Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › WESTONE 3 IMPRESSIONS AND APPRECIATION THREAD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WESTONE 3 IMPRESSIONS AND APPRECIATION THREAD - Page 6

post #76 of 2116
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverknit3 View Post
Will Westone be selling the tips that come with the Westone 3's? I got my eye on those clear ones (if they are gel) and the tri-flanges.

Yes. The entire "fit kit" that comes with the 3 will be available.
post #77 of 2116
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordnikon View Post
Is the UM3 going to be available in clear or only in black?
It's not a UM3... there is no UM3. This is the Westone 3. Totally different series, and right now only in black.
post #78 of 2116
Does anyone know how the warranty works out if we buy the Westone 3 from eBay? One seller on eBay, marcopoloca, states in his auction "Full Warranty". The other one, Cyber_worlds, states one year. I'm sure the warranty should be two years. Are these people authorized resellers? Would Westone cover us if we purchase from these people?

I'm asking because I bought some Grados on eBay only to realize that their warranty doesn't cover purchases made through online auction sites. See left.

*Hint* People are expecting a 30% live cashback on Cyber Monday (Monday after Black Friday, which is the Friday after Thanksgiving). Cashback doesn't appear to show up on eBay at the moment.

I've been very happy with my UM2, they have served me well for about 3 years. My SE530 has been problematic with the cabling and are less comfortable, although they have a more balanced and neutral sound overall.
post #79 of 2116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurven View Post
Well, thanks to the delay, I got the UE11s.

If these were to sound nearly as good considering their price....

Me too. Wouldn't have the UE-11's except for the almost 2 year delay on the 3's. Things have a way of working out. May sell my Shures, my UM2's and see if I can pull the trigger on these bad boys.
post #80 of 2116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Knight View Post
The Westone's cable is very durable and flexible though. I don't it will break easily like that of the SE530.
I had to have the cables replaced on both my UM1s and UM2s. The UM1 repair was under warranty. The UM2 repair was only about $25 plus shipping.

I've had great experiences with Westone's customer service. In both instances, a person actually answered the phone and handled the whole process. Since the UM2s weren't under warranty, someone called me back and let me know how much it would cost to repair them.

So, the cables do break. But, I've been very please with Westone's customer service.

-Pony
post #81 of 2116
Been waiting for an upgrade to the UM2s, and this is the ticket. Tried most of the other universal triple drivers (SE530, TF10), and always went running back to the UM2s, simply because the cable and body are so awesome.
post #82 of 2116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecc View Post
Does anyone know how the warranty works out if we buy the Westone 3 from eBay? One seller on eBay, marcopoloca, states in his auction "Full Warranty". The other one, Cyber_worlds, states one year. I'm sure the warranty should be two years. Are these people authorized resellers? Would Westone cover us if we purchase from these people?

I'm asking because I bought some Grados on eBay only to realize that their warranty doesn't cover purchases made through online auction sites. See left.

*Hint* People are expecting a 30% live cashback on Cyber Monday (Monday after Black Friday, which is the Friday after Thanksgiving). Cashback doesn't appear to show up on eBay at the moment.

I've been very happy with my UM2, they have served me well for about 3 years. My SE530 has been problematic with the cabling and are less comfortable, although they have a more balanced and neutral sound overall.
Marcopoloca is an Authorized Dealer. Cyber_Worlds is not (we've actually tried to track them down). If you purchase them "new" and in the "box" and fill out the warranty card, you will get an additional year, so it goes to 2 years. If they are open box, it's as is and no warranty extension.
post #83 of 2116
SOB! i love my um2's. i must upgrade. i wonder if there will be a flood of um2's in the FS section...
post #84 of 2116
Another pic of the "3" undergoing high altitude MTB testing this past summer in Colorado. Tunes: Vintage Pink Floyd, Tull, Black Sabbath, Van Halen, Joe Satriani, David Gilmour, Flyleaf, Linkin Park and Lawrence Welk & the Champagne Orchestra (not really on the last one....ahem, does anyone even know who that was?):



Don't tell powderhound, but I left my 3s and my Nano in my MTB shorts and washed them after this particular ride. They eventually came back to life, but don't try this at home folks!!
post #85 of 2116
Quote:
Originally Posted by p0wderh0und23 View Post
Marcopoloca is an Authorized Dealer. Cyber_Worlds is not (we've actually tried to track them down). If you purchase them "new" and in the "box" and fill out the warranty card, you will get an additional year, so it goes to 2 years. If they are open box, it's as is and no warranty extension.
What about FREQ CITY SOUND LIGHTING STAGING (zolton2) on eBay? Are they authorized?
post #86 of 2116
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmiarka View Post
What about FREQ CITY SOUND LIGHTING STAGING (zolton2) on eBay? Are they authorized?
Yep. They have been with us for several years.
post #87 of 2116
Quote:
Originally Posted by p0wderh0und23 View Post
Yep. They have been with us for several years.
Thanks! I just ordered from Mike (Freq City) on eBay. Hoping he will be able to ship these out on the 28th as advertised. Can't wait!
post #88 of 2116
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsrider View Post
Don't tell powderhound, but I left my 3s and my Nano in my MTB shorts and washed them after this particular ride. They eventually came back to life, but don't try this at home folks!!
Ahhhh the joys of cycling. I feel your pain. I've done stuff like that too... glad to hear the W3 made it through ok. I guess they're tough.
post #89 of 2116
what's the benefit of going through ebay?
post #90 of 2116
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatman711 View Post
what's the benefit of going through ebay?
25% cashback from Microsoft Live search. Brings the price of the Westone 3s down to $300.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › WESTONE 3 IMPRESSIONS AND APPRECIATION THREAD