried it some minutes ago... It gives a good isolation like foam always do (my silicone tips doesn't seal well enough and it's itchy to my skin), though I need to find a perfect balance between warmth and clarity (exposing more portions of IEM's core resulting in brighter sounds)...
It saves my day since I don't know where to bought standalone silicone/foam tips in my town and my stock comply tips which comes with my IEM were started to get dirty :)
I had the same sad stories with my old IEM, although the culprit is my cat :(
Edited by MusicHolic - 5/18/11 at 6:50am
- "How to" - Best custom tips for IEMs ever. IMHO. with pics
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 4 seconds ago
- › Denon ah-d600 review. 11 seconds ago
- › Do I need an amp for these Cans? 43 seconds ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 7 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions,... 8 minutes ago
- › Bose Sues Beats for Patent Infringement 8 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 10 minutes ago
- › The foobar2000 help thread. Got problems or questions? Ask here! 15 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 15 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)