How are these tubes working out for you?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- trafomatic experience head one opinions needed Last post on 12/21/10 at 1:33pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- JVC DX1000: should I get a TRAFOMATIC EXP. HEAD ONE or VIOLECTRIC HPA V200 or RUDISTOR RPX-33 ... Last post on 4/21/12 at 7:39am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Picture are default 1200 x 800 resolution - click to view larger images.INTRODUCTIONThis one came out of the blue. A company I'd never heard of, and an IEM I didn't know existed. The inquiry was...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction:The device was lent to me as part of FiiO's review tour. I was given 10 days with the device to evaluate it and in return give my honest opinion about it. My current...
At the time this review was written, the iFi Pro iCan was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are some links for purchase and...
JOMO PLB (Pretty Little Beast) IEM Review - Expatinjapan `Oh you pretty things` - David Bowie Jomo Audio PLB, Opus#3 Dap and Double Helix Cable. JOMO PLB (Pretty little...
In the present state of portable audio markets, with one-upmanship of driver counts (and prices) fast becoming the norm, Campfire Audio has blazed its own path by offering immaculately crafted,...
Trafomatic Experience Head One - Page 12post #166 of 19710/22/12 at 10:08am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #167 of 19710/22/12 at 10:50am
I'm using the Reflector pair and the telefunken for a couple days now. By the way, the Reflector came from Ukraine barely wrapped in a magazine sheet inside a soft carton box, I've seen better packaging in my eBayer life !
About the tubes, I do like them although the difference is not so important to my ears, perhaps a bit more dynamics, I'm only shure that the association with Grado PS1000 is really good, I really like it.
I've received the RFT on Saturday, and did not have time to test it for the moment. I've ordered a pair of electro harmonix gold pins as well, I.read that they are famous to be high quality tubes.
Sorry not to have much to say, perhaps when I'll switch back to the stock tubes, i will hear a real difference ?post #168 of 19710/22/12 at 5:51pm
Thanks for the updates. Differences between tubes are subtle, but there. They don't drastically change the sound of the amp. Rather, they allow you to fine tune it to your preference.
post #169 of 19710/22/12 at 9:37pmAnyway, the Trafomatic Head1 in association with the Grado PS1000 make me really happy. Yesterday night I was listening to the SACD of Coltrane + Hartmann, music was real, charming, a beautiful moment.
It seems like these two amp + cans will be able to deliver a very nice result for any music whether it is complex, instrumental or voice only, philarmonic, a single instrument (piano, cello, etc...) it always make something good if you feed it with a nice recording.post #170 of 19710/23/12 at 9:08am
The Trafomatic made me believer in differences in sources. I previously thought there was no difference at all between CD players and only subtle differences existed between external DACs. That was the case with inferior amps. The Trafomatic is very quality and allows me to hear those differences in sources.
post #171 of 19711/12/12 at 2:24amA little follow up of my tests of tubes.
I've tried the RFT for a little while now, and I finally prefer them to the stock tube : more musicality, more details, a bit warmer.
I've tried Electro Hamonix "gold" 6S45P bought on eBay from China, and although they don't come cheap, they are a real improvement to the richness and smoothness of the sound, I really think they are worth the try.post #172 of 1974/27/13 at 2:04amjust got a used version of this fine looking and hopefully fine sounding amp
now all I need are some headphones...
which cans would you consider the most "allround" headphones for this amp?
I won't be able to buy several 'phones to start with, so I am trying to get a good start.
got recommended the ATH-w1000X since the Head One was designed around their predecessor, the ATH-W1000. My main concern with these cans, though, is that they seem to favour acoustic, vocal oriented music. My music taste usually stretches much wider than that, from rock to electronic, classical, live, jazz, you name it.
So maybe some more versatile cans would be preferrable?
Do you have any recommendations?
The Beyer T1 are selling for a reasonable price right now, but being 600ohm headphones you'll have to crank up the volume quite a bit to get things happening, which usually results in some dynamic loss....
LCD-2s are stretching the budget quite a bit and I have never heard any planar 'phones to prepare me for what to expect with those...
any help is appreciated
davepost #173 of 1974/27/13 at 5:39amThread Starterpost #174 of 1974/28/13 at 12:45amthanks, that was the answer I was hoping for
Now I just have to decide between T1 and ATH-W1000X
Strangely enough, the T1 seems to be sold out all over the place here... (at least in those shops with reasonable pricing) How much are those 'phones going in The Netherlands for?
greetings from Norway
davepost #175 of 1974/28/13 at 12:46pmpost #176 of 1974/30/13 at 3:01pmpost #177 of 1978/23/13 at 10:37am
Hi Kinda know now what amp I'll buy, now that I have my PS1000. Once I'll have the usb 5v power to counter the M2tech brightness, I'll change the HA 160 with the traformic, it just seems to be one of the perfect match, still in an affordable (kinda) price range.
post #178 of 19710/4/13 at 12:05ampost #179 of 19710/4/13 at 10:27ampost #180 of 19710/4/13 at 11:28am
- Trafomatic Experience Head One
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › 64 Audio | apex | tia 1 minute ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Pioneer's First Hi-End Headphones: SE-Master 1 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 3 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 3 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd generation 4 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 4 minutes ago
- › Aedle ODS-1 by Brooko
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by xkonfuzed
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Hisoundfi
- › Jomo Audio pretty Little beast by ExpatinJapan
- › Campfire Audio Jupiter by mrstrangeguy
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by SOULSIK
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear