Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › WESTONE 3 IMPRESSIONS AND APPRECIATION THREAD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WESTONE 3 IMPRESSIONS AND APPRECIATION THREAD - Page 54

post #796 of 2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn11 View Post
Hey, I really can't wait to hear what your experience with the Jays tips is like.
It's a shame JAYS doesn't sell a variety pack of their various sleeve sizes...$9+ for each of the 5 options is a bit much for experimentation's sake...
post #797 of 2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahhian View Post
...
How does the perfect isolation feels like on the ears? Should it block out most of the external sound? Kind of like sticking my finger into both ears and making a vacuum in it. Is that how it should feel like.

Sorry for the crude way of describing it
Try the garbage disposer test. If you have a good seal then you should barely hear it running. Well, at least when listening to Steve Vai. LOL
post #798 of 2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etravis View Post
Try the garbage disposer test. If you have a good seal then you should barely hear it running. Well, at least when listening to Steve Vai. LOL
My test is the burr grinder for my espresso.... in the morning, I'll be listening on the Sony/W3 combo as I start to make my necessary double espresso. I can barely tell it's on........
post #799 of 2121
screw you guys!

i just bought westone 3's, bit the bullet - $407usd ($647aud) frmo FreqCity!

Head-Fi and Westone have claimed another victim!
post #800 of 2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance View Post
screw you guys!

i just bought westone 3's, bit the bullet - $407usd ($647aud) frmo FreqCity!

Head-Fi and Westone have claimed another victim!

Welcome to the Club, and sorry for your wallet!

SilverB
post #801 of 2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance View Post
screw you guys!

i just bought westone 3's, bit the bullet - $407usd ($647aud) frmo FreqCity!

Head-Fi and Westone have claimed another victim!
Hey hey, congrats, even if it was at a steep price!
post #802 of 2121
Anyone found these for sale in the UK other than at PJBOX? Their price is perfectly competitive (pretty much $399 converted into £s) but I was hoping to have a backup in case they sold out before I managed to buy them. I'd prefer to wait till they were in stock somewhere over pre-ordering a set...
post #803 of 2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule View Post
Hey hey, congrats, even if it was at a steep price!
yeah i'm totally bitten too; buying them this week hehe this thraed hasn't helped my wallet at all. I havent got a prayer
post #804 of 2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict View Post
Here is how well they tuck into the ear with Westome UM-56 custom sleeves. The clear thing sticking out is the handle to remove the tip should the earphone become disconnected from the custom tip:
Good morning, HA. Thanks for the picture of the UM-56 custom sleeve installed with the W3. I wanted to use this with my new W3, but was afraid how far it would stick out from the ear. Looks like the combination is very close, indeed!

If a picture is worth a thousand words, the you have saved a lot of time typing at the keyboard.

Thanks for taking the initiative to help us out in this manner. Maybe Doug can throw us a bone (coupon) for Christmas. After all, some sales are better than no sales and it keeps people employed, providing income for their families. Together, the people on this list can keep the economy moving!

So Doug, what do you think?
post #805 of 2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicktheNorse View Post
Anyone found these for sale in the UK other than at PJBOX? Their price is perfectly competitive (pretty much $399 converted into £s) but I was hoping to have a backup in case they sold out before I managed to buy them. I'd prefer to wait till they were in stock somewhere over pre-ordering a set...
I don't think any other UK retailers are carrying the Westone 3 yet. Handheld Audio is the only other UK company I know of that stocks Westone products, but they haven't listed the Westone 3 yet, and they're more expensive than PJBOX (for instance, UM2s at Handheld Audio £225 - UM2s at PJBOX £195).
post #806 of 2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by PouncePony View Post
I'm using the tri-flange cut back to the last flange and am liking the sound. The W3s are not as flush to my ear as with the small Shure olive tips, but the sound quality is better.

It will likely be a unique journey for each to find the right tip. I am considering the UM56.

-Pony
Since you cut the tri-flange down to a single like I did, you could also trim the stem a little. It will sit flush in your ear that way, and doesn't effect the SQ.
post #807 of 2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbr View Post
Good morning, HA. Thanks for the picture of the UM-56 custom sleeve installed with the W3. I wanted to use this with my new W3, but was afraid how far it would stick out from the ear. Looks like the combination is very close, indeed!

If a picture is worth a thousand words, the you have saved a lot of time typing at the keyboard.

Thanks for taking the initiative to help us out in this manner. Maybe Doug can throw us a bone (coupon) for Christmas. After all, some sales are better than no sales and it keeps people employed, providing income for their families. Together, the people on this list can keep the economy moving!

So Doug, what do you think?
Ummm... Not my call. The Audiologists sell the UM56 to you guys. It's up to them... oh and with the 3 selling like it is... sales are just fine. But hey, thanks for playing! :-)
post #808 of 2121
Just got mine today. First impression is very good, they do everything well so far. I don't find the highs rolled off in any way and I'm a triple.fi fan. Voices are right there and bass is beautiful. Comfort of course is top notch, love the cable, I get a great fit with the med silicone which is what I use on my triple.fi (shure e2c). I will play around with some other tips in the coming hrs...right now just enjoying.
FYI....Freq city sound on ebay was a great guy to deal with.
post #809 of 2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by p0wderh0und23 View Post
Ummm... Not my call. The Audiologists sell the UM56 to you guys. It's up to them... oh and with the 3 selling like it is... sales are just fine. But hey, thanks for playing! :-)
Mine was willing to only charge me $70 (his cost?) since I had paid $30 each for 2 sets of impressions for two sets of Livewires in that same month. (one of those Livewires is now an SE530 in wolf's clothing)
post #810 of 2121
these westone 3's are some serious business. I think my journey on head-fi is finally over after 4 years. They sound even better/fuller with the Travagan White that I got from HeadphoneAddict^^.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › WESTONE 3 IMPRESSIONS AND APPRECIATION THREAD