Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › choose for me - Shure SE530, UE Triple.fi 10, Westone UM2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

choose for me - Shure SE530, UE Triple.fi 10, Westone UM2 - Page 2

post #16 of 25
se530's and UM2's are like wading through mud! what about livewwires if your getting customs?
post #17 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_h View Post
se530's and UM2's are like wading through mud! what about livewwires if your getting customs?
haha you are humerous. notice how the people that say comments like that always come from cold crappy sounding phones like the er4's and stuff. whats the bet this guys got the triple fi then?

edit: nope his profile suggests the coldest set he has is the er4's, that explains everything. how can you comment on getting livewires if you have not had them? they are near as makes no difference as muddy as the se530, that is...not muddy at all.
post #18 of 25
Stay in place? What will you be doing while wearing you iems? My Shure SE530 don't move at all with my universal tips. I do have custom sleeves for them. I don't use them much because I have noticed that they can make certain amps sound strange to me. They also stick out of my ears rather far and my girlfriend says I look like some kind of freak when I am wearing them. I get great isolation with the foam tips I have for my SE530s, but the custom molds are a lot better.

I have never tried the TF10s, but I am considering going all the way to the UE11 Pros.
post #19 of 25
Just offering up alternatives, by all accounts livewires are excellent, I can't remember reading a bad review, and they are around the budget mentioned. And also my opinion on the shure and westone I have owned/own and didn't like. Only my opinion, nothing personal!
post #20 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_h View Post
Just offering up alternatives, by all accounts livewires are excellent, I can't remember reading a bad review, and they are around the budget mentioned. And also my opinion on the shure and westone I have owned/own and didn't like. Only my opinion, nothing personal!
haha i know, sorry. by the way the livewires is a good suggestion i think the same, pointless gettin custom tips for universal iem's i think because they just stick out too far
post #21 of 25
Thread Starter 
there's lots of good comments here. in terms of fitting and more importantly, staying in place, i've had problems with every single one of my IEM's, form UE, to denon's to Mylars. It seems to be an inherent issue that you can't get around. unlike headphones, you can't plonk them on your head and have done with it.

don't get me wrong, the Denon's are the best for fitting, but even then they do ease out, with consummate ...ease! but i can't slip my HD650's into my pockets, so its swings and roundabouts.

as for music, its mainstream, rap and dance. can the Shure's handle that ? i've owned a few pair of UE's but i just want a change, however the cable issue of the Shure's does make me nervous, regardless of the good customer service.

my UE 5EB's were unbearably big...i'm wondering if the TF's are bigger?
post #22 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinx20001 View Post
haha i know, sorry. by the way the livewires is a good suggestion i think the same, pointless gettin custom tips for universal iem's i think because they just stick out too far
I agree that it's pointless but have another arguments. Transducers in universal IEMs are tuned for universal tips, not for silicone. That way universal IEMs can sound worse with custom tips and custom IEMs with the same transducers tuned for them. I haven't tried this theory but from what i know it is the case for most IEMs.
post #23 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferros View Post
I agree that it's pointless but have another arguments. Transducers in universal IEMs are tuned for universal tips, not for silicone. That way universal IEMs can sound worse with custom tips and custom IEMs with the same transducers tuned for them. I haven't tried this theory but from what i know it is the case for most IEMs.
i agree with what you say but to be honest i dont actually think manufacturers tune the drivers to match the tips. if you notice, every manufacturer claims the tips only make the earphones comfortable not different sounding in any way.

i think custom tips would not make much difference to the sound, only isolation and comfort really. thats just me guessing tho because i have not came across a manufacturer yet that claims the tips make a difference to sound
post #24 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by captian73 View Post

as for music, its mainstream, rap and dance. can the Shure's handle that ? i've owned a few pair of UE's but i just want a change, however the cable issue of the Shure's does make me nervous, regardless of the good customer service.

my UE 5EB's were unbearably big...i'm wondering if the TF's are bigger?
just to point out, i think the shure se530 is made for dance and rap, honestly.

i listen to dance,rnb,rap,hip hop and reggae and i can honestly tell you no earphones have came close to the warmth and power or these genres pumping through my shures. the first time i pumped reggae through these earphones i would have sworn they were built by rastas in kingston, trust me these are the genres that shine
post #25 of 25
I didn't mean tuned for exact type of universal tips, but for universal types, which are very different from silicone custom tips (those are harder and longer). So transducers for custom tips are imho tuned differenty than those for universal IEMs. But i might be wrong. Still, i am going to buy customs, not custom tips for universal IEMs, because I believe this way is better.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › choose for me - Shure SE530, UE Triple.fi 10, Westone UM2