Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › REVIEW: Nuforce NE-7M iPhone IEM vs Denon C700 and Klipsch Image X10 (NE-8 Impressions Added 1/15/09)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

REVIEW: Nuforce NE-7M iPhone IEM vs Denon C700 and Klipsch Image X10 (NE-8 Impressions Added 1/15/09) - Page 47

post #691 of 854
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mset View Post
Thanks HA. An eBay search for 'E2C tips' returned no hits. Are these the ones you like, or are you using the flex sleeves?
NEITHER OF THOSE.

I bought mine from these guys: Shure E2 SCL2 Sony MDR-EX71 Earphone Sleeve M 10 Pk NEW - (eBay.ca item 370206451360 end time 23-Jun-09 20:13:39 EDT)

Obviously I didn't pay $26 for shipping, but I am not in Canada.
post #692 of 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict View Post
NEITHER OF THOSE.

I bought mine from these guys:
Thanks a lot HA. I'll order up a few sets. I've been listening to these NE-7M for the past 2 hours and I'm actually very impressed. If I can get a somewhat better seal and replicate what I get if I gently push the units into my ear just a bit, things are going to be really good in my mobile music world.
post #693 of 854
Here is another spot that you should only pay about $20 with shipping.

Shure Earphone and Monitor Accessories - Earphone Accessories
post #694 of 854
Ah man, I should have asked before I bought these headphones. Does nuforce ne-7m only work with iPhone. I'm planning to use it with my Cowon D2. Has ne one had success using this with the D2. Thanks!!!
post #695 of 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer123 View Post
Ah man, I should have asked before I bought these headphones. Does nuforce ne-7m only work with iPhone. I'm planning to use it with my Cowon D2. Has ne one had success using this with the D2. Thanks!!!
They work with any player that has a standard 3.5mm headphone jack. As long as you're just looking to play music through them (vs. utilizing the D2's nonexistent calling capabilities ), you will be fine.
post #696 of 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by epithetless View Post
They work with any player that has a standard 3.5mm headphone jack. As long as you're just looking to play music through them (vs. utilizing the D2's nonexistent calling capabilities ), you will be fine.
+1. I use it extensively with my D2+ and it sounds great.

Be prepared to tinker some trying to find the optimum ear tip. I have tried both the Comply T400s, Shure E2Cs and some no name ebay bi-flanges. Didn't like any of them. For me personally, the best I have found is the stock tips (large tip for left ear + medium tip for right ear). I don't think this is the norm though. So I would not hesitate to try as many different makes and models as possible. The only ones left I would like to try now are the Sony hybrids. I'll probably do this eventually. Read good things about them.

Good luck.
post #697 of 854
Thanks, good to hear that! I ordered the shure e2c tips cause I heard some good things bout them, hopefully I'll b satisfied.
post #698 of 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.khali View Post
Here is another spot that you should only pay about $20 with shipping.
Thanks again, Mr. K
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowpickr View Post
the best I have found is the stock tips (large tip for left ear + medium tip for right ear).
So your NE-7M shipped with different sized tips? That's interesting because my shipment yesterday only came with the one set. Maybe they had a change in policy.
post #699 of 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by mset View Post
Thanks again, Mr. K
So your NE-7M shipped with different sized tips? That's interesting because my shipment yesterday only came with the one set. Maybe they had a change in policy.
Mine came with small, medium, and large sets of silicone tips + 1 set of medium foam tips. Not sure if their policy has changed or not. One thing that my set was missing that others seemed to be getting at the time was a cable clip. I emailed Nuforce about it though and they sent me one in the mail. I'm really glad because I am finding it very useful and it cuts down on microphonics.
post #700 of 854
Hi everybody.
I am a french guy looking for my Iphone original earphone replacement.
I must admit that I am a real newbie in the "audio world". Traditionnal earbud do not stay in my ear and I never tested any in-ear-canal earphone.
So I wanted to buy an earphone with a built-in microphone so as to use with my iPhone. I first tried the Sennheiser MM50 iP which provided quite good isolation (in my opinion) but the remote and the mic did not work. Then I found this very helpful topic and I decided to be the Nuforce 7M. At first try, mic and remote did not work. I started to wonder if my iPhone wasn't the origin of the problem. And it was. In fact I had dust in the jack hole (cf. How to Fix your iPhone Headphones Mic If It’s Not Working). After a bit of cleaning, everything went well and the mic and remote worked like a charm.
After this introduction, let's go to the noob's question.
I have difficulties to get a correct position of the earphone in my ear. As I never had any other before, I do not know if I am the problem or if the sleeves may be ? When in place but unplugged, do you get a complete noise isolation of outside world ?
Reading through the whole topic, I'm also interested in testing the Shure's sleeves or the T400. But I cannot find any in France and I must go with very expense international shopping / shipping. The large size stock sleeves seem to be those which fit me best. What are the sizes of the Shure's sleeves compared to the stock ones ? Must I try the L ones or the M ones which seems to be the ones with "universel fit" ?
Thank you for your answers. thank your for your very very helpful and advices full discussion. And sorry for my bad english speaking.
Caz.
post #701 of 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caz View Post
Hi everybody.
I am a french guy looking
for my Iphone original earphone replacement.
I must admit that I am a real newbie in the "audio world". Traditionnal earbud do not stay in my ear and I never tested any in-ear-canal earphone.
So I wanted to buy an earphone with a built-in microphone so as to use with my iPhone. I first tried the Sennheiser MM50 iP which provided quite good isolation (in my opinion) but the remote and the mic did not work. Then I found this very helpful topic and I decided to be the Nuforce 7M. At first try, mic and remote did not work. I started to wonder if my iPhone wasn't the origin of the problem. And it was. In fact I had dust in the jack hole (cf. How to Fix your iPhone Headphones Mic If It’s Not Working). After a bit of cleaning, everything went well and the mic and remote worked like a charm.
After this introduction, let's go to the noob's question.
I have difficulties to get a correct position of the earphone in my ear. As I never had any other before, I do not know if I am the problem or if the sleeves may be ? When in place but unplugged, do you get a complete noise isolation of outside world ?
Reading through the whole topic, I'm also interested in testing the Shure's sleeves or the T400. But I cannot find any in France and I must go with very expense international shopping / shipping. The large size stock sleeves seem to be those which fit me best. What are the sizes of the Shure's sleeves compared to the stock ones ? Must I try the L ones or the M ones which seems to be the ones with "universel fit" ?
Thank you for your answers. thank your for your very very helpful and advices full discussion. And sorry for my bad english speaking.
Caz.
LOL


as for the t400's, you can find some sellers on ebay willing to ship internationally.
post #702 of 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamm View Post
as for the t400's, you can find some sellers on ebay willing to ship internationally.
I think I will test the Shure's sleeves but I don't want to choose the wrong size, that is why I am asking for a size comparison between the Shure's sleeves and the Nuforce's ones.
But paying $50 for a new pair of earphone and $40 (with international shipping) for new sleeves does not enjoy me that much.
post #703 of 854
Thanks. I emailed Nuforce today and Jason said they would ship out a full set right away. Apprently it was jut a mistake. Nuforce have been fairly responsive over email - another plus for them.

I'll wait for them to show up, try them, and then consider the other options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowpickr View Post
Mine came with small, medium, and large sets of silicone tips + 1 set of medium foam tips. Not sure if their policy has changed or not. One thing that my set was missing that others seemed to be getting at the time was a cable clip. I emailed Nuforce about it though and they sent me one in the mail. I'm really glad because I am finding it very useful and it cuts down on microphonics.
post #704 of 854
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caz View Post
I think I will test the Shure's sleeves but I don't want to choose the wrong size, that is why I am asking for a size comparison between the Shure's sleeves and the Nuforce's ones.
But paying $50 for a new pair of earphone and $40 (with international shipping) for new sleeves does not enjoy me that much.
I use a medium with everything except the Klipsch X10 where I needed to use large - so I think if you use large for the Nuforce you need large for the SHure tips.

The stock tips do not isolate as well as the Shure or Complys tips, and the stock ones let some sound through as I mentioned in my review. To figure out what size and ear canal position I need, I always start with the medium and slowly insert them until I hear sounds being blocked or muffled and I stop pushing them in at that point. If I don't get a drop in external sound no matter how deep I put them in, then the tip is too small. If I can't get the tip to grab and hang onto my ear because it wont go in easily, then it is too large.

Once I have the right size, then I try music to see if I get full bass which means I have a good seal. I then try pushing them in deeper to see if the seal breaks (where a too large tip wrinkles up in the canal) or if the sound quality changes. Usually after a few tries I can find the best position for best sound. Sometimes when I push some earphones in more deeply, the treble becomes muffled and rolled off, or they sound darker. I do not have that "too deep = no treble" issue with the Nuforce, Altec Lansing, Etymotic or with most Shure earphones. Those sound best for me the deeper I insert them. I do have that "deep insertion treble problem" with Ultimate Ears, Sleek SA6, Klipsch X10, q-JAYS, Westone 3, Phonak PFE - where they sound best with a shallow insertion, with the IEM pushed in just far enough to grab and seal on the ear canal wall. (strangely, I have custom tips that go in very deep and they work fine with the X10 and W3, probably because the sound hole isn't becoming blocked or compressed).
post #705 of 854
Last night i was trying the e2c's black silcone olives tips on the ne-7m, when i came to taking them out the tip detached itself from the iem and stayed in the ear canal. The tip was so far down that i couldnt manage to get it out. To cut a long story short, i had to visit the A&E department to get it out. For some reason i can't get these to stay on the ne-7m as it doesn't go all the way down the stem of ne-7m's. As anyone had the sme problem?

So rather then me taking the risk of these getting stuck in my ear again i was wondering if the Shure black foam olive's can be modded to fit the ne-7m's? I know the Comply t400tips fit ne-7m's but many have said there not as good as the Shure foam olives.

Any advice welcome and thanks in advance.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › REVIEW: Nuforce NE-7M iPhone IEM vs Denon C700 and Klipsch Image X10 (NE-8 Impressions Added 1/15/09)