Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Head-Direct RE0 - a new contender for the best IEM
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[REVIEW] Head-Direct RE0 - a new contender for the best IEM - Page 133

post #1981 of 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post
 


Haha, I was actually there looking at some DAP's for someone giving a recommendation and thought I'd hover around and check out some items.

There they were! I've owned a pair in the past but not since a few nice source upgrades, so more than welcome back.

I agree they sounded great when I had them, I never found the treble as detailed as people say on that pair though.

Lets meet back here when they arrive and get this party started. :wink_face:

Yeah I can't wait. I wonder if any other headfiers in Oz have seen it. You think they're making them again? Apparently comes with full warranty and compliment of tips. I actually saw the phones at headphonic about a week ago, but I was on my way to a Carnival cruise leaving Sydney on Friday 13 December, so I saw the RE0s at headphonic on the Thursday. I thought I'd wait til I got back on 21 December before I ordered. 

post #1982 of 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by spurxiii View Post
 

Yeah I can't wait. I wonder if any other headfiers in Oz have seen it. You think they're making them again? Apparently comes with full warranty and compliment of tips. I actually saw the phones at headphonic about a week ago, but I was on my way to a Carnival cruise leaving Sydney on Friday 13 December, so I saw the RE0s at headphonic on the Thursday. I thought I'd wait til I got back on 21 December before I ordered. 


Well, I just received shipping confirmation and tracking number so any hints me thinking they might of been stocked in error are gone. Hopefully not long after Christmas. :)

post #1983 of 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post
 


Well, I just received shipping confirmation and tracking number so any hints me thinking they might of been stocked in error are gone. Hopefully not long after Christmas. :)

Yay I got mine also. The tracking says its already in Sydney since 9.24 this morning but no delivery yet.

post #1984 of 2011
Mine arrived about 20 minutes ago, there's no packaging, just wrapped in bubble wrap, I woke up went to the door plugged them straight into my studio v 3rd Anv and what a sound! Beautiful start to the morning. :-)
post #1985 of 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

Mine arrived about 20 minutes ago, there's no packaging, just wrapped in bubble wrap, I woke up went to the door plugged them straight into my studio v 3rd Anv and what a sound! Beautiful start to the morning. :-)
You lucky bastard. No sign of mine yet. My ears a tingling in anticipation
post #1986 of 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by spurxiii View Post


You lucky bastard. No sign of mine yet. My ears a tingling in anticipation


Don't forget to have a lookie see in the parcel, I almost missed this really trendy Headphonic fridge magnet loose in the bottom.

post #1987 of 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post
 


Don't forget to have a lookie see in the parcel, I almost missed this really trendy Headphonic fridge magnet loose in the bottom.

Good tip

post #1988 of 2011

On board for delivery. Hope I get it today

post #1989 of 2011
Let us know if they still sound good 😊
post #1990 of 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochill View Post

Let us know if they still sound good 😊
.
I will but they still aren't here yet. I keep looking out the windows
post #1991 of 2011
Just filter modded my earpod and found out there is a thick plastic layer behind the filter and after removing it the sound became more coherent and balanced...treble just came out and the depth of the sound improved 😎
post #1992 of 2011

Woohoo, they came

 

Couldn't wait and popped them into my ear. Straight out of the packaging, it sounds much more lively than the RE400s but I think this will smooth out a bit with some burn in. I didn't use and of the tips it came with, the RE400 small bi-flange seems to fit me. I'll compare it to the RE400s which is what I expected them to sound like. Its kind of similar but I like the RE0s much more. They sound better than my memory, but perhaps its because previously I was using it out of an iphone. The highs extend much further than the RE400s and the separation seems a lot better but the mids are less forward. Some say the RE400s mids are too forward so if you like it pulled back a notch the RE0s are it. The bass of the RE0s are slightly less extended both in the mid bass and the lower bass but it sounds more tight and in control. The RE0s aren't so good for EDM but for vocals, guitars and anything with some singing in it, Wow. This is what I wanted my RE400s to sound like.

 

 

post #1993 of 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by spurxiii View Post
 

Straight out of the packaging, it sounds much more lively than the RE400s ... Wow. This is what I wanted my RE400s to sound like.

What a placebo effect...

post #1994 of 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by yalper View Post
 

What a placebo effect...

Of course

post #1995 of 2011

New toy effect

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Head-Direct RE0 - a new contender for the best IEM