Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Ultrasone Edition 8
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultrasone Edition 8 - Page 116

post #1726 of 1970
Double post.
Edited by Speedv1 - 12/30/12 at 8:49am
post #1727 of 1970
Haha triple post. Ipad being fussy between 3G/wifi. Sorry guys.
Edited by Speedv1 - 12/30/12 at 8:49am
post #1728 of 1970

Does anyone have a good method of cleaning underneath the earpads? Love these headphones, but I facepalm every time I think about Ultrasone's decision to make the earpads non-removable.

post #1729 of 1970

The new Romeo versions seem interesting with their cable solution.

 

If I actually like the bass of a Pro 900* how disappointed am I going to be if I move to the ED8? Note: I will probably use these to mostly listen to more or less ambient electronic music, hence the bass question.

 

* (I do have other headphones I use which are more balanced.)

post #1730 of 1970

If you like the PRO-900 for that Kind of Music, then you are stuck. It has simply the biggest emphasis on the bass amongst all Ultrasones. And the difference is not only hear able, you can feel the sound pressure difference. Even though the bass of the PRO-900 is not the cleanest and probably not even audiophile grade, I also love it with my favorite bass tracks. Maybe the new Signature DJ is more in that direction, but I have not auditioned it yet.

post #1731 of 1970
post #1732 of 1970
So curious guys, is there any IEM (or CIEM) that is anything like the Edition 8s' sound? I love these things and use them all the time but if I'm ultra mobile it'd be nice to have an IEM to use.
I'm guessing no, but hey let's find out!

Cheers.
post #1733 of 1970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedv1 View Post

So curious guys, is there any IEM (or CIEM) that is anything like the Edition 8s' sound? I love these things and use them all the time but if I'm ultra mobile it'd be nice to have an IEM to use.
I'm guessing no, but hey let's find out!

Cheers.

Ultrasone have their own IEM that people have reported as close to the Ultrasone "house" sound.

Check out this link: http://www.soundearphones.com/products/ultrasone-iq-earphones

post #1734 of 1970
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeskd View Post

Ultrasone have their own IEM that people have reported as close to the Ultrasone "house" sound.
Check out this link: http://www.soundearphones.com/products/ultrasone-iq-earphones

I hear those are really uncomfortable..
post #1735 of 1970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedv1 View Post

I hear those are really uncomfortable..

I don't find them uncomfortable at all. Definitely less fussy than EX1000 and CK100pro in my opinion. They provide rather good sound isolation and if you like Edition 8 sound sig, you will enjoy IQ. I recommend you try them out first before committing.
post #1736 of 1970
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolutionx View Post

I don't find them uncomfortable at all. Definitely less fussy than EX1000 and CK100pro in my opinion. They provide rather good sound isolation and if you like Edition 8 sound sig, you will enjoy IQ. I recommend you try them out first before committing.

Hm perhaps i judged them tol quickly, I'll try to see if I can test them locally. Thanks.
post #1737 of 1970
Quote:
Originally Posted by eobet View Post

The new Romeo versions seem interesting with their cable solution.

 

If I actually like the bass of a Pro 900* how disappointed am I going to be if I move to the ED8? Note: I will probably use these to mostly listen to more or less ambient electronic music, hence the bass question.

 

* (I do have other headphones I use which are more balanced.)

 

I had a chance to compare the Romeo with the Ed8LE but these were 2nd hand models so rather an invalid comparison not knowing the burn-in of each unit. The Romeo's bass did sound somewhat slightly tighter than the Ed8LE, whilst the Ed8LE having more of a "rumble". Strangely I did enjoy the Romeo quite a bit with their new cable system. Not only is the detachable appealing to switch with 3rd party cables, their current cable design seems to fall down more neatly and less cumbersome.

 

I actually owned the Ed8LE for 9 months 7 months ago and back then felt the SigPros sounded nicer, however I did enjoy the Romeos this time though - not certain if it's cos I miss the Ed8s in general or if I really liked the sound of this particular unit. I may need to go back to the store and compare the Romeos with the SigPros/SigDJ's again.

post #1738 of 1970
Not meaning to disturb the thread, but if case people are interested I've posted my Edition 8s for sale. Simply going back to the ways of IEM; just better for my purposes.

Here's the link
post #1739 of 1970

I did a little comparison between ED8 and SDJ(Signature DJ).

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/623238/ultrasone-signature-dj/525#post_9145809

post #1740 of 1970
Quote:
Originally Posted by skfktkwjs View Post

I did a little comparison between ED8 and SDJ(Signature DJ).


Good write up. Seems as if the sig
http://www.head-fi.org/t/623238/ultrasone-signature-dj/525#post_9145809



Good comments overall. Seems as if the signature line is a better value overall and a more balanced sound. Any chance you could comment on isolation?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Ultrasone Edition 8