How are these tubes working out for you?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- trafomatic experience head one opinions needed Last post on 12/21/10 at 1:33pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- JVC DX1000: should I get a TRAFOMATIC EXP. HEAD ONE or VIOLECTRIC HPA V200 or RUDISTOR RPX-33 ... Last post on 4/21/12 at 7:39am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 5/24/14 at 11:55am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
- Headphone Impedance
Trafomatic Experience Head One - Page 12
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'm using the Reflector pair and the telefunken for a couple days now. By the way, the Reflector came from Ukraine barely wrapped in a magazine sheet inside a soft carton box, I've seen better packaging in my eBayer life !
About the tubes, I do like them although the difference is not so important to my ears, perhaps a bit more dynamics, I'm only shure that the association with Grado PS1000 is really good, I really like it.
I've received the RFT on Saturday, and did not have time to test it for the moment. I've ordered a pair of electro harmonix gold pins as well, I.read that they are famous to be high quality tubes.
Sorry not to have much to say, perhaps when I'll switch back to the stock tubes, i will hear a real difference ?
Thanks for the updates. Differences between tubes are subtle, but there. They don't drastically change the sound of the amp. Rather, they allow you to fine tune it to your preference.
It seems like these two amp + cans will be able to deliver a very nice result for any music whether it is complex, instrumental or voice only, philarmonic, a single instrument (piano, cello, etc...) it always make something good if you feed it with a nice recording.
The Trafomatic made me believer in differences in sources. I previously thought there was no difference at all between CD players and only subtle differences existed between external DACs. That was the case with inferior amps. The Trafomatic is very quality and allows me to hear those differences in sources.
I've tried the RFT for a little while now, and I finally prefer them to the stock tube : more musicality, more details, a bit warmer.
I've tried Electro Hamonix "gold" 6S45P bought on eBay from China, and although they don't come cheap, they are a real improvement to the richness and smoothness of the sound, I really think they are worth the try.
now all I need are some headphones...
which cans would you consider the most "allround" headphones for this amp?
I won't be able to buy several 'phones to start with, so I am trying to get a good start.
got recommended the ATH-w1000X since the Head One was designed around their predecessor, the ATH-W1000. My main concern with these cans, though, is that they seem to favour acoustic, vocal oriented music. My music taste usually stretches much wider than that, from rock to electronic, classical, live, jazz, you name it.
So maybe some more versatile cans would be preferrable?
Do you have any recommendations?
The Beyer T1 are selling for a reasonable price right now, but being 600ohm headphones you'll have to crank up the volume quite a bit to get things happening, which usually results in some dynamic loss....
LCD-2s are stretching the budget quite a bit and I have never heard any planar 'phones to prepare me for what to expect with those...
any help is appreciated
Now I just have to decide between T1 and ATH-W1000X
Strangely enough, the T1 seems to be sold out all over the place here... (at least in those shops with reasonable pricing) How much are those 'phones going in The Netherlands for?
greetings from Norway
Hi Kinda know now what amp I'll buy, now that I have my PS1000. Once I'll have the usb 5v power to counter the M2tech brightness, I'll change the HA 160 with the traformic, it just seems to be one of the perfect match, still in an affordable (kinda) price range.
- Trafomatic Experience Head One
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 8 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 54 seconds ago
- › About to buy first pair of IEMs - RHA MA750s 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 3 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 4 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 5 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 7 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)