Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Head-Direct RE0 - a new contender for the best IEM
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[REVIEW] Head-Direct RE0 - a new contender for the best IEM - Page 9

post #121 of 2011
can anyone who has heard both the pfe and re0 share information if PFE's SQ is on par with re0?
post #122 of 2011
Just bought one cus of the sale.. can't wait to hear how they sound!
post #123 of 2011
The PFE have to be inferior to the RE0. After all, they're so last week. I can only wonder what will blow into town next week.
post #124 of 2011
^ The RE0's came out before the PFE's thoough..?
post #125 of 2011
The RE0 is an excellent IEM. I can enjoy them immensely straight out of an ipod touch. with an amp, forget it. your done. It is more then a steal at 99 bucks. its their flagship IEM, and its priced lower then the RE1. If your smart, get the RE0, and you will hug yourself when the price goes back up. assuming it will. I actually hope it will, I paid a lot more for my set. I'm feeling a bit slighted. but you all should seriously snag them NOW while the gettin's good.
post #126 of 2011
I am really concerned about the new cable upgrade they had,coz most of the reviews i find here are old.Could it make any difference...aaaargh..
post #127 of 2011
How is QC on these?
post #128 of 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilavideo View Post
The PFE have to be inferior to the RE0. After all, they're so last week. I can only wonder what will blow into town next week.
is the pfe's sq leagues behind RE0?
post #129 of 2011
^ no way.. they're similar if anything
post #130 of 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightingale View Post
is the pfe's sq leagues behind RE0?
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/image...Comparison.gif

According to this chart, the PFE is actually better.
post #131 of 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig View Post
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/image...Comparison.gif

According to this chart, the PFE is actually better.
That chart is useless. You should have read his thread better, because he said he created that chart on personal preference. It doesn't reflect how good an IEM is, just what he thinks sounds better. And you probably know different people have different preferences.
post #132 of 2011
It's dfkt's chart, not a poll chart. No one is better than the other, it depends on your own personal tastes.
For example I prefer RE2 over Atrios, even if I know most people don't. I expect RE0 will sound much better than Atrios, to my ears.
post #133 of 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belabor View Post
That chart is useless. You should have read his thread better, because he said he created that chart on personal preference. It doesn't reflect how good an IEM is, just what he thinks sounds better. And you probably know different people have different preferences.
Consulting the chart is neither better nor worse than asking for advice on the forums here. Sound Quality subjective to a degree, but the general trends can be taken from the chart. For example, I don't have to have the same preferences as DFKT to say that the Etys Er6i have little bass. How high up on the chart I'd rank them, on the other hand, is a different matter.

And as for comparison purposes, I'd rather trust DFKT's chart than the advice of someone who's heard one or two IEMs and runs around the forums pushing the one he/she likes better of the two. Choosing the right headphone should be a lengthy process of reading and comparing reviews, others' opinions, and personal preference. The chart can be quite helpful.
post #134 of 2011
My RE0 are posted, to bad they skipped on the FiiO after the pricedrop. Although my D2 should have enough power to drive it. I'm very curious, let them come I'm ready...
post #135 of 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac2003 View Post
My RE0 are posted, to bad they skipped on the FiiO after the pricedrop. Although my D2 should have enough power to drive it. I'm very curious, let them come I'm ready...
wow, just realised they removed the E3 as gift. prolly ran out of stock already.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Head-Direct RE0 - a new contender for the best IEM