Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Ultrasone Edition 8
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultrasone Edition 8 - Page 128

post #1906 of 1943
I am wondering about the player it must have a mini XLR out?
post #1907 of 1943
Haha, I'm really late to the party but I just can't make a decision between several headphones.

I Listen to pretty much all genres but I hate a cold, thin, boring type sound, I love a fun, musical sound, though with some standard of clarity and fidelity, vocals need to be really good though as they're very important to me too!

Also I would use these portably but size doesn't matter, just leakage and isolation wise.

What I had in mind so far: T5p, sig pros, edition 8, d5000, or th600. I found all of these for decent deals but need help deciding! All help is greatly appreciated, thanks!!(:
post #1908 of 1943
Quote:
Originally Posted by milk View Post

Haha, I'm really late to the party but I just can't make a decision between several headphones.

I Listen to pretty much all genres but I hate a cold, thin, boring type sound, I love a fun, musical sound, though with some standard of clarity and fidelity, vocals need to be really good though as they're very important to me too!

Also I would use these portably but size doesn't matter, just leakage and isolation wise.

What I had in mind so far: T5p, sig pros, edition 8, d5000, or th600. I found all of these for decent deals but need help deciding! All help is greatly appreciated, thanks!!(:

 

Well, here's what I would say based on my experiences:

 

T5p - Not what you're looking for sound wise. Thin, bass light sound, excellent clarity though

D5000 / Th600 - Pretty leaky sound overall

 

The Edition 8 or signature pros may end up being what you're looking for, but tbh for that amount of asking money, I would consider an IEM that will seriously outperform either.

post #1909 of 1943
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwappo99 View Post

Well, here's what I would say based on my experiences:

T5p - Not what you're looking for sound wise. Thin, bass light sound, excellent clarity though
D5000 / Th600 - Pretty leaky sound overall

The Edition 8 or signature pros may end up being what you're looking for, but tbh for that amount of asking money, I would consider an IEM that will seriously outperform either.

Hey there! Thanks for the reply! I've tried several IEMs that are pretty mid tier and just didn't feel like IEMs were really for me, so I was looking more towards cans. So it seems the ultrasones of the list are what id mainly be looking for. Would you happen to have any other closed headphone recommendations? I have a budget of like $800 more or less depending on quality and don't mind buying used. Thanks!(:
post #1910 of 1943
Quote:
Originally Posted by milk View Post


Hey there! Thanks for the reply! I've tried several IEMs that are pretty mid tier and just didn't feel like IEMs were really for me, so I was looking more towards cans. So it seems the ultrasones of the list are what id mainly be looking for. Would you happen to have any other closed headphone recommendations? I have a budget of like $800 more or less depending on quality and don't mind buying used. Thanks!(:

 

I definitely understand your take on IEMs, just an idea. I spent a lot of time searching for a good portable headphone with good isolation, and in the end, my old triple-fis are usually what I take with me. 

 

These ultrasones may be a good fit for you. I don't have experience with the Signature Pros, but the edition 8s had a good seal, and were a very "energetic" sound. I've owned a lot of ultrasones, and the only thing I really didn't like about the Edition 8s was the price. I thought they really didn't jump over the SQ of the lower ultrasone models, but that's my opinion, and others are free to disagree.

 

I really enjoyed the Ultrasone HFI-780 and HFI-580. I thought they shared a very similar tonality. 

post #1911 of 1943
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwappo99 View Post

I definitely understand your take on IEMs, just an idea. I spent a lot of time searching for a good portable headphone with good isolation, and in the end, my old triple-fis are usually what I take with me. 

These ultrasones may be a good fit for you. I don't have experience with the Signature Pros, but the edition 8s had a good seal, and were a very "energetic" sound. I've owned a lot of ultrasones, and the only thing I really didn't like about the Edition 8s was the price. I thought they really didn't jump over the SQ of the lower ultrasone models, but that's my opinion, and others are free to disagree.

I really enjoyed the Ultrasone HFI-780 and HFI-580. I thought they shared a very similar tonality. 

Alright great! I'll definitely look more into the ultrasone line, IEMs did great in many things for sure, but I find the overall sound and immersion more pleasant with headphones, but for isolation and extreme portability they're great, but I wouldn't mind lugging some decent sized cans for SQ, thanks man!
post #1912 of 1943
I am very happy with the two Signature headphones. But there is one gripe in buying used. The earpads wear out over time depending on the usage. So I can only recommend to take new pads into the caculation if you buy used. And the pads are 130 € or like 200 $. Not cheap, but absolutely recommended.
post #1913 of 1943

Maxx134

 

I'm assuming the "whiplash" silver cable comes from Helixcables as well? Are you using an amplifier? 

post #1914 of 1943
No it came from the whiplash website and the cable type was specifically selected for that model..
I don't have the link right now but I suppose you can Google
post #1915 of 1943

Thank you very much and looking forward to getting mine re-cabled. 

post #1916 of 1943

How is the ultrasone edition 8's clamping force compare to th900/th600? I found th900's clamping is too loose for me, is edition 8 more stable to wear compared to them?

post #1917 of 1943

I think more clamp but extremely comfortable. Just jumped back to them from the SigPros and i had forgotten how comfortable they are and good they sound. The sigpro is still the new phone but not necessarily better just voiced differently. I go through phases with them both, actually with all my phones.

post #1918 of 1943

Thanks a lot, for the edition 8, what dap to use it with? is the ipod or iphone enough to get the full potential out of the cans?

post #1919 of 1943
You probably get 98% of the potential with the Idevices headphone out. The missing 2% is what we all here will debate on forever........and a day!!!

This is not Troja, this is HeadFi........
post #1920 of 1943
I find the sq scales up more with the ed8 then the Sig pro when upgrading source. That said, I haven't used the headphone out from an iPod or iPhone in years. Just my experience with different sources.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Ultrasone Edition 8