New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

UE TF10 for home theatre

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
Was wondering what ppls opinions are on these with the home theatre for dvd & blu ray though an amp with dts or dd decoding, what is the surround & bass like, as good or better than home speaker with woofer? will I be wasting my money? also using it for the ipod but want the best of both worlds.
post #2 of 11
It's still two channel in the end, L and R... a mixer might help but i'm not familiar with those stuff
post #3 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughnut View Post
It's still two channel in the end, L and R... a mixer might help but i'm not familiar with those stuff
ah right,

well for situation is I won a pair on ebay at a very good price, the seller doesn't care if I buy it or not. I know I should have researched this before I bid on them. lol

how do they compare to open headphones?

I still would very much like them for music as much for movies.
post #4 of 11
TF10P sitting on top of the ladder for BA universal iem together with SE530 and UM2. They are equally good, excel in certain ways but none will be perfect imho. In neutrality, i will give TF10P a vote. I sold my UM2 and waiting for my new TF10P
post #5 of 11
did you just say hometheatre? well imo your purpose for them isn't very apt. if you want to use it for dd/dts surround, no iems in to date will give you proper staging. the ONLY way to go with proper surround sound, is speakers.

even crap speakers would sound better in terms of surround than a pair of TF10, and I love my TF10s. just get them for music, they're well worth it for that alone. leave the movie playing to speakers.
post #6 of 11
I am thinking of using my SE530s for gaming with a surround mixer to simulate the surround effects. There aren't many of them out there, but the Astro A40 mixamp seems to be well liked. It also does Dolby Digital.
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughnut View Post
TF10P sitting on top of the ladder for BA universal iem together with SE530 and UM2. They are equally good, excel in certain ways but none will be perfect imho. In neutrality, i will give TF10P a vote. I sold my UM2 and waiting for my new TF10P
very odd how you say you give the triple fi 10 a vote for neutrality when you have not got them yet, thats odd. especially since theres people on here saying they are more bassy than the shure se530, which would make the triple fi very not neutral at all.

imo they are not as bassy as the shures but how can you be sure they are neutral.

edit: by the way i use shure se530 for watching blu ray movies on my laptop and although i cant take advantage of 7.1 HD surround, the sound of movies through iIEM's is still pretty damn good if you have a decent pair. the triple fi 10 i suspect will be just as good
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinx20001 View Post
very odd how you say you give the triple fi 10 a vote for neutrality when you have not got them yet, thats odd. especially since theres people on here saying they are more bassy than the shure se530, which would make the triple fi very not neutral at all.
More bassy =/= less neutral. Not having bass doesn't make a phone 'neutral'. But considering how bright the TF10 is I certainly wouldn't call them neutral.

In any case why are you using an IEM for a home theater? For movies you'll want as much soundstage as possible, and full size headphones do a better job. If you really must use an IEM you should use the SE530, which has the best soundstage of the lot.
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by scytheavatar View Post
More bassy =/= less neutral. Not having bass doesn't make a phone 'neutral'. But considering how bright the TF10 is I certainly wouldn't call them neutral.

In any case why are you using an IEM for a home theater? For movies you'll want as much soundstage as possible, and full size headphones do a better job. If you really must use an IEM you should use the SE530, which has the best soundstage of the lot.
I don't know what your hearing but mine with comply tips and a sr-71a does not sound to bright at all. Plenty of high's and bass
post #10 of 11
i love IEM's for films, the bass is great for earphones, which means you get great impact and upfront vocals for those quiet moments when a home theater appears to have been turned down.

dont get me wrong theres nothing in the headphone world that will be a great well set up home theatre but for portable on the move, and private movie watching theres a great experience to be had with a good set of in ears.

big cans are a little better for movies yeh but then again you will always be wondering whats missing.
post #11 of 11
TF10's are definitely MORE neutral than the se530's and UM2

but they are far from neutral themselves. the highs are too sharp to be considered completely "balanced"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: