Those look awesome! How do they sound now compared to before?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- IEMs for Mixing and Listening? Last post on 10/1/12 at 8:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? Last post on 6/6/16 at 1:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM choices for metal drummers (Price Range - 200 to 500$) Last post on 5/11/15 at 9:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4 or Westone 3 limited edition？ Last post on 6/4/11 at 8:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Some advice on high end IEM selection please! Last post on 5/6/11 at 10:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I want to thank @Todd of TTVJ for this wonderful surprise, and opportunity to review the fine Elear. It was a wonderful 7+ days, which I thoroughly enjoyed; extended due to a weather delay. Best...
Bought my Fiio X5 and it worked great for a few months, then one day, it got very hot ! so I sent it back for a warranty replacement, and it worked great until for just over a year, and now the...
AMPSANDSOUNDS KENZIE- what....a....WEEK! The Kenzie is handmade in Southern California with U.S.-sourced parts and custom hand-wound output transformers from Transcender, out of Hollister, CA....
Following the HD600s, I had simply obtained the Superlux 668b as a point of comparison and reference, as it is a well know and popular budget Headphone. My brother also uses a pair that he swears...
In an age where (multi-driver) hybrids are all the rage, the G3 is a single dynamic from a maker known for well-regarded, modestly-price earbuds. I bought these after reading the frenetic praise...
Westone 3 Impressions Thread - Page 134
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1997 of 22241/25/14 at 2:11pm
The Westone 3 are very picky depending on what tips I'm using and once I got the reshelled to specifically fit my ears they're amazing hands down one of my favorite iem's.
Edited by EpicAnthony - 1/25/14 at 2:19pmpost #1998 of 22241/25/14 at 5:16pmpost #1999 of 22241/25/14 at 5:20pmQuote:
Because of the better fit the highs and the mids have come forward and now blend in great with the low end. So now I don't get that overpowering bass as before it's much more docile and better imo.post #2000 of 22241/25/14 at 5:47pmQuote:
Very interesting. Re-shelling my UM3X turned them into absolute bass monsters.post #2001 of 22241/25/14 at 8:24pmQuote:
I'm sorry to hear that and that's weird the umx3 don't have a bassy signature, would you mind posting a pic? I'm interested in your design.post #2002 of 22241/25/14 at 11:30pm
Nah, I absolutely love it. Completely made the perfect IEM in my eyes. All of the neutrality and detail of the UM3X, with a whopping low-end. Perfection to my tastes. YMMV.post #2003 of 22241/26/14 at 5:00ampost #2004 of 22241/26/14 at 6:13amQuote:
Hey that's great to hear, thanks for the pictures I'm loving the red and blue. Red is my favorite color after all haha.Quote:
I'm currently using an iPhone 5s who has amazing audio chip as it is with a fiio e11 and it's a huge difference. Although my jh16's don't need much amping the Westone 3's really come to life with the 5s + e11 combo.post #2005 of 22241/26/14 at 6:33amJust got a pair of W3s yesterday and been playing them with an ipod classic 6th gen. Was wondering if an amp would make a difference? Sounds like it will so looks like that will be my next purchase.post #2006 of 22241/26/14 at 6:40amQuote:
The iPod Classic has a very good audio chip. If you pair that with a decent amp you will definitely see the difference.post #2007 of 22241/26/14 at 1:07pmQuote:
Agreed! Often I don't even use one for IEMs - the headphone out sounds great on the iPod.Quote:
The Fiio E17 has great EQ options, very customisable.post #2008 of 22241/26/14 at 1:23pmQuote:
Would getting the Sansa Clip+ be good or just get an amp/dac for the Samsung S3 be better (Nexus 5 in future)? Would I notice a good improvement, I am hearing a bit of noise floor with the s3.post #2009 of 22241/26/14 at 1:47pmQuote:
Up to you! The Sansa would be more portable, and you can put rockbox on it for EQ.
But then, the S3 is more handy, but adding a DAC/AMP would make it bulky.
If you're hearing noise floor with the S3, maybe look up some of the audio related kernal upgrades. Unless it's just an output impedance issue.post #2010 of 22241/26/14 at 2:43pmVery true if your looking for something that won't bulk up your s3 and give you more pop you can try the fiio rocky it also gives your Westone 3's a mic for calls and skip and play songs.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 3 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 1 minute ago
- › The Other Metal Thread: No Extreme Metal Zone! 1 minute ago
- › Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP... 3 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony TA-ZH1ES Hi-Res Headphone Amplifier (Live From... 5 minutes ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 6 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 7 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 8 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear by ngoshawk
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by GhostPhantom
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by ngoshawk
- › Superlux HD-668 B by snapacap
- › TY Hi-Z G3 by loomisjohnson
- › Accutone Pisces BA Hybrid IEM by crabdog
- › Schiit Modi Multibit by Trogdor
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by Mimouille
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Currawong
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by vincik
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear